National Energy Economist(634 Views)
About Ghani Consultancy Services
Ghani Consultancy Services (GHANI) is a specialized international Management, Business, Engineering and research firm. We work with organizations aiming to deliver better results. Our extensive experience has made us capable of dealing with the complexity of business and development management. We specialize in multidisciplinary management solutions and enable our clients to achieve higher levels of development and sustain growth. We work with people at all levels of the organization building their capabilities and skills. We engage ourselves with the client, serving their best interest before ours.
|Date Posted:||13 Sep 2017||Reference:||Ghani –NEE -9|
|Closing Date:||13 Oct 2017||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Account/Finance||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per company salary scale|
|Contract Type:||Long-term||Years of Experience:||5 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||0 Year(s) & 20 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||No|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
• He /She will be required to deliver the following duties:
• Provide input and assist in preparation of energy sector masterplan by consolidating and updating power and gas development masterplans for Afghanistan
• To help international counterpart to analyze the evolution of institutions and regulatory regimes for collective action across energy subsectors;
• Assisting in preparation of input for the assessment and forecast of the medium- to longterm energy and gas supply demand balance based. Develop an economic demand scenario based on market-based pricing including recommendations for price adjustment while responding to market realities, for implementation over a reasonable time period, and a determination of the most optimum gas allocation and share of gas in the primary sources of energy.
• Identification of short, medium, and long term projects in exploration, production, transmission, and distribution so as to have an integrated investment program.
• Identifying project packages that are technically and financially feasible and ranking them economically, taking domestic policy priorities into account, prioritization of development projects under the gas development framework and recommendation of a least-cost investment plan.
• Assisting in Cost-benefit analysis of the key economic sectors and future investment projects within these sectors including a comparative analysis with substituted fuels.
• Assess economic and sustainability issues and helping in carrying sensitivity and risk analyses.
Travels to Provinces
Require Travels to Provinces
• Possess good interpersonal skills and communication abilities;
• Well organized, and ability to properly work in team.
• Have a basic understanding of the English language
• Must be able to self-direct on issues related to work, and to work without constant supervision
• Encourage and motivate the team toward achievement of project objectives within given timeframe.
Note: Only applicants who meet these requirements will be considered.
The Expert should hold at least Bachelor level degree in Accounting, Finance and Economics, with a proven experience of 5 years in the field. He/ She will be expected to deliver economic output to stimulate energy sector development in the country.
Afghanistan - Kabul
CVs with cover letter should be submitted ELECTRONICALLY to below mentioned email.
Please include position title and vacancy No. in the subject line of the e-mail. (National Energy Economist), Vac# Ghani – NEE -9)
Only short listed candidates whose background and experiences correspond to the above criteria will be contacted for further consideration.
|More jobs in this category|
|Finance Manager at SDROA||Kabul||06 Dec 2017|
|Procurement and Contract Management Officer at DABS||Kabul||02 Dec 2017|
|Provincial Finance Officer at Ministry of Education (MoE)||Khost||29 Nov 2017|
|Financial Analyst at Roots of Peace||Kabul||29 Nov 2017|
|Finance Assistant at Jahan University||Kabul||15 Dec 2017|
|Tax Manager at Quest Financial Services||Kabul||02 Dec 2017|
|Finanace Manager at Jahan University||Kabul||14 Dec 2017|
|Medical Record Officer at Ministry of Public Health||Kabul||27 Nov 2017|
|Internal Audit Specialist at MAIL/OFWMP||Kabul||25 Nov 2017|
|Finance Assistant at United Nations World Food Programme||Kabul||26 Nov 2017|
|GMAT Instructor – Part Time at American University of Afghanistan||Kabul||26 Nov 2017|
|کارمند تحویلخانه at DABS||Kabul||23 Nov 2017|
|عضو جمع آوری عواید at DABS||Kabul||26 Nov 2017|
|(عضو جمع آوری عواید (کارم.. at DABS||Kabul||24 Nov 2017|
|Financial Analyst at Office of Senior Advisor to the President of Afghani..||Kabul||02 Dec 2017|
|Internal Auditor/Compliance Officer at Afghan Social Marketing Organizati..||Kabul||30 Nov 2017|
|Machinery Controller Officer at Aziz Group||Kabul||31 Dec 2017|
|Finance Analyst at Youth in Action Consulting Company||Multi Cities||15 Apr 2018|
|Female Finance Analyst at Youth in Action Consulting Company||Multi Cities||15 Aug 2018|