Field Engineer(2165 Views)
Ministry of Agriculture, Irrigation and Livestock (MAIL) launches a new project called Community, Livestock and Agriculture Project (CLAP). The project is funded by International Fund for Agriculture Development (IFAD). The overall goal of the project is to contribute to reducing poverty in rural Afghanistan. More specifically, the project objective is to improve food security of 169,500 rural households in selected districts in the provinces of Kabul, Parwan, and Logar by increasing agriculture and livestock productivity. This will be achieved by enhancing productive assets, skills, services, technologies, and income opportunities of the targeted beneficiaries (i.e. by introducing appropriate livestock and agriculture technology options, strengthening local capacity, and strengthening some weak areas of value-chain, including linkages with markets). The project also aims at reducing gender disparities by increasing the social and economic status of women engaged in these activities.
Under the direct supervision of the irrigation project coordinator and guidance of the director of the irrigation directorate and in close coordination with the CLAP infrastructure specialist, the Field Engineer will be based in Kabul and will be focal point between contactors/service providers and irrigation directorate during construction phase. He/she will be responsible of the followings tasks, but not limited to:
|Date Posted:||13 Sep 2017||Reference:||12236/CLAP/MAIL|
|Closing Date:||27 Sep 2017||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Engineering||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per NTA Salary Scale Policy|
|Contract Type:||Short Term||Years of Experience:||4 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||1 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
• Spend at least 80% of his/her time in the field ensure that the work quality and progress is satisfactory and as per the irrigation projects’ standard, technical specifications and schedule;
• Assist the team in the technical survey and design stage of the irrigation schemes
• Ensure that the civil works are completed within the given timeframe and in accordance of engineering standards;
• Reviews material submitted by contractors for compliance with the BOQ and specifications
• Checks compliance of QC requirements as per approved QC plan of the projects
• Ensures that all tests are performed at the site for the various water course lining technology of schemes and the test results are well documented on a daily basis;
• Ensure that the contractor use good quality materials in the construction of irrigation schemes. The site must also check the quality of the workmanship;
• Submits weekly, monthly and project completion report of work progress to the line manager
• Responsible for validation and certification of payments to contractors.
• Responsible for solving technical problems during construction, in close coordination with the line manager
• Facilitate site-meetings when necessary;
• Responsible of coordination and communication with DAIL offices.
• Maintains all documentation, work schedules and correspondence between PIU and Contractor;
• Ensures that Variation Order (VO) and/or Change Orders are issued in a timely manner;
• Maintains physical and financial progress of each contract;
• Any other duty assigned by the supervisor
Travels to Provinces
Require Travels to Provinces
• Good Command of Auto CAD, MS Project and other Engineering Software.
• Minimum 4 years of work experience in Irrigation site engineering /quality control/ field supervision is required;
• Must be efficient in completion of the assigned tasks on time on the office/sits;
• Good capability to read write and speak English, organization skills, desire to learn, and basic computer literacy; and
• Must have good report writing skills.
• Good skill in community mobilization.
Required Key Competencies
• Good knowledge of QC tools,constractin material quality tests, techniques, practices and procedures;
• Good knowledge of building materials and construction process;
• Have good analytical, writing, and communication skills
• Discretion and sound judgment in applying technical expertise to resolve day-to-day technical and QC issues;
• Fully proficient in computer software, particularly in spreadsheet, database and Internet applications;
• Must always be willing to go and stay on the construction sites
• Good interpersonal skills and ability to establish and maintain effective working relations with people in a multi-cultural, multi-ethnic environment with sensitivity and respect for diversity.
The candidate must have at least BSc incivil engineering or irrigation engineering or construction engineering from a recognized university and should have general understanding of (construction of canals, lining technologies, water control gates, flow measurement structures, siphons, culverts, construction of flood control levees etc.), quality control and safety.
Afghanistan - Kabul
Bachelors Degree, Engineering
The interested candidates should submit their resume alone with a covering letter as follow conditions:
• Kindly send us your Attested Educational Documents by the Ministry of Higher Education.
• Please send your CV along with a cover letter electronically to
• Subject line must be: (Field Engineer-12236/CLAP/MAIL) otherwise your application will NOT be considered.
• Candidate’s educational degree must be attested with Ministry of Higher Education - Afghanistan otherwise we will not accept the application in short listing process.
• Please note that application received after the closing date will not be considered.
• Only short-listed candidates whose application responds to the above criteria will be contacted for interview.
|More jobs in this category|
|Field Engineer at SNaPP2-MAIL||Kabul||04 Apr 2018|
|Field Engineer at SNaPP2-MAIL||Multi Cities||04 Apr 2018|
|Junior Civil Engineer (Re announced) at ( Ministry of Agriculture) AAIP ..||Kabul||31 Mar 2018|
|Field Engineer at SNaPP2-MAIL||Baghlan||04 Apr 2018|
|Field Officer at DACAAR||Multi Cities||12 Apr 2018|
|Intern (Infrastructure) at Integrity Watch Afghanistan||Kabul||29 Mar 2018|
|Surveyor Engineer at ( Ministry of Agriculture) AAIP Project||Kabul||31 Mar 2018|
|WASH Deputy Program Manager, Soft components at ACTION CONTRE LA FAIM||Helmand||29 Mar 2018|
|Field Engineer at DACAAR||Kabul||26 Mar 2018|
|Proposal Writer at PG Global Group||Kabul||30 May 2018|