Audit Officer(412 Views)
About Afghan United Bank
Afghan United Bank is a local bank, licensed by the Afghanistan Central Bank in 2007. Currently this bank has 27 branches across the country. The bank provides various banking products to its clients and customers including Islamic Banking.
For more information kindly visit: www.afghanunitedbank.com
The Audit Officer will perform audit work in accordance with department and bank’s professional standards and complete assignments in an efficient manner with sufficient detail to ensure accurate and thorough coverage. He/she is co-responsible for assessing the adequacy of the control environment, conformance to bank’s standards, compliance to terms & regulations, financial soundness, and proper application of regulations and procedures across all operation and technology activities of the Bank (the Head Office and branches).
|Date Posted:||16 Sep 2017||Reference:||AUB/HR/017-025|
|Closing Date:||23 Sep 2017||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Banking||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per company salary scale|
|Contract Type:||Permanent||Years of Experience:||2 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||0 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||No|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Perform financial and operational audits of the Bank's businesses and operations and suggesting
improvements in the functioning of the bank to strengthen overall governance mechanism.
2. Identify risks, recommend controls, and design/perform audit procedures to test the effectiveness of
established policies, procedures and processes.
3. Gain a comprehensive knowledge of operation and technology controls, regulatory compliance requirements,
and compliance with internal audit and risk management policies and procedures.
4. Evaluate and propose corrective measures designed to strengthen internal controls, operational policies and
procedures, and other weaknesses identified in audits.
5. Plan and complete specific audit assignments as delegated by the Audit Manager according to the agreed plan
within the defined timeframe.
6. Report on audit findings by drafting suitable audit reports and presentations on key control deficiencies, non-
compliance with procedures and management policies and regulatory requirements among others, in areas
reviewed and recommending corrective action to improve operation efficiency in cost effective way.
7. Assist in follow up of agreed audit recommendations logged from previous audits to ensure their timely
8. Identifies factors causing deficient conditions and recommends courses of action with the adequacy to improve
9. Accumulates data, maintaining proper and confidential filling/records, and prepares reports on the
administration of audit missions and other assigned tasks.
10.Reviews Afghan Central Bank’s regulations concerning Bank’s business, operations and products in order to
maintain knowledge of prevailing standards needed to perform audits.
11.Ensuring compliance with internal and external guidelines and policies of the bank as well as compliance with
legal, statutory and regulatory requirements.
12. Discussing the internal audit findings with concerned departmental head prior to submitting the final report to
the concerned authorities.
13. Other job-related tasks as assigned by the management.
• Fluent communication skills (written and verbal) in Afghan local languages as well as English.
• Having good analytical and diagnostic skills.
• Ability to use MS-Office packages.
• Flexibility regarding travel to branches is required.
• Being accurate, professional and objective in the assigned audit tasks.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Auditing or Business
• At least 2-3 years experience in Auditing field.
• Knowledge of bank operation in various fields.
Afghanistan - Kabul
Bachelors Degree, Business Administration
Interested Candidates can send their resumes with their recent photo to below mention email.
Kindly mention the title of position in the subject line of your e-mail
Only the Short-listed candidates will be invited for the interview.
|More jobs in this category|
|Customer Service Officer at Afghanistan International Bank||Balkh||26 Sep 2017|
|Customer Service Officer at Afghanistan International Bank||Kunduz||24 Sep 2017|
|Trainer at FMFB||Kabul||27 Sep 2017|
|Deputy Branch Manager for Heart at Bank-e-Millie Afghan||Herat||01 Oct 2017|
|MIS Officer at Mutahid Development Finance Institution||Balkh||22 Sep 2017|
|Saria Shahzada Branch General Manager at Pashtany Bank||Kabul||01 Oct 2017|
|Internal Control Officer at FINCA Afghanistan||Kabul||30 Sep 2017|
|Loan Officer at FMFB||Sar-e Pol||27 Sep 2017|
|Teller at FMFB||Kunduz||27 Sep 2017|
|Assistant Teller at FMFB||Baghlan||27 Sep 2017|
|Training Manager at FINCA Afghanistan||Kabul||28 Sep 2017|
|مسول نظارت و مراقبت از مع.. at Bank-e-Millie Afghan||Kabul||22 Sep 2017|
|همکارراپوردهی تطهیرپول at Bank-e-Millie Afghan||Kabul||22 Sep 2017|
|Teller for Kandahar Branch at Bank-e-Millie Afghan||Kandahar||22 Sep 2017|
|Call for CV- Credit Officer at FINCA Afghanistan||Kabul||01 Feb 2018|