Technical Specialist Application(661 Views)
About Afghanistan Payments Systems (APS)
Afghanistan Payments Systems LLC (APS) will help in developing the retail banking market in Afghanistan by providing innovative electronic and mobile payment services that enhance the retail banking offering in the country. APS will be directly responsible for oversight and collaborative activities in defining payment services, common procedures and standards, as well as representation on behalf of its members to the international card associations and networks.
The primary responsibility of this position will be maintenance, review, and analyze effectiveness and efficiency of existing applications & strategies for further improvement of the application and related infrastructure. This individual participates in technical research and development to enable continuing innovation within the infrastructure. This individual ensures that system applications and software, and related procedures adhere to organizational values, enabling staff, volunteers, and Partners. And he/she will work under the direct supervision of the Head of Technologies /CTO.
|Date Posted:||12 Sep 2017||Reference:||APS-048|
|Closing Date:||20 Sep 2017||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||IT||Open Ended:||Yes|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per NTA Salary Scale Policy|
|Contract Type:||Permanent||Years of Experience:||5 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||1 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
The Technical Specialist Application is responsible for effective provisioning, installation/configuration, operation, and maintenance of existing application, full application functionality and software related to infrastructure and existing applications.
This individual will assist with technical issues in the Initiation and Planning phases of our standard Project Management Methodology during the project implementation phase. These activities include the definition of needs, benefits, and technical strategy; research & development within the project life-cycle; technical analysis and design; and support of operations staff in executing, testing and rolling-out the solutions. Participation on projects is focused on smoothing the transition of projects from development stage to production stage by performing operations activities within the project life-cycle.
• Analyze, improve & maintain existing applications’ effectiveness, efficiency and strategy for further improvements in functionality of the application
• Monitoring and enforcement of security policies and procedure for software applications
• Ability of application fine tuning, configuration, administration and monitoring
• Analyze custom administrative software requests and present solutions
• Provision of customer support and technical direction for problem resolution
• Optimizing performance of application by proactive maintenance and process improvements
• Management and planning application software upgrades
• Making sure functionality of application
• Ability of making sure any new software integration into existing systems meeting functional requirements and system compliance
• Coordination in the design, development and implementation of enterprise software application
• Daily monitoring and capacity planning for enterprise system and applications
• Build custom reports and dashboards to support management decision making
• Providing support and problem solution regarding application to end users
• Supervising application assistant, application support analyst and other application related staffs
• Performing other duties as assigned by line manager and management
• Analyzing business requirements and recommending software application as per business plan
• Ability to work under pressure and deliver project milestones and production deadlines.
• Ability to resolve or escalate problems.
• Experience deploying distributed monitoring infrastructure with a large web-based company.
• Experience with common development tools and practices.
• Responsible for maintaining, documenting and improving our newly establishing infrastructure.
• Responsible for maintaining impeccable uptime by proactively monitoring and implementing disaster recovery and business continuity plans.
• Maintain and expand our high frequency monitoring system.
• Lead efforts to evaluate new tools and technologies and take leading edge techniques and technologies into use in our operational stack.
• Perform Day End (EoD) and Day begin operation on daily basis.
Operations and Support
• Perform daily application and its functionality monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of application to the users
• Installation, implementation and supporting IT software application support existing infrastructure
• Support and serve as technical person in development of application as per request
• Full knowledge regarding third tier, two tier and other enterprise infrastructure and systems
• Troubleshoots to resolve system related problems, coordination with relevant system administrators regarding problem resolution and user support
• Assist in development of policies, procedures, programs and application as required
• Creating user documentation, and train personnel on existing and new applications software
• Keep up to date with latest technology
• Maintenance of application administration and troubleshooting
• Provide upper level support to users having difficulties with applications
• Establishing and maintaining effective working relationship with users and management
• Troubleshooting techniques used to resolve application related problems
• Ensuring functionality, availability, dependability and reliability of existing applications
• Maintaining confidentiality of data, information and materials
• Maintain operational, configuration, or other procedures.
• Perform periodic performance reporting to support capacity planning.
• And any other task that may assign by the manager
Experience and knowledge of banking & payment systems, applications.
knowledge of effective provisioning, installation/configuration, operation, and maintenance of existing application, full application functionality and software related to infrastructure and existing applications.
• Bachelor degree in Computer Science or a related field and minimum of Five(5)years experiences .
• At least 5 years’ experience working in a production, banking environment.
• At least 2 years personal experience supporting payment switches and/or banking applications such as Flexcube, Virmati
• Responsibilities sometimes require working evenings and weekends, sometimes with little advanced notice.
• Experience and knowledge of banking & payment systems, applications
Afghanistan - Kabul
Bachelors Degree, IT
Interested candidates should send their updated CV/Resume electronically no later than September 20, 2017. Mention the job title and vacancy number (APS-048 Technical Specialist Application) in the subject line otherwise your application will not be acceptable.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for test/interview.
|More jobs in this category|
|Helpdesk Operators at NETLINKS/Jobs.af||Kabul||30 Nov 2017|
|Head of telecommunications unit at Ministry of communication and IT||Kabul||30 Nov 2017|
|Senior Financial Management at Ministry of communication and IT||Kabul||30 Nov 2017|
|Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist at Ministry of communication and IT||Kabul||30 Nov 2017|
|Technical IT (E-Gov) Specialist at Ministry of communication and IT||Kabul||30 Nov 2017|
|IT Officer at Universal Eagle Tracking Co||Kabul||25 Nov 2017|
|(کارشناس ارشد (انکشاف سیس.. at ACD||Kabul||28 Nov 2017|
|Information Technology Manager (IT Manager) at American University of Afg..||Kabul||28 Nov 2017|
|ICDL/Computer literacy Instructor at American University of Afghanistan||Kabul||27 Nov 2017|
|PDI IT Unit Assistant and Instructor at American University of Afghanista..||Kabul||27 Nov 2017|
|IT Services Manager at American University of Afghanistan||Kabul||27 Nov 2017|
|IT Workshop Assistant (Bakhtar Bank Head Offi.. at Bakhtar Bank||Kabul||26 Nov 2017|
|Workshop Engineer (Bakhtar Bank Head Office) at Bakhtar Bank||Kabul||25 Nov 2017|
|Aptech Afghanistan require Windows Server and.. at ARIF AZIM CO. LTD.||Kabul||28 Nov 2017|
|تکنیشن کمره امنیتی CCTV came.. at East Power Engineering..||Kabul||30 Dec 2017|