Donor Liaison/ Program Coordinator for MoMP/Directorate of Donor Coordination and Program Management(220 Views)
About Ministry of Mines and Petroleum (MoMP)
Ministry of Mines and Petroleum is an enabler of the sector’s development and steward of all mineral and hydrocarbon resources through the implementation of international best practice, policies, regulations and procedures to encourage environmentally and socially acceptable private investment.
It is the responsibility of the Ministry of Mines and Petroleum to ensure progress in research, exploration, development, and exploitation of both minerals and hydrocarbons. The Ministry of Mines and Petroleum approach is to create the highest level of ministerial competence, promote clear and transparent investment opportunities through modern laws, regulation and policies; and develop a progressive and inviting fiscal regime.
The Coordinator- Donor Programs is a full time professional position reporting to the Director of Donor Relations and Program Coordination with a dotted line reporting to technical advisor(s) as assigned by H.E. the Minister and, the Deputy Minister for Policy and Programs. S/he will be required to act as the internal owner and manager of all program related data and information for the Ministry. This position joins a team responsible for creating and implementing a comprehensive donor relations and program coordination agenda to promote interaction with and recognition of donors as well as centralize program related information within the Ministry. The Coordinator will also be called upon to assist in developing strategies for effective program and data management. The position will work closely with other departments at the Ministry including the Spokesperson’s office, Chief of Staff, Project Support Unit and a pool of international advisors and consultants.
|Date Posted:||16 Sep 2017||Reference:||MoMP/PSU/ Donor Liaison/ Program Coordinator|
|Closing Date:||27 Sep 2017||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||2||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Programme||Open Ended:||Yes|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per NTA Salary Scale Policy|
|Contract Type:||Short Term||Years of Experience:||7 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||0 Year(s) & 3 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
Working closely with the Director of Donor Coordination of the Ministry of Mines and Petroleum, donors as well as international embassies in coordination with other ministries. The Donor Liaison Coordinator is expected to carry out the following expected activities:
i. Act under the authority of the Director of Donor Relations to coordinate any related standard activities.
ii. Review major Ministry of Mines and Petroleum documents to gain understanding on the nature of interventions supported by the national and international programs with implementing agencies;
iii. Facilitate communication between MoMP and the International/Donor community. In doing so, the liaison officer shall provide advice to the Donor Coordination reporting unit on purposes, principles and projects;
iv. In coordination with the reporting unit, the liaison officer shall assist in stakeholder mapping and identify their expectations;
v. Expected to be active in the liaison organization and attends their key meetings.
vi. The liaison officer will support MoMP with strategic partners be providing top-quality advice, facilitating effective knowledge management, coordination, monitoring and technical assistance with the help of all units within the Director of Donor Relations.
vii. Identify areas of deficiencies of existing communications and dissemination activities.
viii. Overseeing strategic messaging that comes from the Ministry of Mines and Petroleum as well as the National government on issues related to the Ministry.
The Donor Liaison Office is a person that liaises between the donors, international community and MoMP to communicate and coordinate their activities by serving as an official go-between for senior officials of both organizations.
• Excellent oral and written competency in English and Dari
• Strong working knowledge of MS Excel; Demonstrated experience with other Microsoft Office suite products - MS Word and PowerPoint
• Excellent time management and organization skills, including the ability to manage multiple demands and/or projects simultaneously
• Budget management experience
• High degree of professionalism and the ability to work independently yet maintain a close professional working relationship with colleagues
• Demonstrated analytical and strategic thinking capabilities
• Experience of working with program data preferably in a government or quasi-government body
• Knowledge of and ability to use Project Management Tools such as Zoho
• Knowledge of or trained in analytical tools and software.
• Masters’ degree from a University recognized by the Ministry of Higher Education in Afghanistan and 5 years of experience in program management, program development and/or program implementation. Transferable, related experience such as donor relations, database management, M&E reporting, strategic communications, or business development may be considered.
• Bachelors’ degree or equivalent from a University recognized by the Ministry of Higher Education in Afghanistan and 7 years of experience in program management, program development and/or program implementation. Transferable, related experience such as donor relations, database management, M&E reporting, strategic communications, or business development may be considered.
• Excellent analytical, interpersonal and communication skills
• Able to produce reports and other standards documents up to a professional standard Fluency in English (written and spoken), Pashto and Dari, local language proficiency is desirable.
Afghanistan - Kabul
Bachelors Degree, Programme
Expressions of interest (including CV and three references in word file, Educational and Work experiences documents) should be sent to the email address below by no later than 27/Sep./ 2017 at 16:00 hrs. Reference MOMP/PSU/ Donor Liaison/ Program Coordinator must be quoted on all correspondence and the Expression of interest.
Ministry of Mines and Petroleum, Project Support Unit (PSU)
Attention: Mr. Abdul Basheer “Hassam” (Projects HR Coordinator)
Development Projects HR Unit, Second floor, Laboratory Building, Afghanistan Geological Survey (AGS), at Abdul Haq Square.
Cell phone: +93 (0) 795 62 63 20
only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
|More jobs in this category|
|Capacity Building Specialists - Traditional J.. at Checchi and Company Co..||Kabul||30 Sep 2017|
|WORKFORCE DEVELOPMENT CASE OFFICER at DAI||Herat||26 Sep 2017|
|Gender Manager at FHI 360 - USWDP Project||Kabul||25 Sep 2017|
|Capacity Building Advisor at Checchi and Company Consulting, Inc.||Kabul||27 Sep 2017|
|Program Officer for MoMP/Directorate of Donor.. at Ministry of Mines and ..||Kabul||27 Sep 2017|
|Program Manager for MoMP/Directorate of Donor.. at Ministry of Mines and ..||Kabul||27 Sep 2017|
|Program Coordinator for MoMP/Directorate of D.. at Ministry of Mines and ..||Kabul||27 Sep 2017|
|Program Officer (Internship and Placement) at UMASS - USWDP||Kabul||23 Sep 2017|
|Program Officer - Kandahar at UMASS - USWDP||Kandahar||23 Sep 2017|
|TECHNICAL TEAM LEAD at DAI||Kandahar||28 Sep 2017|
|Deputy Chief of Party (DCOP) at Internews – Afghanistan||Kabul||25 Sep 2017|