TECHNICAL TEAM LEAD(1152 Views)
DAI is implementing the USAID funded program Women in the Economy (WIE) across the five major population centers in the regional economic zones (Kabul, Mazar, Heart, Jalalabad and Kandahar) in Afghanistan. The primary objective of Women in the Economy is to enable educated Afghan women between the ages of 18 and 30 to increase their participation in the mainstream, formal economy by securing employment with advancement potential and by helping grow revenues for businesses owned by women or that employ women as 10% or more of their staffs.
The Technical Team Lead will help to guide and coordinate Program activities at the region, develop and implement plans to reach regional targets and WIE objectives, seeks stakeholders, community and beneficiaries support by improving and increasing business rapports. S/he will supervise regional team of technical employees to ensure quality control and oversee building the capacity of local stakeholders and Program partners. Represents WIE at the regional USAID, Govt. and other partners meeting and events, responsible for quality outreach and communications activities including reporting and provides back-up support to the SRM, and take lead in his absence.
|Date Posted:||14 Sep 2017||Reference:||DAI/WIE|
|Closing Date:||28 Sep 2017||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Female|
|Functional Area:||Programme||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per NTA Salary Scale Policy|
|Contract Type:||Long-term||Years of Experience:||5 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||1 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
OBJECTIVE AND DUTIES:
• Undertakes proactive community outreach and relations building particularly with parents and women-led/focused organizations with the purpose to identify opportunities for advancing the objectives of WIE.
• Identify opportunities and propose activities that increase WIE involvement with beneficiaries and Program partners.
• Liaise with academic and vocational institutes and other types of service organizations to enroll female university and high school students and graduates to coordinate effective career development and job services.
• Maintain good cooperative relation with the national and provincial authorities, USAID relevant agencies, NGOs and other stakeholders as needed. Represent WIE in regional meetings and events particularly in women gathering.
• Manages regional activity portfolios in order to achieve regional Program targets.
• Collaborates with Kabul based Component Teams on the design/implementation of activities in regions and ensure that SOPs and procedures are implemented by the regional team.
• Continuously assesses program progress, identifies implementation issues, and improves program activities, including providing feedback to and sourcing support from the Kabul main office.
• Ensures adherence to program administrative procedures and guidelines, exercises quality control of service delivery, and provides technical support to case officers at regional level.
• Continuously build capacities of the regional technical team to meet qualitative and quantitative targets.
• Participate in community outreach activities and innovate and explore ideas to improves Program relations and design activities that help to achieve Program objectives.
• Able to travel for project tasks to Kabul and other provinces.
• In absence of the SRM takes lead in project operational management activities, and facilitates better communications (reporting), outreach other communication related activities.
• Any other task assigned by the line manager.
Travels to Provinces
Require Travels to Provinces
• Bachelor’s degree and five years of experience in business development services, technical vocational education and training, and/or economic growth.
• Demonstrate support of women in the workplace and in leadership positions, be proactive and excellent communicators.
• Knowledge of education institutions and BDS/TVET service providers in the region.
• Familiar with promising growth sectors in the region.
• Experience with gender issues and programming options in region.
• Prior experience on a donor program.
• Proven interpersonal, supervisory, and management skills.
• Strong communications in local languages and English language
• The position reports to the Regional Manager
Afghanistan - Kandahar: PROVINCIAL CENTER (KANDAHAR)
Bachelors Degree, Economic Growth
To apply: Please send your CV & Covering letter to below email address and include Technical Team Lead in the subject line of the application
|More jobs in this category|
|Program Officer CBM-Schools at Integrity Watch Afghanistan||Kabul||28 Jan 2018|
|Deputy Chief of Party (DCOP) at Internews – Afghanistan||Kabul||29 Jan 2018|
|Program Coordinator at Muslim English Language Programme||Kabul||31 Jan 2018|
|Capacity Building Specialist - Female at Checchi and Company Consulting, ..||Kabul||26 Jan 2018|
|Protection Monitor at Coordination of Rehabilitaion and Development Servi..||Farah||27 Jan 2018|
|QUALITY ASSURANCE REPRESENTATIVE (QAR) at Global Technology||Multi Cities||30 Jan 2018|
|Deputy Chief of Party at GoodWeave International in Afghanistan||Kabul||25 Jan 2018|
|Re-announce: Policy Advisor to MoMP/Policy an.. at Ministry of Mines and ..||Kabul||20 Jan 2018|
|Re-announce: Senior Policy Advisor to MoMP/Po.. at Ministry of Mines and ..||Kabul||20 Jan 2018|
|SENIOR REGIONAL MANAGER - CENTRAL at DAI||Kabul||23 Jan 2018|
|SUBCONTRACTS AND GRANTS DIRECTOR at DAI||Kabul||23 Jan 2018|