Senior Geology Advisor to MoMP Minister(599 Views)
About Ministry of Mines and Petroleum (MoMP)
Ministry of Mines and Petroleum is an enabler of the sector’s development and steward of all mineral and hydrocarbon resources through the implementation of international best practice, policies, regulations and procedures to encourage environmentally and socially acceptable private investment.
It is the responsibility of the Ministry of Mines and Petroleum to ensure progress in research, exploration, development, and exploitation of both minerals and hydrocarbons. The Ministry of Mines and Petroleum approach is to create the highest level of ministerial competence, promote clear and transparent investment opportunities through modern laws, regulation and policies; and develop a progressive and inviting fiscal regime.
The Ministry of Mines and Petroleum is seeking a Senior Geology Adviser to work in the Office of the Minister and Survey and Geology General Directorate. The Senior Geology Adviser will be responsible to the Minister of Mines and Petroleum and will work closely with other advisers and colleagues in the Ministry on a range of programmes and activities to address the challenges and opportunities for the sustainable development and governance of Afghanistan’s survey and geological information system in line with international best practice.
|Date Posted:||11 Sep 2017||Reference:||MoMP/PMU/Senior Geology Advisor.|
|Closing Date:||22 Sep 2017||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Technical||Open Ended:||Yes|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per NTA Salary Scale Policy|
|Contract Type:||Short Term||Years of Experience:||10 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||0 Year(s) & 3 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Develop an action plan based on geological information to streamline the geological activities extractive industry
2. Provide advice and support in all matters related to geology, mineral exploration and mining
3. Undertake drafting and revision of technical documentation relating to the extractive sector and geological information management
4. Undertake research relating to the economic development of the extractive sector focusing on geological information system.
5. Undertake collaborative work with other advisers and Ministry colleagues on a variety of projects including geological information management
6. Provide specialist support to Senior Management attending conferences and meetings related to geological information management
7. Undertake capacity building of Ministry staff, as required
8. Performing any other tasks assigned by the minister on the basis of laws, regulations and objectives of organization.
• Ability to review and contribute to policy and strategy development and other technical documentation of geological information
• Project planning and technical survey and research skill on geology and geological survey
• Experience on geological information management governance
• Advanced writing and editing skills in English
• Process, analysis, interpretation of geological data
• Ability to participate in discussion and operate as part of a multinational team
• Master’s degree in geology or other relevant subject
• Work experience in Afghanistan
• At least 7 years’ experience in mineral exploration and/or mining
• Experience of extractive sector governance in the public sector
• Experience of working with private sector clients in the extractive sector and familiarity with their operations and concerns
Afghanistan - Kabul
Masters Degree, Mining
Expressions of interest (including CV and three references in word file) should be sent to the email address below by no later than 22 /Sep / 2017 at 16:00 hrs. Reference MOMP/PMU/Senior Geology Advisor must be quoted on all correspondence and the Expression of interest.
Ministry of Mines and Petroleum, Project Support Unit (PSU)
Attention: Mr. Abdul Basheer “Hassam” (Projects HR Coordinator)
Development Projects HR Unit, Second floor, Laboratory Building, Afghanistan Geological Survey (AGS), at Abdul Haq Square.
Cell phone: +93 (0) 795 62 63 20
only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
|More jobs in this category|
|Technical Officer (Teaching Learning) at HEDP / MoHE||Kabul||04 Mar 2018|
|Social Safeguards Specialist at HEDP / MoHE||Kabul||03 Mar 2018|
|Environmental Safeguard Officer at HEDP / MoHE||Kabul||03 Mar 2018|
|IT-Software at Cyberaan||Kabul||26 Feb 2018|
|Freelance Writer at Afghanistan Holding Group||Kabul||23 Feb 2018|