Monitoring and Evaluation Assistant(1555 Views)
The Alternative Development Sub-Programme of UNODC is designed to support and develop alternative development interventions in accordance with Government of the Islamic Republic of Afghanistan (GoIRA) and UNODC policies and strategies. The programme provides support on three fronts: The sub-programme provides support on three fronts:
1. Implementing multifaceted community-based innovative Alternate Development (AD) projects with an active community-led Counter-Narcotics (CN) element. This involves (a) support for the MCN strategy to expand the Food Zone Concept to other CN-Priority Provinces, and (b) support for small-scale innovative AD concepts across the country.
2. Strengthening GIRoA capacity on AD policy development, program planning and monitoring,
3. Improving coordination of AD-related work between the government and non-government stakeholders.
The monitoring and evaluation assistant will be placed within the target provinces to monitor and ensure that all UNODC AD projects in partnership with MAIL, MCN and IDLG at provincial and district level are continually monitored; lessons are documented and communicated to inform ongoing implementation and future programming. Also, monitoring and evaluation assistants will guide, advice, and support building of the capacities of field teams in these areas in order to achieve outcome/impact focused projects and accountability to beneficiaries in line with UNODC AD and donor policies and practices, and will maintain a central and systematic information management system whereby relevant project information, data and lessons of programs are accessible for use as required.
The M&E Assistant is placed within the target provinces to monitor the UNODC AD projects on day to day basis in partnership with MAIL, MCN and IDLG at provincial and district level.
Duty Station: Jawzjan, Samangan, Bayman, Wardak, Panjshir, Nangarhar, Takhar,
Parwan, Paktia, Paktika, Nimroz, Helmand and Urzgan
|Date Posted:||13 Sep 2017||Reference:||002|
|Closing Date:||24 Sep 2017||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||13||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Economic Growth||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per company salary scale|
|Contract Type:||Long-term||Years of Experience:||3 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||1 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
Duties and Responsibilities
The M&E Assistant will work under the overall supervision of the Provincial Coordinator and immediate supervision of the National Programme Coordinator. In particular the incumbent will undertake the following duties and responsibilities
1) track project monitoring and evaluation plan of the projects in line with project share her/his findings with UNODC CoAf
2) Prepare detailed calendar of project monitoring activities
3) Ensure Project M&E Plan has been executed in the Provincial levels.
4) Prepare Output Monitoring Report against project Output Project Indicators and provide information on achievement against the Indicators in monthly basis to provincial project coordinator.
5) In consultation with the program coordinator provide variance analysis of achievement against each output indicators in quarterly basis and share it with UNODC CoAf
6) Crosscheck and verify output monitoring data collect by implementing partners and share its findings with concerned respective team members.
Travels to Provinces
Require Travels to Provinces
- Good communication skills
- Research experience
- Experience with UN Agencies
- Good photographer
1) Provides M&E related support and guidance for the overall management of AD Programs and projects run by the MAIL, MCN and IDLG at provincial and district level.
2) Maintain and develop day-to-day contacts with district level authorities and ensure the prompt sharing of information
3) Organize/conduct field visits to monitor program activities/ interventions against project minimum standards; share monitoring reports in line with preset minimum standards findings and prepare action plan jointly with program coordinator.
4) Ensure that the monitoring action plan tracker has been maintained and has also been successfully updated in a monthly basis.
5) Conduct follow-up monitoring visits to materialize action agreed in action plan tracker and maintain 'Monitoring - Action Plan Tracker' at field level.
6) Conduct joint monitoring in coordination with implementing partners and produce its report and share it with UNODC CoAfg.
7) Provide feedback to partners and programme teams on projects’ performance based on monitoring data findings
8) Conduct outcome monitoring in order to track the progress of project against outcome indicators (this will happen in six monthly basis)
Data Quality Assurance
1) Ensure that data and information collected by projects and programs are of quality by designing an effective Data Quality Assurance Mechanism
2) Implement Data Quality Assurance Mechanism to ensure that data is verified and validated at the source of data collection and make reports to document quality of data for all projects
3) Technically supports program team with data coding, shorting and editing
4) Ensures whether data entry has been done in the prescribed template or not.
5) Cross-check data entry and support program team to maintain the quality of data (by ensuring not more than 5% error between data entry sheet and hard copy).
• Prepare quarterly monitoring reports (output and quality) to the project to UNODC CoAfg
• Assist AD Coordinator to prepare quarterly program report
- Bachelor degree in social science, economic, agriculture is required
- Three years monitoring and evaluation experiences is required
- Computer literacy( Excel, Access, SPSS) is required,
- Excellent written and spoken English
- Data analysis skill is required
Afghanistan - Bamian
Afghanistan - Helmand
Afghanistan - Jawzjan
Afghanistan - Nangarhar
Afghanistan - Nimruz
Afghanistan - Oruzgan
Afghanistan - Paktia
Afghanistan - Panjshir
Afghanistan - Parwan
Afghanistan - Samangan
Afghanistan - Takhar
Afghanistan - Wardak
Afghanistan - Paktika
- Please submit your application to both of the below emails:
- Or contact to:
+93 (0) 774588000
|More jobs in this category|
|عضو خدمات مشتريان at DABS/KBD||Kabul||30 Sep 2017|
|Alternative Development Coordinator at AYNSO||Multi Cities||24 Sep 2017|