Program Manager for MoMP/Directorate of Donor Coordination and Program Management(676 Views)
About Ministry of Mines and Petroleum (MoMP)
Ministry of Mines and Petroleum is an enabler of the sector’s development and steward of all mineral and hydrocarbon resources through the implementation of international best practice, policies, regulations and procedures to encourage environmentally and socially acceptable private investment.
It is the responsibility of the Ministry of Mines and Petroleum to ensure progress in research, exploration, development, and exploitation of both minerals and hydrocarbons. The Ministry of Mines and Petroleum approach is to create the highest level of ministerial competence, promote clear and transparent investment opportunities through modern laws, regulation and policies; and develop a progressive and inviting fiscal regime.
The Program Manager is a full time professional position reporting to the Program Coordinator in the Directorate of Donor Relations and Program Coordination with a dotted line reporting to technical advisor(s) as assigned by H.E. The Minister, and, the Deputy Minister for Policy and Programs. S/he will be required to act as the manager of all donor related data, programs, and reports for the Ministry. The position will also be responsible for coordinating, in collaboration with other relevant departments, donor meetings, steering committee meetings and technical committee meetings between donors and designated Ministry officials, as and when required.
This position joins a team responsible for creating and implementing a comprehensive donor relations and program coordination agenda to promote interaction with and recognition of donors at all levels. The Manager will also be called upon to assist in developing strategies for effective stewardship of donors, to include proper reporting to donors, and appropriate engagement. The position may be required to collaborate with other departments at the Ministry including the Spokesperson’s office, Chief of Staff, Project Support Unit and a pool of international advisors and consultants from time to time.
|Date Posted:||16 Sep 2017||Reference:||MoMP/PSU/Program Manager|
|Closing Date:||27 Sep 2017||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||2||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Programme||Open Ended:||Yes|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per NTA Salary Scale Policy|
|Contract Type:||Short Term||Years of Experience:||5 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||0 Year(s) & 3 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
At all times, S/he will be required to conduct themselves in a manner befitting an employee of the Ministry and ensure all relationships are managed and nurtured to drive the Ministry’s agenda and contribute to Afghanistan’s economic growth.
Working closely with the Director of Donor Coordination of the Ministry of Mines and Petroleum and Afghan Governmental entities. The Government Program Manager is expected to carry out the following expected activities:
1. The program manager is responsible to follow-up current programs in order to achieve goals set for the Donor coordination unit
2. Analyze and evaluate generated reports, assess the on-going activities, communicate the progresses with the Director
3. Work on data management tools and systems to make sure that system and existing data is up to date
4. Establish and maintain relationships with key contacts in strategic partner organizations
5. Follow-up the tasks assigned during committee meetings and report progresses to the Director
6. Cooperate and instruct the program officer for the preparations of bimonthly meetings and document the findings
7. Develop ideas and projects for formal collaboration with targeted international partners, development agencies, policy, and research organizations
8. Identify capacity building needs, create capacity building proposals and cooperate with donors for the arrangements of such programs
9. Cooperate with team in quarterly assessment and evaluation of donor programs, prepare for the end year donor conference
10. The program manager has to make sure that the execution of donor projects are on schedule, he/she has to keep in mind the deadlines
11. Undertake timely forecast for the contingency situations and risk mitigations
12. Define and requirements and plans for the project life cycle and define resources for the department operations
13. Prepare presentations for the ministry and donors in order to highlight the current programs, projects and activities
14. Manage and coordinate scheduled reporting to meet institutional donor reporting requirements
15. Identify and track emerging opportunities through the institutional funding strategy and action plan
16. Coordinate overall program portfolio to ensure key performance indicators are met and program impact is in line with strategy
17. Any other responsibility or duty which is assigned by the department head or the top management in the Ministry of Mines and Petroleum
Under the leadership of the Director of Donor Coordination, the Program Manager assists in developing, managing and evaluating a portfolio of grants and initiatives. The Program manager is expected to develop and maintain a variety of relationships activities and changes within the donor funded projects for effectiveness of Aid MoMP receives.
• Excellent oral and written competency in English and Dari
• Demonstrated experience with Microsoft Office suite – MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
• Excellent interpersonal and organization skills, including the ability to manage multiple demands and/or projects simultaneously
• High degree of professionalism and the ability to work independently yet maintain a close professional working relationship with colleagues
• Demonstrated analytical capabilities
• Experience of working with donors preferably in a government or quasi-government body
• Knowledge of and ability to use Project Management Tools such as Zoho
• Knowledge of or trained in communication design and systems thinking.
• Bachelors’ degree or equivalent from a University recognized by the Ministry of Higher Education in Afghanistan and 5 years of experience in donor relations, program development or management or program implementation. Transferable, related experience such as public relations, communications, or business development may be considered.
• Excellent analytical, interpersonal and communication skills
• Able to produce reports and other standards documents up to a professional standard Fluency in English (written and spoken), Pashto and Dari, local language proficiency is desirable.
Afghanistan - Kabul
Bachelors Degree, Programme
Expressions of interest (including CV and three references in word file, Educational and Work experiences documents) should be sent to the email address below by no later than 27/Sep./ 2017 at 16:00 hrs. Reference MOMP/PSU/ Program Manager must be quoted on all correspondence and the Expression of interest.
Ministry of Mines and Petroleum, Project Support Unit (PSU)
Attention: Mr. Abdul Basheer “Hassam” (Projects HR Coordinator)
Development Projects HR Unit, Second floor, Laboratory Building, Afghanistan Geological Survey (AGS), at Abdul Haq Square.
Cell phone: +93 (0) 795 62 63 20
only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
|More jobs in this category|
|Monitoring Officer (Female) at GoodWeave||Nangarhar||14 Dec 2017|
|Social Programs Officer (Female) at GoodWeave||Multi Cities||14 Dec 2017|
|Programme Manager at Department for International Development Afghanistan||Kabul||07 Dec 2017|
|Program Director (Research & Partnership) at Afghanistan Institute for Ci..||Kabul||04 Dec 2017|
|Policy Advisor to MoMP/Policy and Programs De.. at Ministry of Mines and ..||Kabul||24 Nov 2017|