Training Manager(731 Views)
About FINCA Afghanistan
The Mission of FINCA Afghanistan is to provide financial services to the lowest-income entrepreneurs, so they can create jobs build assets and improve their standard of living.FINCA International is one of the world's leading micro finance institutions, provides financial services to more than One Million clients through 23 wholly-owned and operated subsidiaries in Africa, Eurasia, Latin America and the Middle East and South Asia (MESA)
FINCA Afghanistan has over 350 employees and among one of the leading Microfinance providers in the country with its Islamic and enterprise friendly products. It is rapidly growing and is currently operating in Kabul, North and West Regions.
Under the direct supervision of the CEO, the Training and Development Manager is responsible for the training and technical support activities of FINCA Afghanistan. She/he will be assisting the CEO in day to day capacity building activities of the country operations. The Training and Development Manager will also be responsible for the supervision and skills development of the local master trainers and staff at the branch and regional level.
|Date Posted:||12 Sep 2017||Reference:||FA-KBL-HQ-150|
|Closing Date:||28 Sep 2017||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Banking||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per company salary scale|
|Contract Type:||Permanent||Years of Experience:||5 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||0 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||No|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Conduct needs assessments of F/A staff as appropriate.
2. Oversee the design and development of all training programme curriculum, manuals and training materials created by consultants.
3. Develop training materials within one’s own areas of expertise.
4. Ensure the quality of training materials’ translation from English into Dari and Pushto languages.
5. Oversee the work of all trainers including visiting and part-time lecturers/trainers and make changes as needed.
6. Prepare and manage the calendar and course programs/timetables for all F/A training courses.
7. Develop and deliver Training of Trainers courses for F/A trainings and undertake follow-on skill development as needed.
8. Deliver training programs or sessions within one’s own areas of expertise.
9. Be responsible for assuring the quality of training delivery of consultant and F/A core trainings including quality of assignments, quizzes, exercises, and other class activities.
10. Take initiative to improve teaching materials and adjust training programmes.
11. Ensure systematic evaluation to obtain participants’ feedback on the training delivery, materials, quality of translation, etc. and discuss feedback points with the trainers and the Training Manager to further improve training quality/management.
12. Write brief evaluation reports.
13. Take an active part in the recruitment and development of newly recruited trainers.
14. Be responsible for the filing and security of all training materials both hard and soft documents.
15. Establish and manage the F/A’s library/resource center and have the librarian to properly record all the books.
16. Training Manager is responsible to coordinate all training programs, other activities with FDA as well as FI/FMH and represent in all forums FA related to his area or as advised by the CEO.
17. He will facilitate the staff to take the benefits of the trainings organized by FDA/other Institutions to develop their skills
18. He should explore to start a monthly newsletter cum knowledge bulletin to update all staff on Microfinance sector.
The Training & Development Manager will perform other tasks not listed in this Job Description but are reasonably associated to the position. The Training & Development Manager must show initiative and complete all tasks given by her/his supervisor promptly and to the standard expected. The Training & Development Manager can draw on the support and advice of her/his supervisor and colleagues but is nonetheless ultimately responsible for completing the above tasks without being asked. The Training & Development Manager must be able to work independently when asked and take initiative to solve problems without being asked. The Training & Development Manager must do his/her job without being reminded of routine tasks or requests made by his/her supervisor.
1. Minimum 5 years of experience in designing training, writing manuals, and teaching materials and training and coaching trainers.
2. University or equivalent education in training and/or business administration.
3. At least two years of professional experience with national, international or UN agencies in the field of Training.
4. Experience conducting training needs assessments.
5. Experience conducting training of trainer programs and supervising and developing trainers over time.
6. Experience supervising quality control systems in the translation process.
7. Fluency in Dari, Pashto and English.
8. Excellent trust-building, communication and interpersonal skills.
9. Experience in computers, word processing.
10. Demonstrated commitments to helping people develop self-esteem, develop potential and excel.
11. Ability to learn quickly, strong self-training readiness.
12. Must be self-starter with excellent demonstrated teamwork skills.
1. Knowledge of microfinance operations.
Collect feedback and make necessary adjustments to training materials, curriculum to ensure continued relevance and sustainability of the training activities.
Afghanistan - Kabul
Bachelors Degree, Business Administration
All interested and qualified candidates should submit their CV along with application letter also please mention the position title and Vacancy number clearly in the subject line of your email (FA-KBL-HQ-150 Training Manager), otherwise your CV will not be considered for mentioned position.
|More jobs in this category|
|Database Assistant at Bank-e-Millie Afghan||Kabul||05 Jan 2018|
|Money Counter at Afghanistan International Bank||Kandahar||25 Nov 2017|
|Cashier at Afghanistan International Bank||Balkh||25 Nov 2017|
|KYC Update Officer at Afghanistan International Bank||Kabul||25 Nov 2017|
|Loan Adminstrator at OXUS Afghanistan||Multi Cities||10 Dec 2017|
|Re-Advertise: Digital Financial Services Mana.. at FMFB||Kabul||04 Dec 2017|
|Re-Advertisement: Product Development Manager at FMFB||Kabul||04 Dec 2017|
|Officer Credit at Afghanistan International Bank||Herat||24 Nov 2017|
|Loan Officer at FMFB||Kabul||28 Nov 2017|
|Member of Audit Committee at Arian Bank||Kabul||05 Dec 2017|
|Chief Business Banking Officer at FMFB||Kabul||27 Nov 2017|
|Call for CV- Credit Officer at FINCA Afghanistan||Kabul||01 Feb 2018|