Laundry Helper(602 Views)
About Tetra Tech
USAID's Engineering Support Program (ESP) will ensure the integrity of USAID-Supported infrastructure projects in Afghanistan. While progress has been made in the infrastructure sector, Afghanistan's Infrastructure has not fully recovered from the devastation caused by the years of war. The task of securing gains made over the last fourteen still requires support from the donor community. ESP continues support of USAID's Engineering, Quality Assurance and Logistical Support and Architectural and Engineering Support Program (AESP) by providing the mission with the engineering.
The Laundry Helper is responsible for the daily washing, drying and ironing of all expat clothing and local national employee uniforms, linens and kitchen linens.
|Date Posted:||11 Sep 2017||Reference:||2017-99|
|Closing Date:||20 Sep 2017||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Administrative||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per company salary scale|
|Contract Type:||Contractor||Years of Experience:||3 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||0 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
• Washing, drying and ironing of staff clothing and local staff uniforms
• Ensures removal of personal property from clothing before washing and returns to the appropriate person. (keys, money, receipts & other materials not due for washing.)
• Performs post-wash care of clothing, such as drying delicate clothing, folding, sewing buttons and the like.
• Ensures distribution of laundry to the appropriate staff.
• Regular washing of kitchen rags, dining table cloth, house curtains.
• Performs manufacturer’s recommended handling or use of washing machines.
• Maintains cleanliness in the laundry room and surrounding premises.
• May be called to assist in cleaning of the residence.
• Ability to hand wash and operate washing machines.
• Able to identify different kind of clothing material and apply appropriate washing.
• Ability to understand functional English.
• At least 1-3 years in laundry work experience.
• Must be honest, well mannered, neat in appearance and healthy.
Afghanistan - Kabul
Interested Afghan National candidates should submit their applications via e-mail, indicating on the SUBJECT line the title and vacancy number of the position applied (Laundry Helper-2017-99) to the below address.Please note that applications received after the closing date will not be given consideration.Only short-listed candidates whose applications respond to the above criteria will be contacted for an interview.
|More jobs in this category|
|Admin Associate at Ministry of Public Health||Kabul||29 Nov 2017|
|متخصص اداری ثبت معلومات at ACD||Kabul||28 Nov 2017|
|Public Administration Advisor to MoMP Ministe.. at Ministry of Mines and ..||Kabul||27 Nov 2017|
|Senior Administration Officer at IFRC||Kabul||30 Nov 2017|
|Project Officer – English for Afghans Proje.. at British Council Afghan..||Kabul||26 Nov 2017|