Re-announced Procurement Officer SNaPP2(1206 Views)
Support to National Priority Program2 (SNaPP2) is a development project of MAIL funded IFAD with the goal to improve food security and economic status of poor rural households in three provinces; Balkh, Herat and Nangarhar. The project will reach at least 57,000 households consisting of 427,500 people in these provinces.
The project has two specific objectives: (i) institutional development and capacity building of community organizations, public extension services and relevant private sector entities in the provinces; and (ii) sustained increased incomes of small farmers and herders fostered by improvements in productivity and output, infrastructure and market linkages. These objectives will be addressed through supporting institutions and services, fostering increased productivity and production, and where feasible, upgrading profitable agriculture/livestock
To assist the Senior Procurement Specialist of the SNAPP2/CLAP/ MAIL Procurement Unit with the procurement of Goods, Works and Consultant’s services in a timely manner to ensure the assigned tasks are implemented within the original time schedule and project costs. Under the direct supervision of Senior Procurement Specialist, the incumbent will carry out his/her duties under the procurement guidelines of the IFAD and government for all projects financed by the IFAD and the procurement law of the Islamic Republic of Afghanistan.
|Date Posted:||16 Sep 2017||Reference:||12238/SNaPP2/MAIL|
|Closing Date:||30 Sep 2017||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Administrative||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per NTA Salary Scale Policy|
|Contract Type:||Short Term||Years of Experience:||4 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||0 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Manage the process for procurement of goods and services for creative, including supervision of SNAPP2/CLAP Staff;
2. Preparing the RFP and bid analysis process in compliance with SNAPP2/CLAP. Procedures and IFAD/Afghanistan procurement law and regulations;
3. Maintain and update procurement plan, contract files and review contracts to evaluate overall revisions, price and past performance of each contract
4. Manage and lead the identification and procurement for all office needs and facilitate purchase;
5. Ensure proper documentation is collected and vetted prior to acquisition in line with necessary rules and regulation governing purchasing actions;
6. Analyze market and delivery systems in order to assess present and future material availability;
7. Prepare reports regarding market conditions and merchandise costs;
8. Assisting in proposal-opening and Proposal-evaluation meetings, preparation of statement for proposal-evaluations, preparing contracts, etc. for procurement of Consultancy Services, Goods and works;
9. Receive tasks for procurement of consulting services Works & Goods from the senior procurement specialist and perform accordingly;
10. Prepare/review Expression of Interest and IFBs and advertise it on national and international publications;
11. Preparing BER/TER for Works ,consultancy and Goods;
12. Arranges pre-proposal conferences when and if required;
13. Prepares contract Document for Work, Goods and consultants;
14. Maintains a database specifying contract description, price, deliverables, payment terms and other relevant information
15. Prepares a Checklist for meeting important requirements of the contract and makes sure that all the necessary requirements are met on a timely manner;
16. Assists to issue change orders and/or modifications to the contracts for necessary changes;
17. Verifies, Performance Bonds/Bank Guarantees and Advance Payment Guarantees from the issuing banks/entities;
18. Any other tasks assigned by the Senior Procurement Specialist.
Travels to Provinces
Require Travels to Provinces
• Fluency in English as well as local languages (Dari and Pashto).
• Knowledge of government and IFAD Procurement guidelines
• Basic knowledge of monitoring and evaluation
• Be a team player.
• Be able to work under pressure and late hours when requ
• Bachelors or Master’s Degree in business administration, public administration, economics, or any other relevant field.
• Minimum of 4 of years experience in field of Procurement or contract management. At least one year should be in government sector. Master’s degree holders with 3 years of experience will be considered for the position.
Afghanistan - Kabul
Bachelors Degree, Business Administration
The interested candidates should submit their resume alone with a covering letter as follow conditions:
• Please send your CV along with a cover letter electronically.
• Subject line must be: (Procurement Officer-12238/SNaPP2/MAIL) otherwise your application will NOT be considered.
• Candidate’s educational degree must be attested with Ministry of Higher Education - Afghanistan otherwise we will not accept the application in short listing process.
• Please note that application received after the closing date will not be considered.
• Only short listed candidates whose application responds to the above criteria will be contacted for interview.
|More jobs in this category|
|Admin/ HR Assistant at Galaxypharma Company||Kabul||04 Feb 2018|
|Admin Assistant at BCI||Kabul||29 Jan 2018|
|CoST Intern at Integrity Watch Afghanistan||Kabul||26 Jan 2018|
|Program Assistant Parwan at Integrity Watch Afghanistan||Parwan||25 Jan 2018|
|Provincial Intern at Integrity Watch Afghanistan||Multi Cities||25 Jan 2018|
|Receptionist at Afghan Aim Consulting Services||Kabul||23 Jan 2018|
|کارمند مدیریت تحریرات at DABS||Kabul||25 Jan 2018|
|Administration/HR Head at ATVI||Kabul||19 Jan 2018|
|Administration Officer at MAIL/Panj-Amu||Kunduz||23 Jan 2018|
|کارمند ثبت وراجستراحکام .. at DABS||Kabul||21 Jan 2018|
|Receptionist at Darya Village||Kabul||31 Jan 2018|
|Admin Officer at JubailiBros||Kabul||26 Jan 2018|