Instructor - Biomedical Equipment Technology (BMET)(176 Views)
About Kabul University of Medical Sciences
Kabul University of Medical Science (KUMS) is a public institution functioning under the supervision of Ministry of Higher Education (MoHE). It has faculties of Curative Medicine, Pediatrics, Stomatology, Nursing, Public Health, and Allied Sciences. In 2015, with assistance from USAID-funded University Support and Workforce Development Program (USWDP), KUMS established Biomedical Equipment Technology (BMET) Associate Degree program. KUMS is running six teaching hospitals including Aliabad, Maiwand, Stomatology, Eye, and Shahrara hospitals, and Cardiac Research Institute. Currently, KUMS has over 4000 students in different professions including medicine, stomatology, nursing, midwifery, lab technicians, anesthesiologists, post-graduate specialties, and Biomedical Equipment Technology.
Biomedical Equipment Technology Associate Degree:
The Associate Degree in Biomedical Equipment Technology (BMET) is a college-level degree program for female and male students aspiring to be medical equipment technicians and meet the ever-growing demand of the medical equipment industry. The objective of the degree program is to provide relevant, and market oriented technical and professional education for a diverse body of aspirants, such as high school graduates, current nonprofessional medical technicians, and other medical industry workforce with the purpose of contributing to and strengthening the medical technology field. By the completion of the degree program, students will acquire skills in installation, inspection, calibration, servicing, and repairing medical equipment of all sorts and sizes. Biomedical Equipment Technology (BMET) Associate Degree was established in April 2015, at Kabul University of Medical Sciences.
Brief description of position:
The BMET instructor will teach and oversee BMET courses, including lecture and laboratory presentations in the area of basic biomedical instrumentation, troubleshooting and repair of general biomedical equipment. Provide instructional guidance and training on the use of hand tools, power tools, measuring devices, soldering techniques, manufacturers' manuals, troubleshooting techniques, and preventive-maintenance schedules necessary to perform maintenance and repair BMET equipment, will review course material and incorporate changes as required to keep subject matter current.
|Date Posted:||13 Sep 2017||Reference:||KUMS - 01|
|Closing Date:||25 Sep 2017||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||3||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Education||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per company salary scale|
|Contract Type:||Permanent||Years of Experience:||2 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||0 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||No|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
Responsibilities and Tasks:
• Teach and oversee BMET courses, including lecture and laboratory presentations in the area of basic biomedical instrumentation, troubleshooting and repair of general biomedical equipment.
• Provide instructional guidance and training on the use of hand tools, power tools, measuring devices, soldering techniques, manufacturers' manuals, troubleshooting techniques, and preventive-maintenance schedules necessary to perform maintenance and repair BMET equipment.
• Review course material and incorporate changes as required to keep subject matter current
• Incorporate course updates to class materials, to include lesson plans, syllabi, and student evaluations.
• Ensure all students course materials; general references and examinations are clearly written, technically correct and revised sufficiently to maintain state of the art instruction.
• Conduct examination reviews and scheduled and unscheduled remedial training as required to assist students with course material.
• Attend and participate in BMET training and meetings, administer examinations as scheduled and proctor to insure testing integrity. Be able to provide end of course student feedback that will be utilized for course improvement.
• Provide a learning environment for both lecture and practical hands on instruction to BMET students to include but is not limited to installing, inspecting, maintaining, repairing, calibrating, modifying biomedical equipment and support systems to adhere to medical standard guidelines. This course of instruction shall include at a minimum the theory of operation, basic physiological principles, and safe clinical application of biomedical equipment necessary to maintain facility patient care and medical staff equipment.
• Work Environment: 100% of work is conducted is in a classroom, clinical indoor environment.
• Knowledgeable in installing, inspecting, maintaining, repairing, calibrating, modifying and designing biomedical equipment and support systems to adhere to medical standard guidelines, including the theory of operation, basic physiological principles, and safe clinical application of biomedical equipment necessary to maintain facility patient care and medical staff equipment.
