Head of Strategy and Business Development(1062 Views)
About Afghanistan Payments Systems (APS)
Afghanistan Payments Systems LLC (APS) will help in developing the retail banking market in Afghanistan by providing innovative electronic and mobile payment services that enhance the retail banking offering in the country. APS will be directly responsible for oversight and collaborative activities in defining payment services, common procedures and standards, as well as representation on behalf of its members to the international card associations and networks.
The Head of Strategy and Business Development will construct and implement comprehensive business strategies to accomplish company’s goals and objectives. The incumbent on this position will establish short and long-term management, organizational and financial plans that aim to successfully achieve the department’s goals and objectives. He/she will work closely with company’s management to determine the right approach, steps and organizational structure to accomplish all goals and objectives.
|Date Posted:||10 Sep 2017||Reference:||APS-046|
|Closing Date:||18 Sep 2017||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Banking||Open Ended:||Yes|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per NTA Salary Scale Policy|
|Contract Type:||Permanent||Years of Experience:||5 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||1 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
• Establish short and long-term management, organizational and financial plans that aim to successfully achieve the department’s goals and objectives
• Leading the Planning & execution of new business strategies
• Develop/review/update business related policies and procedures
• Inspire and inform the stakeholders in terms of marketing strategies and opportunities for growth and innovation
• Developing a broad range of services in line with business vision
• Collect stakeholders (Banks, MNOs, third party service providers, Central Bank and Government agencies) feedback and competitor analysis to develop strategies which result in increasing APS revenue
• Drafting, developing and evaluating of the strategic plans and policies for a better implementation and control.
• Researching the market and establishing short, mid and long - term objectives to enrich the strategic policies of APS.
• Maintains and develops excellent relationships with external constituencies, including working with major donor agencies operating in the space of financial inclusion, digitization of payments etc.
• Planning, leading and coordinating for the implementation of the strategies and policies.
• Managing and coordinating all marketing, advertising and promotional activities.
• Conducting market research to determine market requirements for existing and future products
• Developing and implementing marketing plans for new and existing products
• Managing the productivity of the marketing plans and projects
• Monitoring, reviewing and reporting on all marketing activities and results
• Determining and managing the marketing budget
• Carry out any other tasks as assigned by the MD
• Must be a self-starter capable of working in a fast paced multi-discipline team environment with the ability to manage competing priorities to achieve team goals.
• Proven management skills to include effective planning, organizing, directing and controlling with strong decision making capabilities. Excellent analytical skills. Strong negotiation and conflict resolution skills to lead a team to consensus.
• Independent facilitator with proven organizational ability and skill for handling multiple tasks simultaneously
• Ability to translate the vision of the department into a strategic plan and execute the plan with excellence
• Excellent leadership skills and presentational ability, Motivating colleagues, and inspiring potential clients
• Strong understanding of existing and emerging technologies related to Card/Mobile & Payments industry
• Creative thinker focused on best solutions for clients at all times
• Collaborative and adoptive to work with all disciplines within the agency
• Experienced in marketing strategy
• Ability to create and implement the strategies successfully
• Strong interpersonal & Leadership skills
• Excellent oral and written English. Proficiency in English, Pashto & Dari is a must.
• Ability to interact with staff at all levels from office workers to senior executives. Knowledge base to successfully diagnosis issues that cover multiple areas of interaction.
Masters degree in Business Administration or relevant field.
Five years of effective professional experience preferably in the management role
Experience of working in the Payments industry in business related function is highly desirable.
Afghanistan - Kabul
Masters Degree, Banking
Interested candidates should send their updated CV/Resume electronically no later than September 18th, 2017.
Mention the job title and vacancy number (APS-046 Head of Strategy and Business Development) in the subject line otherwise your application will not be acceptable.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for test/interview.
|More jobs in this category|
|Loan Recovery Officer at Bank-e-Millie Afghan||Kabul||29 Jul 2018|
|Assistant Manager Compliance at Habib Bank Ltd||Kabul||31 Jul 2018|
|Cheif Risk Officer at Arian Bank||Kabul||21 Aug 2018|
|Deputy Chief Credit Officer (CCO) at Arian Bank||Kabul||21 Aug 2018|
|IP Camera CCTV Assistant(مامور کمره.. at Pashtany Bank||Kabul||31 Jul 2018|
|Teller for (Nimruz Branch) at Bank-e-Millie Afghan||Nimruz||27 Jul 2018|
|Teller for (Islamic Banking Window) at Bank-e-Millie Afghan||Kabul||28 Jul 2018|
|(عضو حفظیه (نمایندگی ننگر.. at Pashtany Bank||Nangarhar||25 Jul 2018|
|مسؤل آمریت بررسی داخلی(Int.. at Pashtany Bank||Kabul||30 Jul 2018|
|Customer Service Officer at Mutahid Development Finance Institution||Balkh||25 Jul 2018|
|صراف Teller (Main Branch) at Pashtany Bank||Kabul||21 Aug 2018|
|Network Security Officer at FMFB||Kabul||28 Jul 2018|
|Teller/صراف (Macroryan Branch) at Pashtany Bank||Kabul||28 Jul 2018|
|Deputy Branch Manager at FMFB||Kabul||26 Jul 2018|
|Compliance Officer at FMFB||Kabul||22 Jul 2018|
|Health and Safety Coordinator at FMFB||Kabul||22 Jul 2018|
|Credit Risk Analyst at FMFB||Kabul||22 Jul 2018|
|Treasury Officer at Habib Bank Ltd||Kabul||31 Jul 2018|
|BoS (Board of Supervisors) at Ghazanfar Bank||Kabul||27 Jul 2018|
|Senior IS Audit Officer at FINCA Afghanistan||Kabul||31 Dec 2018|