Alternative Development Coordinator(919 Views)
The Alternative Development Sub-Programme of UNODC is a three years program which's designed to support and develop alternative development interventions in accordance with Government of the Islamic Republic of Afghanistan (GoIRA) and UNODC policies and strategies. The programme provides support on three fronts: The sub-programme provides support on three fronts:
Implementing multifaceted community-based innovative Alternate Development (AD) projects with an active community-led Counter-Narcotics (CN) element. This involves (a) support for the MCN strategy to expand the Food Zone Concept to other CN-Priority Provinces, and (b) support for small-scale innovative AD concepts across the country.
Strengthening GIRoA capacity on AD policy development, program planning and monitoring,
Improving coordination of AD-related work between the government and non-government stakeholders.
Under the overall supervision of the National program officer( technical), the Provincial Coordinator (PC) represents, facilitates and supports the overall implementation of the UNODC AD programmes and performs advisory, coordination, monitoring and liaison functions, in the respective regions.
|Date Posted:||13 Sep 2017||Reference:||001|
|Closing Date:||24 Sep 2017||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||6||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Economic Growth||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per company salary scale|
|Contract Type:||Long-term||Years of Experience:||5 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||1 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
Duties and Responsibilities
1) Management, leadership and coordination
• Responsible for the overall management of the UNODC regional office
• Facilitate partnerships between National partners across different provinces
• Liaising with the partners at the project sites
• Supporting TWG meetings at the provincial level
• Facilitation of conferences, seminars, workshops and training events planned by UNODC and Ministerial Partners at provincial level.
• Provide updates to COAFG/RP on new developments (Counter Narcotics, security etc.) in the respective zones
• Maintaining close coordination and cooperation with UN agencies, Aid organizations and Government related offices and stakeholders on CN issues
• Facilitate arrangements for UNODC official field missions
• Develop, maintain and strengthen the programmes’ contacts with Government Counterparts, NGOs, and UN agencies working in the region.
• Provide technical support to provincial directorates of the Government on alternative development and drug control matters
• Liaise between UNODC and provincial directorates of the Government and keep them informed on developments related to drug control and UNODC activities in the region.
• Coordinate UNODC programme activities with Government Counterparts, UN agencies, aid organizations and NGOs in the Southern Region.
• Attend UN and NGOs regional coordination meetings and report the main outcome of the meetings to the Kabul office.
• Support the central AD team in the identification of community based AD interventions
• Identify areas and innovative approaches that may be utilized and employed by UNODC and MCN for Alternative Development programming.
2) Monitoring, Evaluation and Reporting
• Track project monitoring and evaluation plan of the projects in line with project share her/his findings with UNODC CoAfg
• Ensure Project M&E Plan has been executed in the Provincial levels.
• Prepare Output Monitoring Report against project Output Project Indicators and provide information on achievement against the Indicators in monthly basis to UNODC CoAfg.
• Provide variance analysis of achievement against each output indicators in monthly basis and share it with UNODC CoAf
• Crosscheck and verify output monitoring data collect by implementing partners and share its findings with concerned respective team members.
• Organize/conduct field visits to monitor program activities/ interventions against project quality benchmark (minimum standards); share monitoring reports in line with preset quality benchmark findings and prepare action plan jointly with program implementation team in Kabul
• Ensure that the monitoring action plan tracker has been maintained and has also been successfully updated in a monthly basis.
• Conduct joint monitoring in coordination with implementing partners and produce its report and share it with UNODC CoAfg.
• Provide feedback to partners and programme teams on projects’ performance based on monitoring data findings
• Ensure that data and information collected by projects and programs are of quality by designing an effective Data Quality Assurance Mechanism
• Capacity building of implementation partners in the Provinces on quality data collection, compilation and analysis through regular coaching, mentoring and training
• Provide bi-monthly output monitoring report to the project coordinator and UNODC CoAfg
• Monitoring Experience
• Community mobilization Experiences
• Data Analysis skills
• Experience with UN Agencies
• Good photographer
• University degree in Social Sciences, Agriculture, Rural Development and Economics or in a related discipline is mandatory - Master degree is preferred.
• Minimum of 5 to 7 years of professional experience in project management, implementation and monitoring with INGOs/NGOs
• Proficiency in written and spoken English and excellent knowledge of Afghanistan’s official languages (Pashto and Dari) are required.
• Good Computer Literacy (Office package)
• Excellent Communication Skills
• Excellent Training and Coaching Skills
Afghanistan - Badakhshan
Afghanistan - Balkh
Afghanistan - Bamian
Afghanistan - Herat
Afghanistan - Kandahar
Afghanistan - Nangarhar
- Please submit your application to both of the below emails:
- Or contact to:
+93 (0) 774588000
|More jobs in this category|
|عضو خدمات مشتريان at DABS/KBD||Kabul||30 Sep 2017|
|Monitoring and Evaluation Assistant at AYNSO||Multi Cities||24 Sep 2017|