Re-announced Coordinator(1443 Views)
Research and Development Organization for Afghans is a nongovernmental organization (sdroa). We are the implementing partner for US embassy for Lincoln Learning Centers across Afghanistan. Currently, we are operating in eighteen provinces of Afghanistan. The learning centers are equipped with computers, books, magazines and other reading materials. These centers offer educational/programs for various audience. These centers serve at least six thousand people all over Afghanistan.
The Coordinator has two major areas of responsibility – management of the center and programming.
Work will be done with the support and collaboration of the staff of the Public Affairs Section of the U.S.
Embassy, Kabul and implementing partner Social Development and Research Organization for Afghans.
The candidate is required to ensure the integrity of the LLC’s financial operations and make sure the
operations adhere to the existing policies of the organization and donor requirements.
|Date Posted:||17 Sep 2017||Reference:||183|
|Closing Date:||04 Oct 2017||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Management||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per company salary scale|
|Contract Type:||Permanent||Years of Experience:||3 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||0 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Management of the center – Responsible for daily opening/closing and maintaining scheduled
hours of operation.
2. Serve your customers in a thoughtful way and be considerate of the users at LLC.
3. Ensure that everyone has access to the center and nothing prohibits them from using the
4. Maintenance of the collection and equipment.
5. Make sure software are up to date and NO illegal software is installed, and password protect
6. Develop and post rules for patrons and ensure their implementation.
7. Work closely with local U.S. Government representative.
8. Enhance center staff capacity through timely feedback and training as needed.
9. Establish and maintain effective working relations with host institution, educational institutions,
the Embassy, and local government officials.
10. Responsible for creating and conducting program activities to include speakers, discussion
groups, cultural events, and regular classes in English, computer training and any other topic of
interest to the local population.
11. Attract volunteers and diverse speakers for programs.
12. Frequently conduct outreach activities (e.g. fliers, event notification, visits to schools)
13. Participate in the online community of American Corners.
14. Work to improve operations and outreach to result in increased user attendance at LLCs and at
15. Develop, compile and coordinate yearly activity calendar.
16. Develop and send activity reports to Kabul as required.
Budget Management and financial reporting:
17. Manage center procurement as per standards.
18. Check and review all financial documents and see that all financial transactions are sufficiently
19. Ensure that all policies and procedures are adhered to.
20. Enter all processed financial transactions into the computerized system and ensure its accuracy
21. Assist Kabul management in reconciliation of other financial reports.
22. Maintain files for vouchers and other departmental correspondence.
23. Any other assignment given to him by his/her supervisor.
1. Most importantly, the Coordinator should be someone who is creative, energetic, reliable, and
full of initiative.
2. Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing in English, Dari and Pashtu.
3. Ability to maintain library programs and collections and access the resource needs of library
4. Skill in working with youth and providing youth training.
5. Computer skills including Microsoft Office applications and Internet research.
6. Ability to do long term planning, budget preparation and report writing.
7. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from the Embassy,
customers and the general public.
8. Some knowledge of the United States of America.
Bachelor degree in Social Sciences, although substantial or significant relevant experience may
One to three years of work experience
Afghanistan - Jawzjan: PROVINCIAL CENTER (SHEIRGHAN)
Bachelors Degree, Education
Send you resume to below email address and write the position title and reference number in
your email subject line.
|More jobs in this category|
|Tailor at Rabia Nawawaran||Kabul||30 Jul 2018|
|National Field Manager (Community Based Susta.. at Food and Agriculture O..||Kabul||15 Aug 2018|
|Environmental Specialist at HEDP / MoHE||Kabul||11 Aug 2018|
|General Manager at Jumiat Industrial Association||Kabul||28 Jul 2018|
|Programme Officer at UN-Habitat||Kabul||29 Jul 2018|
|Project Clerk (SB2/3) at UNDP Afghanistan||Kabul||02 Aug 2018|
|Global Medical Service Management at Afghan Global Insurance||Kabul||01 Aug 2018|
|Executive director: Eshteghal-Zaiee – Karmo.. at Ministry of Economy||Kabul||28 Jul 2018|
|SR. Procurement Specialist : Eshteghal-Zaiee.. at Ministry of Economy||Kabul||28 Jul 2018|
|Marketing Officer at Rabia Nawawaran||Kabul||25 Jul 2018|
|Economic Analyst to MoMP/ Cadastre Directorat.. at Ministry of Mines and ..||Kabul||24 Jul 2018|
|Contract Management Expert to MoMP/ Cadastre .. at Ministry of Mines and ..||Kabul||24 Jul 2018|
|Deputy Head of Technical & Coordination Unit at DACAAR||Kabul||28 Jul 2018|