Finance Assistant for MoMP/PSU(1064 Views)
About Ministry of Mines and Petroleum (MoMP)
Ministry of Mines and Petroleum is an enabler of the sector’s development and steward of all mineral and hydrocarbon resources through the implementation of international best practice, policies, regulations and procedures to encourage environmentally and socially acceptable private investment.
It is the responsibility of the Ministry of Mines and Petroleum to ensure progress in research, exploration, development, and exploitation of both minerals and hydrocarbons. The Ministry of Mines and Petroleum approach is to create the highest level of ministerial competence, promote clear and transparent investment opportunities through modern laws, regulation and policies; and develop a progressive and inviting fiscal regime.
Under the Direct Supervision of Projects Finance Coordinator, Finance Assistant is responsible for the functions related to the financial operations of the Project, Including help to preparing all financial documents of project during the week, preparing of voucher for administration expenditure for PSU Project, process and solving the problems of staff salaries in New Kabul Bank and preparing monthly expenses report and to submit to PSU Projects Finance Coordinator.
|Date Posted:||11 Sep 2017||Reference:||MoMP/PSU Finance Assistant|
|Closing Date:||22 Sep 2017||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Account/Finance||Open Ended:||Yes|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per NTA Salary Scale Policy|
|Contract Type:||Short Term||Years of Experience:||4 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||0 Year(s) & 3 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Develop an action plan based on the job description.
2. Assist the Financial Management team in estimation of annual budget and budgeting for PSU.
3. Assists PSU finance officer in preparing monthly payroll, allotments, and other financial documents.
4. Copy, scan and filing of the financial documents and maintains a proper filing system.
5. Assists PSU Project finance team in collecting monthly attendance reports from the HR Dep. Of the project
6. Assist finance team of PSU Project in preparing, processing and follow up of payment orders such as M16, B27, PCS forms through PSU and carry those to Treasury Department of MoF (SDU) process payment.
7. Ensure the maintenance of appropriate filing system such as approved allotments (B27), payment orders (M16), and other financial documents for related financial information and audit trail.
9. Assists PSU Finance Coordinator in preparing the monthly financial report based on the accounting application, with all necessary justifying documentation.
10. Assist finance officer in processing bank transfers for purchase orders of goods and services, following them through Da Afghanistan Bank.
11. Follow up and supervision of immediate subordinates, and instruction providence within their assignments.
12. Deal and response to internal and external auditors.
13. Perform any other department relevant duties assigned by department seniors.
14. Any other task assigned by the senior management according to laws and regulation.
The incumbent must demonstrate the following skills:
- Ability to prepare various operational plan of the organization or project.
- Having specific skills in the related field.
- accounting and bookkeeping skills
- operational and problem solving skills
- effective verbal and listening communications skills
- effective written communications skills
- Ability to communicate effectively in English
- Computer Skills including the ability to operate computerized accounting, --spreadsheet and word processing programs at a highly proficient level
• Prospective Finance Assistant should have at least Baccalaureate Bachelor is in (Finance and Accounting) is preferred.
• At least 2-4 years of Past work experience with the donors or donor funded projects in the context of Government Line Ministries.
• Understanding and knowledge of donor funded projects and governmental such as Developmental Projects.
Afghanistan - Kabul
High School, Account/Finance
Expressions of interest (including CV and three references in word file) should be sent to the email address below by no later than 22/Sep/ 2017 at 16:00 hrs. Reference MOMP/PSU/Finance Assistant must be quoted on all correspondence and the Expression of interest.
Ministry of Mines and Petroleum, Project Support Unit (PSU)
Attention: Mr. Abdul Basheer “Hassam” (Projects HR Coordinator)
Development Projects HR Unit, Second floor, Laboratory Building, Afghanistan Geological Survey (AGS), at Abdul Haq Square.
Cell phone: +93 (0) 795 62 63 20
only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
|More jobs in this category|
|Finance officer at Ministry of Public Health||Kabul||24 Jan 2018|
|عضو مدیریت خزائین at DABS/KBD||Kabul||31 Jan 2018|
|مدیریت خزاین at DABS||Herat||24 Jan 2018|
|Data Entry Clerk at Kabul Municipality||Kabul||21 Jan 2018|
|Tax & Customs Officer at Aeroparcel, Inc.||Kabul||24 Jan 2018|
|Tax Specialist at Emerging Consulting LLC||Kabul||20 Mar 2018|
|Senior Admin and Finance Officer at Afghanistan Microfinance Association ..||Kabul||20 Jan 2018|
|Budget Officer at DABS||Kabul||19 Jan 2018|
|Exams Finance Officer at British Council Afghanistan||Kabul||23 Jan 2018|
|Finance Manager/Officer at trust construction company||Multi Cities||25 Jan 2018|
|Finance SME at MOIA||Multi Cities||20 Jan 2018|
|Finance Officer at DABS||Kabul||21 Jan 2018|
|Financial Management Specialist at Ghani Consultancy Services||Kabul||21 Jan 2018|
|Tax Specialist and Accountant at Kakar Advocates LLC||Kabul||26 Jan 2018|
|Sr. Finance Manager at Afghanistan Cricket Board||Kabul||21 Jan 2018|
|Finance Analyst at Youth in Action Consulting Company||Multi Cities||15 Apr 2018|
|Female Finance Analyst at Youth in Action Consulting Company||Multi Cities||15 Aug 2018|