Budgeting & Public Financial Management Expert(989 Views)
The National Skills Development Program (NSDP) is a National Priority Program (NPP) established after the April 2004 Berlin announcement made by H.E. President Karzai. The overall goal of the NSDP is to contribute to the socio-economic recovery of Afghanistan through building a national Technical and Vocational Education and Training (TVET) system which is responsive to labor market needs and which provides Afghans with the knowledge and skills for decent work.
The NSDP has a Steering Committee consists of 9 relevant Ministries with the Ministry of Labor, Social Affairs, Martyrs and Disabled (MOLSAMD) designated as a lead Ministry. The NSDP operates as a self-contained entity as a National Priority Program of the Government of the Islamic Republic of Afghanistan; mainly financed from the Afghanistan Reconstruction Trust Fund (ARTF) through the Ministry of Finance, and the World Bank and other funding agencies.
After the recent and successful implementation of the World Bank-funded Afghanistan Skills Development Project (ASDP), the Bank intends to support NSDP/MOLSAMD through a new project called the Non-formal Approach to Training, Education and jobs in Afghanistan (NATEJA).
The NATEJA project will focus on increasing access to non-formal technical and vocational training for the unskilled and semi-skilled, young, illiterate, Afghan women and men. This will be achieved by providing them with market relevant practical skills to improve their potential for wage and/ or self-employment and higher earnings, and building other livelihoods-support skills. The project will also improve labor market outcomes by enhancing the quality of training delivery through performance-linked financial incentives, and will use non-formal training providers and employers to train the unskilled and illiterate individuals.
The Project Development Objective is “to increase the potential for employment and higher earnings of targeted young Afghan women and men in rural and semi-urban areas through non-formal skills training”
The National Skills Development Program (NSDP) within the Ministry of Labor, Social Affairs, Martyrs and Disabled (MOLSAMD), will implement the project.
Considering the above, the MoLSAMD seeks to hire a competent, highly motivated, and energetic individual to fill the position of Budgeting & Public Financial Management Expert to provide support to the teams of the Finance and Accounts Directorate and its developmental projects and the Ministry, liaises with local and international officials and provide general suggestions on Financial and budgeting Activities.
|Date Posted:||12 Sep 2017||Reference:||BPFME/NATEJA/MoF/MoLSAMD|
|Closing Date:||18 Sep 2017||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Account/Finance||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per NTA Salary Scale Policy|
|Contract Type:||Consultant||Years of Experience:||5 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||0 Year(s) & 2 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||2 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
• Assist the deputy minister for admin and finance in Financial Management and budgeting activities of development projects and the ministry.
• Oversee the Preparation and maintenance of daily cash books, vouchers and other supporting documents for financial recording.
• Oversee the filling system updated and keep hardcopies of Payments and allotments.
• Coordinate and oversee the preparation of mmonthly Cash control with cashiers members of financial management for ministry and project finance teams, to ensure sufficient availably of cash in hands.
• Should be able to implement policies procedures and standard operating procedures in the field of budgeting and finance and ensure compliance with the guidelines of Afghan government and donor funds.
• Should be able to perform budget monitoring weekly and monthly.
• Financial Reporting Of project on Weekly, monthly and on need basis to the Senior management and the Deputy Minister Admin & Finance.
• Analyze monthly department budgeting and accounting reports to maintain expenditure controls and the preparation of regular and special budget reports.
• Consult with managers to ensure that budget adjustments are made in accordance with guidelines and standard operating procedures of the ministry and it's programs and projects & Match appropriations for specific programs with appropriations for broader programs, including items for emergency funds.
• Provide advice and technical assistance with cost analysis, fiscal allocation, and budget preparation summarize budgets and submit recommendations for the approval or disapproval of funds requests.
• Review operating budgets to analyze trends affecting budget needs examine budget estimates for completeness, accuracy, and conformance with procedures and regulations.
