Engineer - VAS(1304 Views)
About MTN Afghanistan
MTN Afghanistan is the subsidiary company of MTN Group operating in 22 countries with a subscriber base of over 200 Millions. MTN provides GSM services in Afghanistan. We are looking for qualified and experienced candidates to fill the vacant position(s).
- Responsible to provide technical assistance for operation, configuration implementation and maintenance procedures for the Value Added Services (VAS).
- Participate in the safe integration, introduction & development of peripheral systems or services and establish the technical acceptance for the network.
- Develops solution taking into consideration the company’s priorities, each individual’s skills, the urgency of the project/problem.
- Participate in training's and meetings with other departments and study the functionality and evolution for VAS.
|Date Posted:||14 Sep 2017||Reference:||MTNA - HR 2017 - 09|
|Closing Date:||22 Sep 2017||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||IT||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Salary Range:||As per company salary scale|
|Contract Type:||Permanent||Years of Experience:||3 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||0 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||No|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
• Preventive maintenance tasks in order to achieve high QoS and to minimize the service outages of VAS systems.
• Coordinate and discuss with the VAS Manager about the results in order to meet with the needs of the department.
• Supports requests of other teams of IT for creation and management of particular post processing tools and reports.
• Generates regular and outstanding reports about all ongoing and planned activities.
• Responsible for configuration, implementation and integration related to any new requirement, expansions or installation (hardware & software).
• Daily operation and maintenance supervision upon the VAS and ability to identify and troubleshoot problems and realizes important problems/issues, the severity of their consequences. Develops solution taking into consideration the company’s priorities, each individual’s skills, and the urgency of the problem. Refer unusual system/network behavior to the VAS Manager in order to deliver the services required by the company’s standards.
• Provide feedback and coordinates accordingly for the new installations (services/systems or hardware) that are planned to be integrated within the network or to be supported by the section.
• Coordinate and participate in meetings with Planning, IT/Provisioning, Switching Access Network, Customer Care, Sales and Marketing in order to provide technical assistance of implementation or integration of new services or platforms within the network.
• Responsible of the roll out procedures for installation, integration or upgrade new or existing services (systems) on the system/services network.
• Responsible to provide and organize user administration in all Services and Systems and of system queries and applications.
• Provide second level of support towards Customer Care.
• Responsible for configuration and implementation related to any new requirement or expansions (hardware & software) for the VAS.
• Provide 24/7 on call support.
• Complete all internal and external training, study of all relevant network elements and technologies that compose the VAS network.
• Check that procedures are not breached (ex: no destination is defined without the existence of a signed form)
• Propose task automation and checking procedures
• Coordinate integration activities between the CS solutions with the core network, the LAN, VAS and the third party content providers.
• Ensure timely delivery of content through IN/VAS solutions
• Operation and Maintenance of the hardware and software of IN/VAS nodes
• Second level support for customer care.
• Ensure timely backups of all the important data in the IN/VAS nodes
• 2nd Level Incident Management
• Problem Management
• Knowledge of PLSQL and UNIX shell programming
• Strong computer skills with knowledge of MS Office, especially Excel
• Knowledge of business and management principles
• Understanding of external best practice in specialist field
• Good financial knowledge with a natural feel for numbers
• Understanding order management, provisioning, billing and service level support
• Knowledge of Managed Service Telecom Operations Practice
• IT/Telecom service understanding
• Presentation & Communication
• Knowledge sharing with stakeholders
• Problem Solving & strategic thinking
• Ericsson/ Huawei/Apliman platform Knowledge
Skills / Behavioral qualities:
• Willing in working within teams and contributes in very effective manner to overall team effectiveness
• Able to maintain high accuracy levels and work following quality standards.
• Motivated person, able to work with the same commitment even when the circumstances are limited & pressing
Engineering degree level (minimum 4-years based) Or BSc (Bachelor) in Computing Science
Minimum of 1 year of experience in the field of telecommunication
• High technical training and awareness; ongoing IT seminars
Afghanistan - Kabul
Bachelors Degree, IT
Interested Afghan Nationals can send their applications and resumes (with three valid references) by September 22, 2017.
Please mention the name of the position you are applying in your email subject line.
Applications received after the deadline and those, which do not meet the requirements mentioned above, will not be considered.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for the interview (s).
|More jobs in this category|
|IT Officer at Universal Eagle Tracking Co||Kabul||25 Nov 2017|
|Senior Microsoft Project Training Specialist at UMASS - USWDP||Kabul||23 Nov 2017|
|Information Technicality (IT) Senior Adviser at Ministry of Public Health||Kabul||22 Nov 2017|
|(کارشناس ارشد (انکشاف سیس.. at ACD||Kabul||28 Nov 2017|
|Information Technology Manager (IT Manager) at American University of Afg..||Kabul||28 Nov 2017|
|Software Engineer at Ministry of communication and IT||Kabul||22 Nov 2017|
|Network System Engineer at Ministry of communication and IT||Kabul||22 Nov 2017|
|Head of Software Engineering unit at Ministry of communication and IT||Kabul||22 Nov 2017|
|Head of Network unit at Ministry of communication and IT||Kabul||22 Nov 2017|
|ICDL/Computer literacy Instructor at American University of Afghanistan||Kabul||27 Nov 2017|
|PDI IT Unit Assistant and Instructor at American University of Afghanista..||Kabul||27 Nov 2017|
|IT Services Manager at American University of Afghanistan||Kabul||27 Nov 2017|
|IT Workshop Assistant (Bakhtar Bank Head Offi.. at Bakhtar Bank||Kabul||26 Nov 2017|
|Workshop Engineer (Bakhtar Bank Head Office) at Bakhtar Bank||Kabul||25 Nov 2017|
|Aptech Afghanistan require Windows Server and.. at ARIF AZIM CO. LTD.||Kabul||28 Nov 2017|
|تکنیشن کمره امنیتی CCTV came.. at East Power Engineering..||Kabul||30 Dec 2017|