Senior Procurement Specialist(1182 Views)
About Ministry of Public Works (MoPW)
Governmental officeThe Ministry of Public Works (MPW) is responsible for the planning, monitoring, maintenance and development of the various transport infrastructure projects such as Roads, Bridges, Culverts, Railway and Airport in the government of the Islamic Republic of Afghanistan. Therefore to enhance the capacity to strengthen its ability to deliver effective, efficient and transparent services in MPW the Human Resource Directorate wishes to recruit the following staff on contract basis from development Budget for the Ministry of Public works.
The incumbent for Senior Procurement Specialist is to provide advisory and practical assistance in advisory, managerial, development and implementation functions activities in specialized area.
|Date Posted:||11 Sep 2017||Reference:||MPW / RCBIP / 96-030|
|Closing Date:||24 Sep 2017||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Procurement||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per NTA Salary Scale Policy|
|Contract Type:||Contractor||Years of Experience:||7 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||0 Year(s) & 4 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
Duties and Responsibilities
• Collaborate with technical resource staff to develop specifications, requirements and guidelines
• Develop detailed Project Contract status reports and oversee the pay request process
• Review and make appropriate recommendations regarding all construction change order requests.
• Evaluate contracts for potential performance risk. Develop bid terms and conditions
• Evaluate or coordinate the evaluation of contractor performance or quality of services
• Prepare paid and unpaid invoice status reports.
• Prepare past performance reports for applicable contracts using the Contractor Performance Report database and tracks the status of reports.
• Provide information and assistance to program staff on a variety of procurement matters
• Analysis of construction requirements for cost-saving and reduction strategies.
• Planning and implementing a sound and sustainable procurement process, including sourcing Strategy, supplier selection and evaluation, quality management and performance measurement
• Timely and duly prepared procurement plans for the office and monitoring of their implementation.
• Prepare Statement of Works, Terms of Reference, solicitation documents, Contracts, and other documents required for project implementation in cooperation with Project Development Unit.
• Assist in international bidding processes; under the direction of Procurement Director, manage the pre-qualification and short-listing of bidders, preparations of bids, issuance of bids, pre-bid conference, receipt and opening of bids, bid evaluation, recommendation of award, contracts negotiations, contract finalization and issuance.
• Develop and implement systems for internal control that would ensure compliance with contractual terms and conditions, in collaboration with the operations team.
• Make recommendations for payments upon review of reports and comments from the Operations.
• Monitor and analyze contract performance against agreed benchmarks and through agreed reporting mechanism. Advise Project Manager on any potential issues and recommend remedial actions or solutions.
• Negotiate, within the terms and conditions of the contract, solutions to conflicts/problems arising in case of poor performance or non-compliance with contractual obligations.
• Develop appropriate contract management tools, guidelines and manuals for standardization and knowledge sharing purposes.
• Ensure key meetings and work procedures are properly documented and institutionalized.
• Any other task may assigned, based on requirement.
Travels to Provinces
Require Travels to Provinces
• Excellent Computer skills in operating MS Windows and MS Office programs.
• Proficiency in English, Dari and Pashto (Reading, Writing and Speaking)
• Self-discipline, integrity and ability to work under pressure to meet tight deadlines.
• Be familiar with Afghan Taxation Law
• Be familiar with NPA system
• Be familiar with Afghan Procurement law and guidelines
• Strong process management experience
• Advanced university degree in Civil Engineering or other relevant technical area.
• Minimum 7 years of professional experience at national and international levels in the relevant field of civil engineering, especially in preparation of construction technical documentation;
• Experience in working in complex environments and large infrastructure and/or civil works, particularly in the field of construction technical project documentation development as well as construction supervision;
• Experience in (legal aspects of positioning, procurement, law and knowledge of construction contracts, construction information technologies, and follow-up).
• Experience in managing and supervising medium to large-scale construction works in the public sector.
• Knowledge of procurement, tendering and contracting processes and requirements;
• Excellent and proven experience in dealing with contractors and local partners;
• Working experience in the area of preparation, implementation and monitoring of technical/ (re)construction projects; methodological and calculation skills;
• Experience in technical design of high-rise structure is an asset;
• Knowledge of the Government rules, procedures and regulations would be an asset.
• Working experience in national or international development organization is an asset.
• Motivation/Self Reliance
• Team Work Ability
• Verified copy of University degrees
• Copy of Afghan ID (Tazkera)
• Copy of last posting contract’s
Advanced university degree in Civil Engineering or other relevant technical area.
Afghanistan - Kabul: PROVINCIAL CENTER (KABUL)
Bachelors Degree, Engineering
Interested candidates are requested to forward their applications and detailed CV to (Mentioned E-mails) , kindly indicate the vacancy number (MPW/ RCBIP/96-030) and the post title (Senior Procurement Specialist) in the subject line when applying by email. To the Human Resource Unit - Reform and Capacity Building Implementation Directorate of Ministry of Public Works first Macroryan Kabul Afghanistan.
Only short-listed candidates will be notified
"Women are highly encouraged to apply"
firstname.lastname@example.org --CC-- email@example.com
|More jobs in this category|
|Procurement Specialist at Tetra Tech||Kandahar||26 Jul 2018|
|Procurement Assistant at DACAAR||Kabul||24 Jul 2018|
|Procurement Analyst at Youth in Action Consulting Company||Multi Cities||29 Nov 2018|
|Female Procurement Analyst at Youth in Action Consulting Company||Multi Cities||29 Nov 2018|