Program Officer (Internship and Placement)(1814 Views)
About UMASS - USWDP
The Afghanistan University Support and Workforce Development Program (USWDP) is helping Afghanistan’s higher education professionals to manage the growth of tertiary education while improving academic quality. Building on the successes of previous USAID funded projects, USWDP is implementing activities that improve the management capacity of the Ministry of Higher Education (MoHE) and 11 public universities to ensure quality higher education and employment for a larger number of Afghan men and women. The project assists in developing learning environments that foster well qualified and professional faculty members, highly capable and motivated students, diverse and market-oriented academic programs, sustainable public-private collaboration, international university partnerships, and other innovations that move Afghanistan toward the higher education system it deserves.
Direct supervision will be provided by the Senior Manager of university support stream. Indirect supervision will be provided by the DCoP- OP. Overall the Program officer will be responsible for a wide range of administrative, financial, human resources and logistical responsibilities for university support department he/she will work with the USWDP university support team to facilitate the routine functions within the department as well as University Support activities in the field. The holder of this position reports to the Senior Manager of University Support Department.
|Date Posted:||16 Sep 2017||Reference:||395|
|Closing Date:||23 Sep 2017||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Programme||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per company salary scale|
|Contract Type:||Long-term||Years of Experience:||4 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||1 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
The Program officer performs tasks assigned or requested by the university support team and the Senior Manager including but not limited to the following:
• Develop and maintain the calendar of the University Support trainings, workshops, field visits, Job-fairs and other events in consultation with the Senior Manager and team members.
• Develop and follow up all relevant PRs, Financial documents, Admin & HR documents for university Support Department.
• Develop and maintain an up to date contact information of USWDP target universities.
• Liaise day to day business with USWDP technical and non-technical teams.
• Collect and analyze daily reports from USWDP Career Centers and make sure their queries are responded in timely manners.
• Collect and compile updates/data for University Support weekly and bi-weekly highlights.
• Collect and compile all sorts of internal and external reports and make sure the entire filling system of the department is appropriately maintained.
• Develop leave tracker and process and record all leave requests forms from university support employees.
• Assist university support staff with travel schedules to the targeted institutions. Ensure travel days are maximized by advising of holidays and calling the universities prior to planning. Prepare and process all the necessary documents within USWDP.
• Maintain the local share folders of USWDP and make sure all the relevant documents are uploaded in to the system.
• Work with the Heads of Career Centers/Career counselors to create and maintain an archive of relevant USWDP deliverables and other University Support documentation to the partner universities.
• Collect and record all official correspondences coming from or going to the USWDP target universities.
• Assist University Support Senior Manager in the process of integrating USWDP Career centers with USWDP target universities.
• Follow up on onboarding the Tashkeel positions of USWDP target universities and make sure they get proper training when stationed at USWDP career centers.
• Make sure all documents related to the integration of USWDP Career centers are recorded.
• Provide administrative assistance to Field Coordination Manager and Senior Manager for University Support in their efforts towards coordinating USWDP inputs with USWDP target universities.
• Undertake other tasks as assigned by the Senior Manager, Senior DCoP-Academic performance or Chief of Party.
Travels to Provinces
Require Travels to Provinces
• Bachelor degree in Economics, Business/Public Administration, Education, Management or related filed is required.
• Minimum of Four years of relevant working experience in project coordination with public sector.
• Demonstrate strong interpersonal skills, team work, management and leadership
• At least two years of progressive experience in admin/finance concerned fields;
• Experience with a USAID-funded project preferred;
• Report writing and Excellent oral/written communication skills in English and local languages (Dari and Pashto)
• Able to write, communicate and use email effectively in English;
• Experience in using Word processing, PowerPoint and spreadsheet;
• Demonstrated initiative and self-motivation in handling all assigned tasks.
• Capable of working independently with minimum supervision
• Able to handle multi tasks at the same time.
Afghanistan - Kabul
Bachelors Degree, Programme
1. Please Indicate the position title, vacancy number in the subject line otherwise your application will not be considered.
2. Please include names and contacts for three references.
3. Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview.
USWDP is an equal job opportunity employer and female candidates are highly encouraged to apply.
|More jobs in this category|
|REGIONAL WORKFORCE DEVELOPMENT TEAM-LEAD at DAI||Multi Cities||06 Aug 2018|
|Program Officer for MoMP/ Donor Coordination .. at Ministry of Mines and ..||Kabul||04 Aug 2018|
|Public Outreach and Advocacy Capacity Buildin.. at Checchi and Company Co..||Kabul||30 Jul 2018|
|Public Outreach and Advocacy CSO Support Team.. at Checchi and Company Co..||Kabul||03 Aug 2018|
|Programme Policy Officer (SO3 Manager - Behav.. at United Nations World F..||Kabul||31 Jul 2018|
|APPS SME at MOIA||Kabul||30 Jul 2018|
|Project Management Specialist (Democracy and .. at USAID/Afghanistan||Kabul||29 Jul 2018|
|Project Management Assistant (Multiple Vacan.. at USAID/Afghanistan||Kabul||29 Jul 2018|
|Project Support Specialist at MISFA Ltd.||Kabul||24 Jul 2018|
|Program Assistant for MoMP/Chief of Staff at Ministry of Mines and Petrol..||Kabul||23 Jul 2018|
|Project Officer at The Asia Foundation||Kabul||28 Jul 2018|