Operations Specialist(892 Views)
About UNDP Afghanistan
UNDP supports stabilization, state building, governance and development priorities in Afghanistan. UNDP support, in partnership with the Government, the United Nations system, the donor community and other development stakeholders, has contributed to institutional development efforts leading to positive impact on the lives of Afghan citizens. Over the years UNDP support has spanned such milestone efforts as the adoption of the Constitution; Presidential, Parliamentary and Provincial Council elections; institutional development through capacity-building to the legislative, the judicial and executive arms of the state, and key ministries, Government agencies and commissions at the national and subnational levels. UNDP has played a key role in the management of the Law and Order Trust Fund, which supports the Government in developing and maintaining the national police force and in efforts to stabilize the internal security environment. Major demobilization, disarmament and rehabilitation and area-based livelihoods and reconstruction programmes have taken place nationwide. UNDP Programmes in Afghanistan have benefited from the very active support of donors. UNDP Afghanistan is committed to the highest standards of transparency and accountability and works in close coordination with the United Nations Mission in Afghanistan and the UN system as a whole to maximize the impact of its development efforts on the ground.
Oversee operational management of the project staff at national and sub-national levels and Provide support to Project Planning and AWP formulation;
Ensure the project implemented timely and effectively according to plans and in consistency with CO SOP;
Ensure that the project is administered timely and effectively as per UNDP procedures;
Facilitate knowledge building and management.
|Date Posted:||12 Sep 2017||Reference:||12038|
|Closing Date:||26 Sep 2017||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Management||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per company salary scale|
|Contract Type:||Service Contract||Years of Experience:||0 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||0 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||No|
Duties and Responsibilities
Oversee operational management of the project staff at national and sub-national levels and Provide support to Project Planning and AWP formulation by focusing on the following results:
- Provide financial analysis and oversight for all resources of LOGO and advice to the Project Manager;
- Supervise the Finance Associate;
- Provide inputs to formulation of AWPs;
- Provide inputs to detailed implementation plans;
- Assist in formulation of budgets for the project;
- Assist in formulation of procurement and HR plans for the project;
- Assist in revision of AWPs, periodic revisions of procurement/HR plans ensuring that plans are updated in a timely manner and in close coordination with UNDP Country Office (Programme, HR and Procurement Teams).
Ensures the provision of Operations and Administrative Support, by focusing on the following results:
- Initiate procurement actions for ICs, goods, works and services and recruitment of SC actions according to HR and procurement plans. Prepare requests for recruitment and contracting in UNDP format and according to CO SOP;
- Compile supporting documents for procurement and recruitments processes and ensure that supporting documents are complete and in line with the SOP;
- Create e-requisitions in ATLAS to initiate procurement processes; ensure the accuracy of the COA of the e-requisition; follow up with Project Manager for approval. Revise e-requisitions as necessary;
- Promptly follow up with CO units on pending actions (procurement, recruitment, travel, transportation etc);
- Create e-requisitions for travel and prepare TAs; submit and follow up with UNDP CO Travel Unit (according to SOP);
- Prepare payment requests and submit to CO (according to SOP). Ensure accuracy of COA of all payment requests;
- Prepare receipts in ATLAS.
Ensures that the project is administered timely and effectively as per UNDP procedures, focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Arrange work plan of drivers and supervise its implementation. Ensure that vehicle logs are properly maintained;
- Oversee the orderly maintenance of project premises including furniture, space and equipment. Ensure that UNDP assets are properly marked;
- Monitor leave of local and international project personnel and maintain updated and correct records and online systems;
- Notify CO HR promptly on separation of project staff;
- Provide monthly update of current assets sheet. Implement transfer of assets in close coordination with the CO Administrative Services Unit;
- Implement security arrangements in the project premises under supervision of UNDP CO Security Team;
- Maintain project supplies and initiate procurement of supplies as necessary;
- Facilitate the periodic asset, inventory and supplies physical count by the Counting Teams;
- Coordinate ICT support to project with the UNDP CO. Coordinate support with ICT helpdesk;
- Maintain filing system for the project.
Facilitates knowledge building and management, focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Ensure that the project systematically builds capacities of Implementing Partners through Introduction of innovation and best practices, access to knowledge and expertise and promote their application to project implementation;
- Promote teamwork, information sharing and collaboration within the Project Team and between the Project Team and the CO Programme;
- Promote skills development of project staff through coaching and mentoring;
- Ensure capturing and disseminations of lessons learnt during project implementation;
- Facilitate the Project’s representation and/or participation in international knowledge networks to draw on and share best practice and lessons learned for application in Afghanistan.
Demonstrates integrity by modeling the UN’s values and ethical standards;
Promotes the vision, mission, and strategic goals of UNDP;
Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability;
Treats all people fairly without favoritism.
Knowledge Management and Learning
Promotes knowledge management in UNDP and a learning environment in the office;
Actively works towards continuing personal learning and development in one or more Practice Areas, acts on learning plan and applies newly acquired skills.
Development and Operational Effectiveness
Ability to support strategic planning, results-based management and reporting;
Solid knowledge in financial resources and human resources management, contract, Asset, procurement, information and communication technology, general administration.
Management and Leadership
Builds strong relationships with clients, focuses on impact and result for the client and responds positively to feedback;
Consistently approaches work with energy and a positive, constructive attitude;
Demonstrates good oral and written communication skills;
Demonstrates openness to change and ability to manage complexities;
Demonstrates good conflict resolution skills;
UNDP Certification programmes Prince2, Procurement, HR, Accounting and Finance.
Master or Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Finance, Economics or related field.
With Master’s degree 2 years of experience and with Bachelor’s degree 4 years relevant of experience in finance, operations and management of staff at national or international organizations required;
Knowledge of UNDP ATLAS an asset;
Experience in establishing inter-relationships among international organization and national governments;
Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages, experience in handling of web based management systems.
Afghanistan - Kabul
Bachelors Degree, Business Administration
All qualified candidates should apply online using the below link:
No email provided, please refer to Submission Guideline above
|More jobs in this category|
|Parliamentary Analyst, FEFA ( Re announce) at Free and Fair Election Foru..||Kabul||28 Sep 2017|
|Project Coordinator at ASARA Consultancy Services||Kabul||27 Sep 2017|
|LARP Specialist at DABS||Kabul||01 Oct 2017|
|Project Coordinator at Afghanaid||Multi Cities||23 Oct 2017|
|Re-announced Coordinator at SDROA||Jawzjan||04 Oct 2017|
|مدیر حفاظت محیط زیست و ام.. at DABS||Kabul||27 Sep 2017|
|Administrator Facilities Management Division at French Medical Institute ..||Kabul||30 Sep 2017|