Health and Safety Officer for MoMP/NPPSM(713 Views)
About Ministry of Mines and Petroleum (MoMP)
Ministry of Mines and Petroleum is an enabler of the sector’s development and steward of all mineral and hydrocarbon resources through the implementation of international best practice, policies, regulations and procedures to encourage environmentally and socially acceptable private investment.
It is the responsibility of the Ministry of Mines and Petroleum to ensure progress in research, exploration, development, and exploitation of both minerals and hydrocarbons. The Ministry of Mines and Petroleum approach is to create the highest level of ministerial competence, promote clear and transparent investment opportunities through modern laws, regulation and policies; and develop a progressive and inviting fiscal regime.
Under the Direct Supervision of Quality Control and Technical Manager, Health and Safety Officer is responsible for the functions related to Act as the competent person for health and safety as defined by the Management of Health and Safety at Work Regulations 1999.
Ensure the Project complies with current health and safety legislation approved codes of practice and guidance in relation to employment and service provision. Work proactively with managers to establish and maintain a system that promotes a culture of safe working practices across the project Create solutions to environmental problem.
|Date Posted:||10 Sep 2017||Reference:||MoMP/Health & Safety Officer (NPPSM)|
|Closing Date:||21 Sep 2017||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Security/Safety||Open Ended:||Yes|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per NTA Salary Scale Policy|
|Contract Type:||Short Term||Years of Experience:||4 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||0 Year(s) & 3 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Act as the competent person for health and safety as defined by the Management of Health and Safety at Work Regulations 1999.
2. Ensure the Project complies with current health and safety legislation approved codes of practice and guidance in relation to employment and service provision.
3. Work proactively with managers to establish and maintain a system that promotes a culture of safe working practices across the project Create solutions to environmental problem.
4. Conduct hazardous waste management studies.
5. Evaluate significance of hazards and determine proper disposal and management methods.
6. Develop regulations to prevent catastrophes.
7. Perform on the environmental impact of project.
8. Perform safety control checks and correct malfunctioning equipment.
9. Create regulations to protect wildlife.
10. Help client comply with regulations.
11. Prevent environmental damage.
12. Participate in the cleanup of hazardous sites.
13. Ensure the company’s Health and Safety Policy is implemented consistently across the project.
14. Assist in the identification of training needs for employees and develop and deliver training as required.
15. Advise the project team on the implications of current and emerging health, safety and welfare legislation, including evaluating options, making recommendations and generating actions plans to ensure compliance across the organization.
16. Support managers to maintain safe systems, providing specialist advice, coaching and practical support.
17. Assist managers implement health and safety systems and procedures to meet specific requirements, such as accident reporting and the Control of Substances Hazardous to Health (COSHH) in a consistent and effective manner.
18. Ensure the project and Contractor comply with the Construction (Design and Management) Regulations 2007.
19. Carry out audits to evaluate the effectiveness of Health and Safety systems and procedures, and identify and implement improvements.
Travels to Provinces
Require Travels to Provinces
Fluency in Pashto & Dari and English
Detail-oriented, honest and responsible
Excellent communication skills
Computer skills and experience in spreadsheets and database systems desired
Ability to learn quickly, strong self-training readiness
• Bachelor degree-level education in Chemical Technology, Geology and other related field, is required.
• At least 4 years of progressively responsible experience in the related fields.
• Fluency in written and spoken Dari, Pashto and English is required.
• Thorough knowledge of Afghan political, media, economic, social, educational, and cultural structures and institutions is essential.
• Ability to develop and maintain contacts at all levels, up to and including the ministerial level, in cultural, government, media, and educational institutions.
Afghanistan - Balkh
Bachelors Degree, Security/Safety
• Expressions of interest (including CV and three references in word file, Educational and Work experiences documents) should be sent to the email address below by no later than 21/Sep/ 2017 at 16:00 hrs. Reference MOMP/PSU Health and Safety Officer must be quoted on all correspondence and the Expression of interest.
Ministry of Mines and Petroleum, Project Support Unit (PSU)
Attention: Mr. Abdul Basheer “Hassam” (Projects HR Coordinator)
Development Projects HR Unit, Second floor, Laboratory Building, Afghanistan Geological Survey (AGS), at Abdul Haq Square.
Cell phone: +93 (0) 795 62 63 20
only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
|More jobs in this category|
|Stock Keeper at Ministry of Public Health||Kabul||27 Nov 2017|
|مسول کمره امنیتی at DABS||Kabul||23 Nov 2017|
|گارد امنیتی at DABS||Kabul||26 Nov 2017|