Deputy Chief of Party (DCOP)(1336 Views)
About Internews – Afghanistan
Internews Network is an international media development organization whose mission is to empower local media worldwide to give people the news and information they need, the ability to connect, and the means to make their voices heard. Internews has worked in Afghanistan since 2002 to further the development of independent media and access to the information
Internews Network is seeking a Deputy Chief of Party candidate for a media support initiative in Afghanistan which has the goal of further strengthening the media sector particularly through training women journalist. The DCOP will report to the Country Director/COP and will provide management leadership on all aspects of program implementation for the program. S/he will lead teams in Internews to ensure good coordination and communications for the efficient and effective implementation of the program. S/he will be expected to represent Internews at meetings with, USAID, government ministries and local partners.
|Date Posted:||11 Sep 2017||Reference:||IN - 258|
|Closing Date:||25 Sep 2017||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Programme||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per NTA Salary Scale Policy|
|Contract Type:||Long-term||Years of Experience:||10 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||1 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
• Support the Country Director/COP in the design and implementation of annual work plans and ensure the implementation of those plans working with program teams in Internews and with other key stakeholders.
• Oversee project monitoring to ensure that targets are being met and monitoring requirements are met an ensure that lessons from monitoring and evaluation are incorporated into program design.
• Lead on grant making decision processes to local NGOs and media organizations.
• Develop working relationships with media/information organizations and stay informed and abreast of key issues and challenges facing the media/information sector in Afghanistan.
• Ensure project implementation is in compliance with Internews’ policies and procedures and USAID rules and regulations.
• Provide management leadership to the program implementation teams ensuring strong communication and cooperation between staff.
• Ensure that gender issues are incorporated into program design, implementation and
• Support the production of high quality project reporting and communications for the donor and for Internews’ communication strategy.
• Support the Country Director/COP in revising budgets and projections in line with program work plans.
• Represent and coordinate with key stakeholders including USAID, Government, NGOs, and media organizations.
• Provide mentoring and professional development support to project staff.
• Other duties and responsibilities as assigned by the Country Director/COP.
• Ten years of relevant experience in managing development programs. Must include senior management experience in USAID funded programs Experience in media development an advantage
• University degree in relevant discipline from an accredited university, or equivalent experience.
• Demonstrated success in developing and implementing complex development programs
• English language fluency (orally and written) required.
• Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills
• Proven representation skills with donors and government officials.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills and strong critical thinking skills
• Proven ability to collaborate and coordinate activities with multiple stakeholders
• Knowledge of USAID rules and regulations.
• Commitment to and demonstrated experience in gender integration in program design and implementation.
Afghanistan - Kabul
Masters Degree, Programme
Interested candidates meeting the qualifications should forward a cover letter and resume to the following email
Please make sure to put the vacancy # in the subject line in the subject line.
Please name your attached documents in the following format: “LastName_cv” and “LastName_cover”.
Qualified female candidates are strongly encourage to apply.
|More jobs in this category|
|Program Officer for MoMP/ Donor Coordination .. at Ministry of Mines and ..||Kabul||04 Aug 2018|
|Public Outreach and Advocacy Capacity Buildin.. at Checchi and Company Co..||Kabul||30 Jul 2018|
|Public Outreach and Advocacy CSO Support Team.. at Checchi and Company Co..||Kabul||03 Aug 2018|
|Programme Policy Officer (SO3 Manager - Behav.. at United Nations World F..||Kabul||31 Jul 2018|
|APPS SME at MOIA||Kabul||30 Jul 2018|
|Project Management Specialist (Democracy and .. at USAID/Afghanistan||Kabul||29 Jul 2018|
|Project Management Assistant (Multiple Vacan.. at USAID/Afghanistan||Kabul||29 Jul 2018|
|Project Support Specialist at MISFA Ltd.||Kabul||24 Jul 2018|
|Program Assistant for MoMP/Chief of Staff at Ministry of Mines and Petrol..||Kabul||23 Jul 2018|
|Project Officer at The Asia Foundation||Kabul||28 Jul 2018|