Program Officer for MoMP/Directorate of Donor Coordination and Program Management(939 Views)
About Ministry of Mines and Petroleum (MoMP)
Ministry of Mines and Petroleum is an enabler of the sector’s development and steward of all mineral and hydrocarbon resources through the implementation of international best practice, policies, regulations and procedures to encourage environmentally and socially acceptable private investment.
It is the responsibility of the Ministry of Mines and Petroleum to ensure progress in research, exploration, development, and exploitation of both minerals and hydrocarbons. The Ministry of Mines and Petroleum approach is to create the highest level of ministerial competence, promote clear and transparent investment opportunities through modern laws, regulation and policies; and develop a progressive and inviting fiscal regime.
The Program Officer/Events and PR Officer is a full time professional position reporting to the Program Manager with a dotted line reporting to technical advisor(s) as assigned by H.E. the Minister, and, the Deputy Minister for Policy and Programs.
The Events and PR Officer will be required to:
• Assisting the Program Manager with organizing internal as well as external events
• Undertaking relevant research and preparing donor profiles, project updates, bios, presentations, event brochures, event briefings, collating information for the MoMP’s online and offline presence as required
This position joins a team responsible for creating and implementing a comprehensive donor relations and program coordination agenda to promote interaction with and recognition of donors as well as centralize program related information within the Ministry. The position will work closely with other departments at the Ministry including the identified directorates such as the Spokesperson’s Office and a pool of international advisors and consultants.
|Date Posted:||16 Sep 2017||Reference:||MoMP/PSU/Program Officer|
|Closing Date:||27 Sep 2017||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||2||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Programme||Open Ended:||Yes|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per NTA Salary Scale Policy|
|Contract Type:||Short Term||Years of Experience:||4 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||0 Year(s) & 3 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
At all times, S/he will be required to conduct themselves in a manner befitting an employee of the Ministry and demonstrate behavioral and attitudinal commitment to seeing through the Ministry’s agenda and contributing to Afghanistan’s economic growth.
Working closely with the Director of Donor Coordination of the Ministry of Mines and Petroleum and Afghan Governmental entities. The Government Program officer is expected to carry out the following expected activities:
1. The Program officer is responsible to follow-up current programs in order to achieve goals set for the Donor coordination unit
2. Analyze and evaluate generated reports, assess the on-going activities, communicate the progresses with the Director
3. Work on data management tools and systems to make sure that system and existing data is up to date
4. Establish and maintain relationships with key contacts in strategic partner organizations
5. Identify capacity building needs, create capacity building proposals and cooperate with donors for the arrangements of such programs
6. Cooperate with team in quarterly assessment and evaluation of donor programs, prepare for the end year donor conference
7. The Program officer has to make sure that the execution of donor projects are on schedule, he/she has to keep in mind the deadlines
8. Undertake timely forecast for the contingency situations and risk mitigations
9. Define and requirements and plans for the project life cycle and define resources for the department operations
10. Help Program Manager to prepare presentations for the ministry and donors in order to highlight the current programs, projects and activities
11. Coordinate scheduled reporting to meet institutional donor reporting requirements
12. Identify and track emerging opportunities through the institutional funding strategy and action plan
13. Any other responsibility or duty which is assigned by the department head or the top management in the Ministry of Mines and Petroleum
• Excellent oral comprehension and writing skills in English and Dari
• Strong working knowledge of MS Word and PowerPoint
• Working knowledge of design softwares such as In Design
• The ability to conduct primary and secondary research and develop high-quality reports
• Familiarity with event management and coordination
• Experience of developing content for international agencies
• Familiarity with Mining and Petroleum related terminology
• Knowledge of and ability to use Project Management Tools
• Knowledge of or trained in analytical tools and software.
• Bachelors’ degree from a University recognized by the Ministry of Higher Education in Afghanistan and 4 years of experience in writing based profiles such as content development, PR, event management.
• Excellent analytical, interpersonal and communication skills
• Able to produce reports and other standards documents up to a professional standard Fluency in English (written and spoken), Pashto and Dari, local language proficiency is desirable.
Afghanistan - Kabul
Bachelors Degree, Programme
Expressions of interest (including CV and three references in word file, Educational and Work experiences documents) should be sent to the email address below by no later than 27/Sep./ 2017 at 16:00 hrs. Reference MOMP/PSU/ Program Officer must be quoted on all correspondence and the Expression of interest.
Ministry of Mines and Petroleum, Project Support Unit (PSU)
Attention: Mr. Abdul Basheer “Hassam” (Projects HR Coordinator)
Development Projects HR Unit, Second floor, Laboratory Building, Afghanistan Geological Survey (AGS), at Abdul Haq Square.
Cell phone: +93 (0) 795 62 63 20
only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
|More jobs in this category|
|WFD Clerk at DAI||Herat||19 Apr 2018|
|Program/Finance Assistant at UNFPA||Kabul||25 Mar 2018|
|Documentation Officer at UMASS - USWDP||Kabul||21 Mar 2018|
|Internal Coordinator SME at MOIA||Kabul||24 Mar 2018|
|Program Coordinator SME at MOIA||Kabul||24 Mar 2018|
|Program, Agreement and MoUs SME at MOIA||Kabul||24 Mar 2018|
|Need Analyst SME at MOIA||Kabul||24 Mar 2018|
|Programme Officer at UNDP Afghanistan||Kabul||21 Mar 2018|
|Project Development Specialist, FSN-12 (Singl.. at USAID/Afghanistan||Kabul||19 Mar 2018|
|Programme Manager at Department for International Development Afghanistan||Kabul||18 Mar 2018|
|Project Experts at PLACED/MoLSAMD||Kabul||27 Mar 2018|
|Senior Project Specialists (4 posts) at PLACED/MoLSAMD||Kabul||27 Mar 2018|
|(Re_ Announced) Reporting Specialist (Knowled.. at Equal Access Internati..||Kabul||18 Mar 2018|