Senior E-Government Advisor for MoMP(916 Views)
About Ministry of Mines and Petroleum (MoMP)
Ministry of Mines and Petroleum is an enabler of the sector’s development and steward of all mineral and hydrocarbon resources through the implementation of international best practice, policies, regulations and procedures to encourage environmentally and socially acceptable private investment.
It is the responsibility of the Ministry of Mines and Petroleum to ensure progress in research, exploration, development, and exploitation of both minerals and hydrocarbons. The Ministry of Mines and Petroleum approach is to create the highest level of ministerial competence, promote clear and transparent investment opportunities through modern laws, regulation and policies; and develop a progressive and inviting fiscal regime.
Under the Direct Supervision of IT Director, Senior E-Government Advisor is responsible for Effective strategic planning of E-government and E-governance for ministry according to the policy of government AND Advisory to Plans, directs and manages the daily operations E-Governance like management information systems (MIS) inside the ministry.
|Date Posted:||11 Sep 2017||Reference:||MoMP/PSU Senior E-Government Advisor|
|Closing Date:||24 Sep 2017||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||IT||Open Ended:||Yes|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per NTA Salary Scale Policy|
|Contract Type:||Short Term||Years of Experience:||10 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||0 Year(s) & 3 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Effective strategic planning of E-government and E-governance for ministry according to the policy of government
2. Effective strategic E-Governance planning and oversight of IT performance for MoMP.
3. Approve and monitor major projects, IT budgets, priorities, standards, procedures, and overall IT performance.
4. Edit sixth Five Year e-government Plan of ministry.
5. Coordinate priorities between the IT department and user departments and review the adequacy and allocation of IT resources in terms of funding, personnel, equipment, and service levels.
6. Advisory to Plans directs and manages the daily operations E-Governance like management information systems (MIS) inside the ministry.
7. Advisory to Plan, Design, Analyze and implementation of Datacenter for ministry of Mines and Afghanistan geological survey.
8. Responsible for operation of mainframe and peripheral information system equipment and for developing schedules for equipment usage.
9. Advisory to Disaster recovery planning for overall information technology resources (head office & provinces).
10. Develop specific components ofE-government services based on the ministry need.
11. Implements policies and procedures regarding how problems are identified, received, documented, distributed, and corrected.
12. Ability to gain an understanding of operational processes and needs as it relates to technology and communication equipment and work effectively with operational staff in the coordination of IT projects and identifying operational technology needs.
13. Evaluates new information systems products or services and suggests changes to existing IT equipment or services to better aide the end user.
14. Keeps computer equipment, hardware, and software updated to meet Ministry’s needs.
15. Maintains working relationships with vendors and third party providers, ensuring contracts are kept up to date and cost maintenance strategies are assessed and analyzed on a periodic basis.
• Ability to contribute to the design and architecture experience with agile development and programming methodologies.
• Demonstrated ability to explain complex technical issues to both technical and non-technical audiences.
• Capable of understanding and contributing to the technical solution from the design through code level.
• Strong skills in resolving defects/bugs during Quality Assurance testing, pre-production, production and post-release patches.
• Should be creative and self-motivated.
Education: Formal University Bachelor Degree in Computer Science or information technology-related field; profound knowledge in ICT for development, political economy, and governance.
- At least 5-10 years’ experience in ICT Top level positions for development related issues and e-Governance.
- Required Certifications in CCNA R&S, CCNA SEC , CCNP and ETC.
- Should be member of international ICT societies.
- Project formulation experience is a plus.
Government or local government institutions
- International experience with e-Governance and ICT for Development issues.
Language Requirements: Fluency in spoken and written English, Dari, Pashtu
Afghanistan - Kabul
Bachelors Degree, IT
Expressions of interest (including CV and three references in word file, Educational and Work experiences documents) should be sent to the email address below by no later than 24/Sep/ 2017 at 16:00 hrs. Reference MOMP/PSU/ Senior E-Government Advisor must be quoted on all correspondence and the Expression of interest.
Ministry of Mines and Petroleum, Project Support Unit (PSU)
Attention: Mr. Abdul Basheer “Hassam” (Projects HR Coordinator)
Development Projects HR Unit, Second floor, Laboratory Building, Afghanistan Geological Survey (AGS), at Abdul Haq Square.
Cell phone: +93 (0) 795 62 63 20
only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
|More jobs in this category|
|Senior Procurement Specialist at Ministry of communication and IT||Kabul||24 Jan 2018|
|کارمند دیتابیس منابع بشر.. at DABS||Kabul||22 Jan 2018|
|PBX تکنیشن at DABS||Kabul||24 Jan 2018|
|Senior System Administrator at Vision Financial Services||Kabul||22 Jan 2018|
|Logistic Technician/ICT at Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF)||Kunduz||20 Jan 2018|
|IT / Database Administrator at Voice of Women Organization||Badghis||20 Jan 2018|