Provincial Affairs Advisor(3223 Views)
About Colombo Plan
The Drug Advisory Programme (DAP) is a leading intergovernmental association established to address drug use in the Asia Pacific region. One of its key initiatives is institution building that aims to assist the Ministry of Counter Narcotics (MCN) of the Government of the Islamic Republic of Afghanistan fulfill its mandate as the leading government agency in the field of counter narcotics.
MCN provides policy coordination for the government’s counter narcotics activities and programs in cooperation with other ministries, independent bodies, and relevant organizations.
MCN and DAP entered into a mutual agreement to improve the capacity of the MCN to perform its institutional tasks more efficiently and to carry out its legally mandated roles and responsibilities more effectively. In support of MCN’s Institution Building Project, DAP invites qualified and experienced individuals to apply for the position of Provincial Affairs Advisor for the Provincial Affairs and Coordination Directorate. The assignment shall be for a period of one year subject to a probationary period of six months and is renewable subject to satisfactory performance and availability of funds.
The Provincial Affairs Advisor will work in support of the Provincial Affairs and Coordination Director while consulting frequently with the Policy and Coordination Deputy Minister.
|Date Posted:||18 Sep 2017||Reference:||CP1-9182017|
|Closing Date:||14 Oct 2017||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Adviser||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per company salary scale|
|Contract Type:||Long-term||Years of Experience:||8 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||1 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||No|
Duties and Responsibilities
• To assess and review the existing policy and strategy in fulfilling the mandate of the MCN Provincial Affairs and Coordination Directorate;
• To propose efficient policies and strategies to implement relevant activities within the Directorate;
• To ensure and maintain proper cooperation and collaboration between the Provincial Affairs Directorate and the Provincial Counter Narcotics (CN) offices as well as between MCN and MCN provincial offices;
• To advise the Provincial Affairs Director on the steps to drafting proposals with further monitoring their implementation;
• To act as a mentor to the director of Provincial Affairs in order to provide efficient services relating to supply reduction;
• To provide advice to the provincial directors of counter narcotics in planning, organizing, coordinating, implementing and controlling of counter narcotics affairs;
• To advise on the development and preparation of implementation plans;
• To advise and commence capacity building of Provincial Affairs Directorate Staff;
• To ensure coordination between sector institutions in relevant provinces to establish necessary cooperation;
• To advise the Directorate on how to maintain records of INL/donor accounts;
• To advise on the preparation of reports on financial expenditures to INL/donors;
• To train personnel on reporting achievements on the narcotics eradication and monitoring visits;
• To advise the Directorate on how to prepare requests to donors, including how to format requests and reports and how to summarize reports received from other directorate staff;
• To present plans to implement counter narcotics programs in accordance with security geographical, economic, cultural, and social conditions in relevant province;
• To assist DAP in identifying the training needs of their assigned directorates and recommend the most suitable courses, including distance learning;
• To assist employees of the Directorate to accomplish duties and enhance their capacity;
• To provide advice to director of provincial affairs in establishment of mechanism to ensure relationship and coordination with local administrations working in this sector in order to implement counter narcotics program;
• To analyze and review collected statistics by survey and M&E teams to prepare reports and share the report with the NDAP Advisor;
• To deliver tailored training to the Provincial Affairs Directorate staff;
• To produce monthly activity reports according to the template provided by Colombo Plan and approved by INL to the Colombo Plan;
Excellent analytical skills; proven leadership qualities, including the ability to influence senior management and exceptional interpersonal, written and oral communication skills; proven ability to take good decisions; to work in complex and ambiguous environment as well as ability to prioritize and delegate is a must, ability to work independently and in a team.
• An advanced university degree (Master’s or equivalent) in law, economics, social or political science;
• A minimum of eight years of professional experience in the relevant field;
• Work experience in managerial positions as a public servant;
• Experience in planning, policy making, and coordination is highly desirable;
• Ability to coordinate a team in a complex work environment;
• Good team player while being independent and able to work autonomously;
• Solid analytical, reporting, and presentations skills;
• Ability and proven experience in multi-tasking, in taking initiative and working effectively under pressure;
• Excellent interpersonal skills;
• Good command of English and Dari languages (written/oral/comprehensive), Pashto also a plus;
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office Applications.
Afghanistan - Kabul
Expressions of interest should be submitted via a Cover Letter and CV to below email. The email title should clearly mention: “Provincial Affairs Advisor”. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview.
|More jobs in this category|
No Record Available!