International Financial Management Advisor(1081 Views)
1. Funded by the World Bank and implemented by DABS, HEP aims to improve electrification rates in Herat province, focusing on Chesht, Hobai, Karrokh and Pashtun-Zarghoon districts, thereby targeting a total of about 200,000 people who are currently without access to the electricity grid. The project contains three lots as below details:
a. The construction of a 25 km 110 kV tapping Line from a new substation in Karokh (to be built under the project), Herat province, to an existing substation between the city of Herat and Salma dam.
b. The construction of 4 new substations (110/20 KV) in four districts of Herat province (Chesht, Hobai, Karrokh and Pashtun-Zarghoon).
c. Supply of goods needed to construct distribution networks in adjacent communities (to be installed by DABS).
2. HEP will also finance technical assistance to ensure timely and quality completion of the Project, to enhance DABS capacity in procurement, engineering studies, project management, financial planning for the utility, and to prepare a foundation for further extension and integration of the grid in Herat Province.
3. DABS intends to hire the services of a Financial Management Advisor to build the DABS systems and staff capacity to effectively manage the financial management system of the World Bank funded projects being implemented by DABS. Following are the broad parameters to measure the effectiveness of financial management systems that the Financial Management Advisor will help DABS to achieve:
a. Budget reliability. The budget is realistic and is implemented as intended. This is measured by comparing actual revenues and expenditures with the original approved budget.
b. Transparency. Information on financial management is comprehensive, consistent, and accessible to users. This is achieved through comprehensive budget classification, transparency of all revenue and expenditure, published information on service delivery performance and ready access to fiscal and budget documentation.
c. Management of assets and liabilities. Effective management of assets and liabilities ensures that investments provide value for money, assets are recorded and managed, fiscal risks are identified, and debts and guarantees are prudently planned, approved, and monitored.
d. Policy-based fiscal strategy and budgeting. The fiscal strategy and the budget are prepared with due regard to fiscal policies, strategic plans, and adequate macroeconomic and fiscal projections.
e. Predictability and control in budget execution. The budget is implemented within a system of effective standards, processes, and internal controls, ensuring that resources are obtained and used as intended.
f. Accounting and reporting. Accurate and reliable records are maintained, and information is produced and disseminated at appropriate times to meet decision-making, management, and reporting needs.
g. External scrutiny and audit. Finances are independently reviewed and there is follow-up on the implementation of recommendations for improvement.
|Date Posted:||16 Sep 2017||Reference:||VA-DABS-HQs/96-0139|
|Closing Date:||01 Oct 2017||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Account/Finance||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Any||Salary Range:||As per company salary scale|
|Contract Type:||Contractor||Years of Experience:||10 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||0 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||No|
|Probation Period:||6 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
4. To achieve the objectives of the assignment, Financial Management Advisor will provide services broadly classified as:
a. Analysis of the existing financial management systems and capacity of the staff.
b. Design and develop the financial management manual/SOPs and training modules based on the analysis.
c. Deliver training and provide on the job support to operationalize the manual and address the system weaknesses.
Analyze the existing financial management systems and capacity of the staff.
Scope of Work:
5. Organize workshops and interviews with DABS management and staff. The workshops and interviews are proposed to cover a series of semi-structured questions relating to the training needs of staff.
Conduct desk-based research of the current learning provision available for financial management both in Afghanistan and globally that are relevant to DABS.
Assess the design and performance of existing financial management system at DABS using an established framework e.g. COSO or PEFA.
Research Report identifying:
• The competences required of DABS FM staff to plan and execute the budgets in line with the policies and priorities.
• Recommended learning strategy and training plan to achieve these competences.
Assessment Report identifying:
• The strengths and weaknesses of the design of the existing FM system.
• The extent of compliance with the existing FM system.
• Recommendations to redesign and reengineer the FM system and processes to achieve the desired objectives, mentioned above.
6. Design and develop the financial management manual/SOPs and training modules based on the analysis.
Based on the learning strategy and training plan developed during the analysis phase and approved by DABS management; i) develop training modules; ii) coordinate with academic institutions to schedule trainings; and, iii) prepare one year training schedule providing staff details and trainings to be provided.
Prepare a financial management manual based on assessment of DABS FM systems and staff capacity. The manual should be complied with government and DABS rules and regulations as well as international best practices and frameworks. The manual should be a ‘How to’ guide for FM and at minimum:
• Lay out roles and responsibilities of FM staff including job descriptions;
• Document the policies and procedures relating to FM function in order to ensure uniformity in financial activities;
• Document various FM processes including flow charts and service standards;
• Guide preparation of realistic budget estimates;
• Specify internal controls for budget execution as well as asset, inventory and contract management.
