Gas Planning Expert(882 Views)
About Ghani Consultancy Services
Ghani Consultancy Services (GHANI) is a specialized international Management, Business, Engineering and research firm. We work with organizations aiming to deliver better results. Our extensive experience has made us capable of dealing with the complexity of business and development management. We specialize in multidisciplinary management solutions and enable our clients to achieve higher levels of development and sustain growth. We work with people at all levels of the organization building their capabilities and skills. We engage ourselves with the client, serving their best interest before ours.
|Date Posted:||13 Sep 2017||Reference:||Ghani –GPE -4|
|Closing Date:||13 Oct 2017||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Engineering||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per company salary scale|
|Contract Type:||Long-term||Years of Experience:||5 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||0 Year(s) & 16 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||No|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
• He /She will be required to deliver the following duties:
• Undertake review of current and existing diagnostic work in gas sector.
• Analyze of the existing institutional framework of Afghan hydrocarbon sector
• Review of evaluate existing and proposed transmission expansion and distribution plans.
• Undertake benchmarking study comparing lessons on current market conditions, system bottlenecks (upstream and midstream) and suggest progress towards developing a domestic hydrocarbon market.
• Analyze medium-term gas supply/demand balances while assessing the present and future average and peak demand requirements
• Analyze technical and financial feasibility and economic benefits of alternative hydrocarbon development and utilization scenarios.
• Explore the opportunities of public private partnerships and other innovative financing mechanisms for development of hydrocarbon sector
• Recommend a suggested regulatory structure for growth and future investments in Afghan hydrocarbon sector.
• Advice the Client on matters related to hydrocarbon supply chain and lead meetings and workshops, liaise with key stakeholders, and in partnership with them, develop key information linkages, institutional support, and data gathering.
• Recommend an economic pricing model and model gas purchase and sales agreement.
• Identify impediments to the fast track development of the domestic hydrocarbon market and recommend solutions to alleviate or remove such impediments.
• Provide input in preparation of reports.
Travels to Provinces
Require Travels to Provinces
• Possess good interpersonal skills and communication abilities;
• Well organized, and ability to properly work in team.
• Have a basic understanding of the English language
• Must be able to self-direct on issues related to work, and to work without constant supervision
• Encourage and motivate the team toward achievement of project objectives within given timeframe.
Note: Only applicants who meet these requirements will be considered.
The Gas planning Expert will be an energy economist/engineer/manager with a degree in the above and should possess a minimum of 5 years of experiences in upstream and midstream gas development.
The person should be technically able to assess and understand reservoir/basin reports and gas supply scenarios, including review of current market conditions and identifying investment programs that are technically and financially feasible and ranking them economically.
Afghanistan - Kabul
CVs with cover letter should be submitted ELECTRONICALLY to below mentioned email.
Please include position title and vacancy No. in the subject line of the e-mail. (Gas Planning Expert), Vac# Ghani – GPE -4)
Only short listed candidates whose background and experiences correspond to the above criteria will be contacted for further consideration.
|More jobs in this category|
|Field Engineer at SNaPP2-MAIL||Kabul||04 Apr 2018|
|Field Engineer at SNaPP2-MAIL||Multi Cities||04 Apr 2018|
|Junior Civil Engineer (Re announced) at ( Ministry of Agriculture) AAIP ..||Kabul||31 Mar 2018|
|Field Engineer at SNaPP2-MAIL||Baghlan||04 Apr 2018|
|Field Officer at DACAAR||Multi Cities||12 Apr 2018|
|Intern (Infrastructure) at Integrity Watch Afghanistan||Kabul||29 Mar 2018|
|Surveyor Engineer at ( Ministry of Agriculture) AAIP Project||Kabul||31 Mar 2018|
|WASH Deputy Program Manager, Soft components at ACTION CONTRE LA FAIM||Helmand||29 Mar 2018|
|Field Engineer at DACAAR||Kabul||26 Mar 2018|
|Proposal Writer at PG Global Group||Kabul||30 May 2018|