• Possess knowledge of the procedures, tools, and devices involved in the installation, repair, and maintenance of all types of medical devices and medical equipment acquired through certified formal education/training.
• Possess, or have the ability to obtain, licenses and/or certificates for required equipment, e.g. database/software training certificates.
• Maintain, repair, troubleshoot, modify and install various types of electronic equipment and related devices such as electronic medical equipment; including optical, laboratory, radiological, and digital imaging.
• Applies technical knowledge of electronics principles in determining equipment malfunctions, and applies skill in restoring equipment operation, evaluates equipment performance and reliability.
• Assists in the preparation of lesson plans and in providing instruction on maintenance and operation of medical equipment to supported unit personnel both on and off-site.
• Physical Demands: Prolonged periods of standing shall be required while conducting lectures, facilitating and hands-on instruction.
• Associate's Degree in Applied Science of Biomedical Technology or in Electronics (or equivalent) from an accredited college or university.
• A minimum of three (2) years of experience as a medical equipment repair technician.
• Possess excellent written and oral communication and presentation skills
• Knowledge of instructional techniques and training methodologies in order to develop, implement, evaluate, and revise training programs.
• Experience utilizing a variety of instructional technologies, training equipment, and teaching methods to incorporate the principles of adult learning into teaching practices.
• Basic knowledge of computer
Afghanistan - Kabul
CVs and letters of interest must be submitted to the email addresses mentioned below, for consideration.
OR, please submit your applications as hardcopy to the Biomedical Equipment Technology College at Kabul University of Medical Science, University Road, Kabul, Afghanistan.
Applications will not be accepted after the closing date of the position. We thank all individuals for their interest, however only short-listed candidates will be contacted for written test and interview.
Kabul University of Medical Science (KUMS) is highly committed to increase female’s participation in management and academic positions; therefore, women are highly encouraged to apply.
|More jobs in this category|
|Call Center Agent at Sahebe Financial Services||Kabul||21 Oct 2017|
|Re-announced English Language Teacher at SDROA||Kabul||07 Oct 2017|
|Dari & English Language Teacher at Joint Monitoring and Evaluation Commit..||Kabul||29 Sep 2017|
|Construction Instructor at ATVI||Kabul||25 Sep 2017|
|Automotive Instructor at ATVI||Kabul||22 Sep 2017|
|Manager/Admin officer at Ama-E-Shamal Institute of spoken English||Kabul||18 Oct 2017|
|Art Instructor- Implementing Jawana Curriculu.. at Mashal University||Kabul||28 Sep 2017|
|Re-announced English Language Teacher at SDROA||Kunar||04 Oct 2017|
|Lecturer for Mathematics and Physics at Jahan University||Kabul||10 Oct 2017|
|Dean of Management Sciences (BBA) Faculty at Jahan University||Kabul||10 Oct 2017|
|TOEFL Academic/Business Writing Instructor at Yasna Development and Suppo..||Kandahar||29 Sep 2017|
|Call for Resume at Afghanistan Center for Excellence||Kabul||13 Nov 2017|
|National Project Officer, Capacity Developmen.. at UNESCO Kabul||Kabul||24 Sep 2017|
|Senior Scholarship Specialist at Tetra Tech -Women's Leadership Developme..||Kabul||25 Sep 2017|
|Alumni Relations Specialist at Tetra Tech -Women's Leadership Development||Kabul||25 Sep 2017|
|English Language Instructor (native speaker) at Ama-E-Shamal Institute of..||Kabul||22 Sep 2017|
|English Lecturer at Jahan University||Kabul||30 Sep 2017|
|BBA Lecturer at Jahan University||Kabul||31 Oct 2017|
|WIE - Scholarship Microsoft Office Certificat.. at USAID Promote: Women i..||Kabul||01 Jan 2018|
|Adobe Creative Cloud Certification in digital.. at USAID Promote: Women i..||Kabul||01 Jan 2018|