About Tetra Tech
USAID's Engineering Support Program (ESP) will ensure the integrity of USAID-Supported infrastructure projects in Afghanistan. While progress has been made in the infrastructure sector, Afghanistan's Infrastructure has not fully recovered from the devastation caused by the years of war. The task of securing gains made over the last fourteen still requires support from the donor community. ESP continues support of USAID's Engineering, Quality Assurance and Logistical Support and Architectural and Engineering Support Program (AESP) by providing the mission with the engineering.
The cleaner performs the tasks that are needed in any workplace, regardless the nature of its work. Assesses the cleanliness and hygiene situation of the establishment and detects current and potential problems. Performs common household tasks to maintain a clean workplace. The cleaner’s task affects the quality of work of everyone in the institution. Everyone likes to work in an environment that is clean, safe and healthy.
|Date Posted:||11 Sep 2017||Reference:||2017-98|
|Closing Date:||20 Sep 2017||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Administrative||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per company salary scale|
|Contract Type:||Contractor||Years of Experience:||2 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||0 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
• Assess the cleanliness and hygiene situation of the establishment and detect current and potential problems.
• Perform common household tasks to maintain a clean workplace. This may come in the form of sweeping floors, cleaning walls and windows and throwing the trash.
• Clean building floors by sweeping, mopping, scrubbing or vacuuming them.
• Gather and empty trash.
• Service, clean, and supply restrooms as required.
• Follow procedures for the use of chemical cleaners and power equipment, in order to prevent damage to floors and fixtures.
• Notify managers concerning the need for major repairs or additions to building operating systems.
• Remove snow from sidewalks, driveways, and parking areas, using snowplows, snow blowers, and snow shovels during winter.
• Assist their line manager in requisition supplies and equipment needed for cleaning.
• Set up, arrange, and remove decorations, tables, chairs, ladders, and scaffolding to prepare facilities for events such as banquet and meetings.
• Clean and polish furniture and fixtures.
• Clean windows, glass partitions, and mirrors, using soapy water or other cleaners, sponges.
• Wash the entire toilet from the bathroom in a plan/ whenever needed and make sure that toilet paper soap and towel etc. are available in the bathrooms.
• Clean and restore building interiors damaged by fire, smoke, or water, using commercial cleaning equipment.
• Should be secondary school graduate (high school graduate preferred.)
• Minimum two years of work experience as a cleaner.
• Adequate knowledge of English.
Afghanistan - Kabul
Interested Afghan National candidates should submit their applications via e-mail, indicating on the SUBJECT line the title and vacancy number of the position applied (Cleaner-2017-98) to the below address.Please note that applications received after the closing date will not be given consideration.Only short-listed candidates whose applications respond to the above criteria will be contacted for an interview.
|More jobs in this category|
|Administrative Assistant at IDLO||Multi Cities||07 Dec 2017|
|Admin Officer at Afghanistan Chamber of Industries and Mines||Kabul||30 Nov 2017|
|OFC Senior Expert at Ministry of communication and IT||Kabul||30 Nov 2017|
|M&E Officer at Asia Higher Education Institute||Herat||25 Nov 2017|
|Administration Assistant at Criminal Justice Task Force (CJTF)||Kabul||30 Nov 2017|
|English Learning Centre Manager at British Council Afghanistan||Balkh||04 Dec 2017|
|Admin Associate at Ministry of Public Health||Kabul||29 Nov 2017|
|متخصص اداری ثبت معلومات at ACD||Kabul||28 Nov 2017|
|Public Administration Advisor to MoMP Ministe.. at Ministry of Mines and ..||Kabul||27 Nov 2017|
|Senior Administration Officer at IFRC||Kabul||30 Nov 2017|
|Project Officer – English for Afghans Proje.. at British Council Afghan..||Kabul||26 Nov 2017|