Internal Auditor/Compliance Officer(1414 Views)
About Afghan Social Marketing Organization (ASMO)
The Afghan Social Marketing Organization (ASMO) is a social marketing and behavioral change communication organization established in August 2008. ASMO as a free-standing, not-for-profit Afghan organization aims to create positive health outcomes by giving Afghan households the information they need to make informed and healthy choices and expanding access to high quality health products through commercial markets.
Vision: ASMO’s vision is to serve as a “partner for a better life” in Afghanistan where families (especially women and children) and communities are empowered to protect and improve their health and social well-being; where markets for health products are vibrant and expanding; and where consumer awareness of healthy choices, access to affordable health products and social services steadily improves and is increasingly sustainable.
Mission: ASMO strives to design and implement effective and integrated health and social issue marketing interventions intended to improve the overall well-being of the country's population, especially women and children, while stimulating and increasing private commercial sector participation.
ASMO is partner with Jhpiego incorporation under HEMAYAT project and at the same time partner with Abt Associate Inc under SHOPS Plus project (The Sustaining Health Outcomes through the Private Sector Plus. Both projects are USAID funded program.
Internal Auditor/Compliance Officer will be responsible to plan, execute and report ongoing operational, program, regulatory and compliance audit. He/she primarily focuses to promote and enhance compliance with applicable donor(s) and government rules and regulations and strengthen internal control measures. The incumbent will report to the Executive Director/BoD as required.
Note: The incumbent must be able to travel to provinces when required.
|Date Posted:||13 Sep 2017||Reference:||ASMO-KAB-042|
|Closing Date:||26 Sep 2017||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Account/Finance||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per NTA Salary Scale Policy|
|Contract Type:||Fixed-term||Years of Experience:||4 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||1 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
Key responsibilities may include but not limited to the followings:
Risk Assessment and Compliance Check:
• Plan and conduct financial, regulatory, and operational review to assess adequacy and effectiveness of control in place
• Assess, evaluate and promote compliance to the internal policies and also to the donor’s procurement and financial regulations
• In response to the assessment, identify and suggest proper control to mitigate risks
• Conduct compliance check and review processes/financial and other information to ensure compliance to the USAID standards provision applicable for non-governmental organizations
• Provide value-added advice and support to management on the development or modification of policies, procedures, processes to ensure an appropriate level of internal control and compliance are maintained
• Review monthly financial reports of the organization before submitting to donor(s)
Field work and Investigation:
• Perform audit of inventories and equipment in each operational area, Kabul, Mazari-Sharif, Herat, Jalalabad and Kandahar
• Plan and conduct regulatory and compliance audit in each operational area (main and regional warehouses) to assess adequacy and effectiveness of control in place
• Conduct ad-hoc investigations and reviews as requested by senior management/Board of Directors
• Provide consultative support to branches and departments with regard to the adequate design and execution of risk management processes
• Participate in process related to nomination and engagement of external auditors
• Ensure external auditors have access to relevant internal audit report and other reports required as part of audit.
Reporting on Findings:
• Prepare audit reports in line with the approved audit plan and in accordance with standards of internal audit
• Discuss audit findings and recommendations with line managers and report significant issues to the Executive Director/Board of directors
• Prepare an action plan with the management team to address findings/gaps identified in external audit
• Ensure audit work is documented ,retained in a way that meet external auditors requirement
• Provide senior management with an opinion on the adequacy, effectiveness and efficiency of the internal controls
• Report on internal control issues and the implementation of the internal audit plan to the Executive/Board of Directors
Personal/ Other Skills:
• Excellent written and oral communication skills as well as time management and organization skills
• Strong skills in negotiating, relationship building and problem solving
• Strong analytical capability and personal integrity and strong ethics and values
• Logical approach to identifying and evaluating issues and problem solving
A recognized professional designation in accountancy or internal auditing (CA, CPA) auditing is required.
Excellent knowledge of financial business operations and risk-based auditing attained through 3 to 4 years of progressive work in USAID funded projects
Required Skills and Knowledge:
• Excellent understanding of standards of the internal audit, international standards of accounting
• Solid understanding of risk and control concept. Ability to apply these concepts to evaluate adequacy and effectiveness of business process and controls to mitigate risk
• Good knowledge and understanding of USAID Standard Provisions applicable to non-governmental organizations
Afghanistan - Kabul
Bachelors Degree, Account/Finance
Interested Afghans with the required qualification and experience should send their applications along with cover letter to the email address provided below or candidates can bring copies of their CVs along with the cover letter to HR Department of ASMO at the following address:
Afghan Social Marketing Organization (ASMO)
Qala-E Fathullah, Street One, Lane 1 on the right, House# 101 (Close to Zarghona High School), Contact No. 075 211 86 33
Applications without specific vacancy number and exact duty station i.e (Application for the position of Internal Auditor/Compliance Officer) and after the closing date, would not be considered. Only short-listed candidates whose applications meet the above criteria will be contacted for the interview. Afghan Social Marketing believes on equal employment opportunities.
Only candidates with Afghan Nationality, male and female who meet above criteria can apply.
‘’Female applicants are strongly encouraged to apply’’
|More jobs in this category|
|Lead Finance Manager at DABS||Kabul||06 Aug 2018|
|Program Head of Finance at DABS||Kabul||06 Aug 2018|
|Finance Officer at IFRC||Kabul||05 Aug 2018|
|Accounting& Finance Manager at Tolo Fajer Plastic Industry Company||Kabul||22 Dec 2018|
|Finance and Admin Manager at Sadat Business Group Ltd||Kabul||06 Aug 2018|
|Finance Officer at Jumiat Industrial Association||Kabul||28 Jul 2018|
|Finance Assistant at Sayed Majidi Architecture and Design (SMAD)||Kabul||27 Jul 2018|
|(معتمد (تحویلدار at DABS||Wardak||27 Jul 2018|
|Internal Audit Specialist at MAIL||Kabul||23 Jul 2018|
|Cashier at MAIL||Kabul||23 Jul 2018|
|Finance Manager at OXUS Consulting Group||Kabul||29 Jul 2018|
|Accountant at Abdul Majeed Ali Uhaul Ltd||Kabul||15 Aug 2018|
|SENIOR ACCESS TO FINANCE ADVISOR at DAI||Kabul||23 Jul 2018|
|Assistant Manager Finance at Habib Bank Ltd||Kabul||31 Jul 2018|
|Finance Analyst at Youth in Action Consulting Company||Multi Cities||29 Nov 2018|
|Female Finance Analyst at Youth in Action Consulting Company||Multi Cities||29 Nov 2018|