• Perform cost-benefits analyses to compare operating programs, review financial requests, and explore alternative financing methods. Interpret budget directives and ensure policies for carrying out directives are implemented.
• Compile and analyze accounting records and other data to determine the financial resources required to implement a program.
• Inform department managers of due dates for the submission of budget information & Act as an advisor to department managers in formulating their budget submissions
• Review proposed budget submissions from department managers for accuracy and completeness
• Examine capital budget requests and issue recommendations to the approval committee Coordinate capital budgeting process and review budget for approvals
• Any other task related to the job assigned by the Deputy Minister Admin & Finance.
Travels to Provinces
Require Travels to Provinces
Ability to speak read and write excellent Dari/Pashto and English, and produce reports in English for regular and continuous presentations
Ability to interact with senior Management and administrative staff in the Ministry
Ability to work with and be a partner of a team of diverse backgrounds
Ability to work efficiently and to meet deadlines
Ability to function effectively in a team environment inspiring trust and cooperation of other team members
Strong communication, negotiating skills and good interpersonal relations & Good quantitative skills and computer literate
Good knowledge of audit, financial management and financial reporting practices
Effective Communication & Financial management skills
Effective Project Management Skills
Effective Knowledge transfer and Capacity Building Skills
Good Knowledge of working with people and representing the ministry for MoF and donors in terms of Financial Management Activities.
Ability to work in critical situation and be able to manage conflicts
Effective organizational and management skills
Be able to communicate effectively both in the written and oral mode
Be culturally sensitive and possess good interpersonal skills
Be a self-starter and be able to work without supervision
Be well organized, reliable and able to deliver quality outcomes on time
Possess critical thinking and analytical skills
Bachelor degree in finance or accounting is required.
At least 5 five years of experience in the field of budgeting and financial management
Excellent organizational skills and the ability to excel at details, multi-tasking and working under pressure.
Excellent Communication skills (oral and written) in Dari/Pashto and English Language.
Good knowledge of MS office package, Quick Book, and email services.
Three years of working experience, in Finance with donor funded projects, government or international organizations.
Afghanistan - Kabul: PROVINCIAL CENTER (KABUL)
Interest candidates should submit their applications, in writing, to the National Skills Development Program (NSDP), Ministry of Labour, Social Affairs, Martyrs and Disabled located in first Macroryan, Kabul, or e-mail their application (indicating in the subject line the VA number and the title of the post applied for) to:
firstname.lastname@example.org / email@example.com
|More jobs in this category|
|Finance officer at Ministry of Public Health||Kabul||24 Jan 2018|
|عضو مدیریت خزائین at DABS/KBD||Kabul||31 Jan 2018|
|مدیریت خزاین at DABS||Herat||24 Jan 2018|
|Data Entry Clerk at Kabul Municipality||Kabul||21 Jan 2018|
|Tax & Customs Officer at Aeroparcel, Inc.||Kabul||24 Jan 2018|
|Tax Specialist at Emerging Consulting LLC||Kabul||20 Mar 2018|
|Senior Admin and Finance Officer at Afghanistan Microfinance Association ..||Kabul||20 Jan 2018|
|Budget Officer at DABS||Kabul||19 Jan 2018|
|Exams Finance Officer at British Council Afghanistan||Kabul||23 Jan 2018|
|Finance Manager/Officer at trust construction company||Multi Cities||25 Jan 2018|
|Finance SME at MOIA||Multi Cities||20 Jan 2018|
|Finance Officer at DABS||Kabul||21 Jan 2018|
|Financial Management Specialist at Ghani Consultancy Services||Kabul||21 Jan 2018|
|Tax Specialist and Accountant at Kakar Advocates LLC||Kabul||26 Jan 2018|
|Sr. Finance Manager at Afghanistan Cricket Board||Kabul||21 Jan 2018|
|Finance Analyst at Youth in Action Consulting Company||Multi Cities||15 Apr 2018|
|Female Finance Analyst at Youth in Action Consulting Company||Multi Cities||15 Aug 2018|