Communications Assistant(949 Views)
About Aria Medica
Aria Medica is a subsidiary company of Investone Corps Inc. It is a young company in the pharmaceutical sector of Afghanistan with the vision to contribute to the improvement of health quality by addressing unmet medical needs; in particular, in the underserved areas of the country through investing in the production, importation, and distribution of quality, safe, efficacious and affordable pharmaceutical products.
The Communications Assistant will be reporting to Communications and PR Manager and will be responsible for undertaking the following tasks and responsibilities.
|Date Posted:||17 Sep 2017||Reference:||AM027-09-17|
|Closing Date:||24 Sep 2017||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Communication||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per company salary scale|
|Contract Type:||Permanent||Years of Experience:||4 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||1 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Suggest new, creative and innovative designs, scheme and illustrate and manage designs for off-set printing materials, promotional materials, newspapers, brochures, leaflets, posters, and other printing materials.
2. Study details about ads and use his/her creativity and artistry to prepare attention grabbing designs which suits the client requirements.
3. Illustrate and design concepts mutually agreed upon by designing rough layout of art and obtain approval for concepts by submitting rough layout to communications manager.
4. Develop concepts, and design graphics and layouts for product illustrations, company brandings/re-brandings, social media and company’s website.
5. Liaise with printing companies on a regular basis to ensure deadlines are met and materials are print to the highest quality. The designer will also be responsible for quality proof confirmation.
6. Build a strong working relationship with Aria Medica’s related departments to deliver and plan services.
7. Build a strong and mutually respectful relationship with the company’s operation departments and other relevant departments within the company.
8. Develop communication and outreach plans in coordination with outreach and communication team members.
9. Assisting communications manager with all communication efforts, including adaptation of style or format to ensure that messages achieve maximum impact
10. Support Outreach Officer in arranging main events like outreach events, inauguration and program completion ceremonies and training activities.
11. Assist field staff, cross check and closely follow up in distributing communication materials in targeted audiences across Afghanistan.
12. Collect and compile important information from the field and write small press briefings to cover all major events in local newspapers, radio and TV channels.
13. Develop key promotional messages in consultation with communications Manager
14. The communications assistant may be required to perform duties that are beyond the scope of the job description in mutual discussion and agreement with his/her line manager.
Travels to Provinces
Require Travels to Provinces
1. Good communication skills – both written and interpersonal will be essential, as most of the work will be done through a process of consultation at all levels.
2. The ability to think creatively, work in a team, and perform under strict deadlines and challenging circumstances is crucial.
3. Excellent skills in designing software such as adobe illustrators, Corel Draw and Photoshop
4. Ability to withhold premature judgment on any situation without getting as much information as possible from all sources in the time available.
5. Ability to participate effectively in complex teams of various expertises.
6. Excellent command of English, Dari and Pashto is essential. Both oral and written are necessary.
7. Highly creative and innovative
8. Accuracy and details oriented
9. Understand latest commercial trends
10. Strong organizational and interpersonal skills.
11. Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
12. Ability to take initiative and the ability to exercise good judgment and decision making.
13. Ability to communicate seamlessly with others from all levels, backgrounds, and cultures.
14. A deep understanding of marketing principles.
A university degree and background in communications, arts and designing or a related degree.
Afghanistan - Kabul: PROVINCIAL CENTER (KABUL)
Bachelors Degree, Communication
Qualified applicants should submit their curriculum vitae (CV) along with a cover letter to the following email and copy to no later than 24-09-2017. Please include name of position & Vacancy No. in the subject line as (Communications Assistant-AM027-09-17). No other documents are required to be submitted unless invited for an interview. Applications received after the closing date will not be considered.
|More jobs in this category|
|Hotline – Call officer at Equal Access International||Kabul||17 Jan 2018|
|Senior Aid Communication and Coordination Adv.. at Ministry of Mines and ..||Kabul||23 Jan 2018|