• Facilitate the preparation of annual financial statements, periodic financial reports, special analysis and information reports;
• Facilitate compliance with all the relevant laws and regulations of the respective governments, terms & conditions of Grant Agreements, Project Agreements and other relevant World Bank guidelines;
• Serve as the framework by internal and external auditors to assess financial management performance;
• Mitigate the institutional memory losses resulting due to staff turnover;
Assist the FM staff in effectively delivering their responsibilities.
Training modules for the trainings to be provided by the Advisor developed.
Contractual arrangements in place with academic institutions for training of DABS FM staff.
One year detailed training schedule approved by DABS.
The FM Manual drafted by the Advisor, and approved by DABS and the World Bank.
7. Deliver training and provide on the job support to operationalize the manual and address the system weaknesses.
Scope of Work
Deliver trainings to the DABS FM staff as per the approved training plan.
Manage and monitor the trainings to be provided academic institutions as per the contractual arrangements and approved training plan.
Provide on the job support to DABS FM staff to operationalize the approved FM Manual. This will be a continuous support in all areas of financial management.
DABS FM staff trained as per approved training plan.
FM operations are performed as per the processes and service standards prescribed in the FM Manual.
Monthly Progress Report: On the last day of each month, Advisor will submit a monthly progress report as per agreed format. DABS will approve or provide comments within 2 working days. Payment will be processed within 3 days of the report acceptance.
5% of contract amount against each report (Total 60%)
Research Report identifying competencies require by DABS staff, learning strategy and training plan. Timeline: within 2 months of the start of the assignment.
5% of the contract amount
Report on assessment of the existing financial management systems of the DABS. Timeline: within 2 months of the start of the assignment.
5% of the contract amount
Training Modules. Timeline: within 4 months of the start of the assignment.
10% of the contract amount
Financial Management Manual. Timeline: within 4 months of the start of the assignment.
10% of the contract amount
Project Completion Report documenting the achievement of training plan and operationalization of FM Manual. Timeline: 15 days before contract closure date.
10% of the contract amount
1. The advisor should meet the following qualification criteria:
a. Qualified professional accountant (CA/CPA/ACCA).
Afghanistan - Kabul
Bachelors Degree, Account/Finance
1. It is your responsibility to verify that information entered in your Resume / CV that are uploaded is accurate.
2. Resume must be uploaded in the format given in the attached file. Please download this form and send your CV in this format only.(Word Format) or they will not be considered.
3. If your application document is not complete, you are not likely to be considered for the position. So please ensure that your application is complete in all respects and all the required information is given in the format.
a. DO NOT upload performance appraisals, letters of recommendations, miscellaneous certificates, training plans or position descriptions. These documents will not be considered during the shortlisting stage.
b. Applicants are requested to apply for the mentioned post in the attached CV/ Resume format only. Other than the attached CV format, our recruitment team will not consider your application.
c. A Resume / CV in English is required. It must contain your full legal name, address, phone number, a detailed description of your law enforcement duties and the dates you performed those duties (DD/MM/YY). Upload as 'Resume' / ‘CV’
|More jobs in this category|
|مدیر محاسبه مواد at DABS||Kabul||02 Feb 2018|
|مدیر محاسبه عواید at DABS||Kabul||02 Feb 2018|
|Finance officer at Ministry of Public Health||Kabul||24 Jan 2018|
|عضو مدیریت خزائین at DABS/KBD||Kabul||31 Jan 2018|
|مدیریت خزاین at DABS||Herat||24 Jan 2018|
|Tax & Customs Officer at Aeroparcel, Inc.||Kabul||24 Jan 2018|
|Tax Specialist at Emerging Consulting LLC||Kabul||20 Mar 2018|
|Exams Finance Officer at British Council Afghanistan||Kabul||23 Jan 2018|
|Finance Manager/Officer at trust construction company||Multi Cities||25 Jan 2018|
|Tax Specialist and Accountant at Kakar Advocates LLC||Kabul||26 Jan 2018|
|Finance Analyst at Youth in Action Consulting Company||Multi Cities||15 Apr 2018|
|Female Finance Analyst at Youth in Action Consulting Company||Multi Cities||15 Aug 2018|