Walsingham Group, a Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned business, is a premier service provider of operational support, innovative technologies, and comprehensive training for our federal clients. Walsingham partners with its clients in providing multi-disciplined technical solutions for timely, objective, all-source intelligence to policy makers, war fighters, and force planners to meet their full-spectrum challenges.
The candidate will work to assist the screening and vetting elements supporting U.S. missions, document exploitation operations, and other functions where linguist support is required.
Potential job assignments include:
• Translating and interpreting during employee screening interviews
• Translating and interpreting during PCASS examinations
• 2 weeks of paid time off.
• Retention bonus based on length of time in position (1 year)
|Date Posted:||16 Sep 2017||Reference:||001|
|Closing Date:||30 Sep 2017||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||5||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Literature||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per company salary scale|
|Contract Type:||Long-term||Years of Experience:||1 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||1 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||No|
Duties and Responsibilities
• Provide foreign language support services including direct interpretation and translation services in support of local national employee screening and vetting, and other force protection operations, as needed. Objective is to provide accurate, complete, and trusted interpretation and/or translation of data from a variety of sources in order to cull out actionable data in near real-time
• Provide cultural familiarization and intercultural awareness support services. The objective is to familiarize support specialists with local customs, traditions, and culture in order to gain an understanding during employee screening interviews.
• Provide consecutive interpretation, into, from and between English < > Dari < > Pashto.
• Provide written translation of general and technical material into and from English < > Dari < > Pashto, as needed.
• Provide transcription of English < > Dari < > Pashto material into written form, as needed.
• Provide idiomatic translations of non-technical material using correct syntax and expression from English to the Dari< >Pashto or vice versa.
• Conduct consecutive and accurate interpretation/translations of on-going conversations and activities; including colloquial and/or slang words/phrases that may alter meaning.
• Provide the cultural and ethnic context of translations and interpretations and;
• Provide advice to the supported organization or agency on the cultural and ethnic significance of statements, conversations, situations, documents, etc.
• Local linguists with previous experience working with the U.S. mission in Afghanistan
Afghanistan - Kabul
|More jobs in this category|
No Record Available!