Senior Scholarship Specialist(373 Views)
About Tetra Tech -Women's Leadership Development
The PROMOTE program is USAID’s largest ever investment in women’s empowerment. The Women’s Leadership Development (WLD) project is a PROMOTE component that provides capacity building, coaching, and mentoring to two groups of Afghan women:
1) The Primary Target Group includes women between the ages of 18–30 who possess at least a high school diploma, though many will also have undertaken some college, university, or technical vocational and educational training (TVET) study or possess a university degree.
2) The Secondary Target Group includes Afghan women between the ages of 15-24 who have completed primary school and perhaps some secondary schooling or TVET but who have not graduated from high school.
WLD will provide opportunities for the Primary Target Group to develop advanced management and leadership skills that will enable entry and advancement into decision-making positions in mainstream social, political, and economic sectors at national or sub-national levels in Afghanistan. The Secondary Target Group will be provided with opportunities to acquire a high level of life and work skills through continued education and activities designed to promote social and economic development.
Participants in each group come from diverse sectors of society and possess the aptitude, aspiration, and ambition to serve as leaders in their communities and country. Over a five-year period, more than 25,000 women will participate in WLD. As they assume leadership and decision-making positions, they are expected to enact new policies that will provide services and opportunities to benefit many more girls and women throughout the country.
Working under the overall direction of the Intermediary Services (Scholarships Manager) his/her designee assist in overall design and implementation of support services and scholarship.
|Date Posted:||11 Sep 2017||Reference:||WLD-088|
|Closing Date:||25 Sep 2017||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Education||Open Ended:||Yes|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per NTA Salary Scale Policy|
|Contract Type:||Consultant||Years of Experience:||5 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||0 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
This will be achieved through the direct performance of tasks and/or supervision of designated staff assigned tasks including, but not limited to, the following:
1. Contribute to the design, development, implementation, and monitoring of support services for eligible beneficiaries of the Promote project under Women’s Leadership Development (WLD) program.
2. Assist in developing criteria to identify participants requiring financial assistance to complete high school, monitoring and tracking those awards and beneficiaries, and preparing progress reports on their participation using qualitative and quantitative information.
3. Develop a validation process for the participants that receive scholarship under the program.
4. Track the success of participants/beneficiaries of the program as package of success story;
5. Track weakness of the participants /beneficiaries and recommend a way for improvement.
6. Assist in identifying opportunities to enhance and enrich project curriculum, such as educational and training opportunities through the Ministry of Education’s extensive and growing network of technical and vocational education and training (TVET) institutes (including the Afghanistan National Institute of Music, the National Institute of Management and Administration, and the Afghanistan Technical Vocational Institute).
7. Assist in identifying other opportunities to supplement and reinforce WLD project learning, including cultural and sports organizations, future leader’s clubs, youth groups, literary/poetry/art groups, theatre clubs, scouts, etc., as well as mentorships, observation and study tours, and other training opportunities in each target area (initially Kabul, Herat, Mazar-i-Sharif, Jalalabad, and Kandahar).
8. Assist in producing manuals and other materials describing the mechanisms for support services, including participation application forms, eligibility criteria, and selection methodologies.
9. Any other responsibilities assigned by her supervisor.
Travels to Provinces
Require Travels to Provinces
• Experience with USG project implementation and USG rules and regulations, especially USAID.
• Demonstrated experience with gender mainstreaming and integration in Afghan context.
• Strong computer skills. Proficient in Microsoft Office package, especially Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Word.
• Language proficiency in spoken and written Dari, Pashto, and English.
• Ability to work in a multi-cultural, multi-ethnic environment with sensitivity and respect for diversity and gender.
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills, ability to work with all levels and functions within the company.
• Experience in dealing with gender issues affecting project implementation.
• Bachelor’s degree (or foreign equivalent) in education, sociology, political science, women’s studies, gender studies, or related field. Advanced degree preferred.
• Minimum of 5 years of experience working in a similar position. Experience with an NGO or an international organization is preferred.
Afghanistan - Kabul
Bachelors Degree, Education
Subject line must be:(Senior Scholarship Specialist- WLD 088)
|More jobs in this category|
|Re-announced English Language Teacher at SDROA||Kabul||07 Oct 2017|
|Dari & English Language Teacher at Joint Monitoring and Evaluation Commit..||Kabul||29 Sep 2017|
|Construction Instructor at ATVI||Kabul||25 Sep 2017|
|Automotive Instructor at ATVI||Kabul||22 Sep 2017|
|Manager/Admin officer at Ama-E-Shamal Institute of spoken English||Kabul||18 Oct 2017|
|Art Instructor- Implementing Jawana Curriculu.. at Mashal University||Kabul||28 Sep 2017|
|Re-announced English Language Teacher at SDROA||Kunar||04 Oct 2017|
|Lecturer for Mathematics and Physics at Jahan University||Kabul||10 Oct 2017|
|Dean of Management Sciences (BBA) Faculty at Jahan University||Kabul||10 Oct 2017|
|TOEFL Academic/Business Writing Instructor at Yasna Development and Suppo..||Kandahar||29 Sep 2017|
|Call for Resume at Afghanistan Center for Excellence||Kabul||13 Nov 2017|
|Instructor - Biomedical Equipment Technology .. at Kabul University of Me..||Kabul||25 Sep 2017|
|National Project Officer, Capacity Developmen.. at UNESCO Kabul||Kabul||24 Sep 2017|
|Alumni Relations Specialist at Tetra Tech -Women's Leadership Development||Kabul||25 Sep 2017|
|English Language Instructor (native speaker) at Ama-E-Shamal Institute of..||Kabul||22 Sep 2017|
|English Lecturer at Jahan University||Kabul||30 Sep 2017|
|BBA Lecturer at Jahan University||Kabul||31 Oct 2017|
|WIE - Scholarship Microsoft Office Certificat.. at USAID Promote: Women i..||Kabul||01 Jan 2018|
|Adobe Creative Cloud Certification in digital.. at USAID Promote: Women i..||Kabul||01 Jan 2018|