Ministry of Interior Coordination Consultant(1295 Views)
About Colombo Plan
he Drug Advisory Programme (DAP) is a leading intergovernmental association established to address drug use in the Asia Pacific region. One of its key initiatives is institution building that aims to assist the Ministry of Counter Narcotics (MCN) of the Government of the Islamic Republic of Afghanistan fulfill its mandate as the leading government agency in the field of counter narcotics.
MCN provides policy coordination for the government’s counter narcotics activities and programs in cooperation with other ministries, independent bodies, and relevant organizations.
MCN and DAP entered into a mutual agreement to improve the capacity of the MCN to perform its institutional tasks more efficiently and to carry out its legally mandated roles and responsibilities more effectively. In support of MCN’s Institution Building Project, DAP invites qualified and experienced individuals to apply for the position of Ministry of Interior (MOI) Coordination Consultant for the Directorate of Coordination with Law Enforcement to establish a stronger line of communication between MCN and MOI and to strengthen the capacity of law enforcement institutions to reduce drug abuse in Afghanistan.
The Consultant will work independently while consulting frequently and receiving input from the Deputy Minister of Counter Narcotics for Policy and Coordination, who is the lead member of the Permanent Committee on Counter Narcotics.
|Date Posted:||18 Sep 2017||Reference:||CM9182017|
|Closing Date:||14 Oct 2017||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Consulting||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per company salary scale|
|Contract Type:||Long-term||Years of Experience:||8 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||1 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||No|
Duties and Responsibilities
• To develop communications strategies with the MOI in consultation with the U.S. Embassy’s Office of International Narcotics and Law Enforcement Affairs (INL) and the Drug Advisory Programme Team;
• To serve as the principal focal point for the provision of advice to senior MCN management and the relevant MOI officials in order to enhance and improve the effectiveness and efficiency of law enforcement initiatives;
• To serve as the interface between MCN and MOI in all matters related to planning, programming, program implementation, and monitoring and evaluation of law enforcement capacity enhancement;
• To act as a mentor to the director of Law Enforcement in order to provide efficient services relating to supply reduction;
• To collaborate closely with respective MCN directorates to compile, analyze, process data pertaining but not limited to public information, drug demand reduction, alternative development, eradication, interdiction, illicit financial flows, and cross-border cooperation;
• To assist DAP in identifying the training needs of their assigned directorates and recommend the most suitable courses, including distance learning;
• To promote understanding about national goals and objectives of law enforcement policy in cooperation with MOI and to ensure that the proposed activities add value to national development efforts;
• To participate in internal and external meetings, discussions and conferences pertaining to law enforcement initiatives;
• To submit monthly activity reports to Colombo Plan using the appropriate template approved by INL.
• Strong analytical and management skills (especially in change management); proven leadership qualities, including the ability to influence senior management; exceptional interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills; proven ability to work in complex and ambiguous environments; ability to prioritize and delegate work independently and as part of a team.
An advanced university degree (Master’s or equivalent) in social or political science;
• A minimum of eight years experience in the fields of policy making, leadership and/or change management is preferred.
• Experience in advising and supporting executive management is essential;
• In-depth knowledge of law enforcement issues pertaining to illicit drug use;
• A working knowledge and/or understanding of concepts and programs on relevant measurements;
• Experience working with or at international organizations and/or multinational organizations, locally or abroad, is preferred.
• Good knowledge of English and Dari (reading/writing/speaking).
Afghanistan - Kabul
Expressions of interest should be submitted via a Cover Letter and CV to below email address. The email title should clearly mention: “Ministry of Interior Coordination Consultant”. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview.
|More jobs in this category|
|Tax and Finance Advisor at STAICHA Consultancy||Kabul||31 Dec 2017|
|National Consultant for a Corruption Vulnerab.. at Joint Monitoring and E..||Kabul||15 Dec 2017|