Specialist in Social Health, Economic and Poverty Survey(628 Views)
The Kabul Managed Aquifer Recharge Project Preparation is a three year project funded by the Asian Development Bank and USAID. The project will work in close partnership with the Ministry of Energy and Water (MEW) and the Hydrogeology Department to test Managed Aquifer Recharge as a solution to Kabul’s water scarcity. As part of this feasibility study a number of surveys will be conducted to contribute to the overall project aim to improve water quality and supply in Kabul City.
Social, health, economic and land use surveys will be conducted to provide a comprehensive assessment of the current status of water resource use in Kabul. Impacts of poor water quality and water scarcity will be explored to ensure that the project outputs best serve the population needs.
A team of four surveyors will be contracted to conduct the surveys. In order to ensure that the survey data is comprehensive and gender balanced the survey team will comprise of two teams. In each team there will be one male and one female, (preferably married or at least family members).
|Date Posted:||27 Sep 2017||Reference:||PS-023/2017|
|Closing Date:||25 Oct 2017||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||4||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||General||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||859 to 859 USD|
|Contract Type:||Fixed-term||Years of Experience:||5 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||0 Year(s) & 6 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
• Conduct Social/Health Screening/Scoping Survey: Consultations will be held with community representatives (health care workers) to raise awareness of the survey, build relationships and gather Screening Health Risk Baseline data specifically about the populations that the clinics serve.
• Conduct Social baseline, Household and Land Use Survey: Utilising household questionnaires to target the population in areas surrounding Pilot sites.
• Conduct Key Informant Interviews and Focus Group discussions with community members
• Input survey data into qualitative and quantitative analysis software
• Any other task assigned by DACAAR, Head of Technical Unit and LANDELL MILLS Office
Travels to Provinces
Require Travels to Provinces
Education/ Qualification and Employment Benefits
Education : Degree or equivalent in Social Development or related subject
Experience: 5 years’ experience of conducting social, health economic baseline surveys (Qualitative and Quantitative)
Other qualifications’ an advantage:
• Experience of data entry preferably using statistical analysis software SPSS
• 5 years’ experience of monitoring and evaluation preferably in relation to social assessmentto World Bank IFC/ADB compliance standards
• 5 years of social development experience in Afghanistan, preferably in water/sanitation projects
Languages : Fluent in written and spoken Dari, Pashto and English
• Good training opportunities to enhance employees’ skills
• Severance pay: one month salary per year of service
• 24 days of paid annual leave per year
• 10 days of paid sick leave per year
• 2 days weekend
• 30 days of paid Hajj leave (after the completion of one year service)
• 90 days of paid maternity leave for female employees(after the completion of three months service)
• 5 days of paid paternity leave for male employees(after the completion of three months service)
• 15 days of public holidays per year
• Transportation allowance AFN (1500)/ month.
Department: Programme / Technical Unit
Duty station: Kabul – Afghanistan (with travel)
Required number: Two couples / four individuals
Gender: Two male and two female (Mahram Sharia is preferred)
Contract: Fixed Term - six months (Extendable)
Salary: PS-A, USD (859) including Government Tax, negotiable based on experience and qualifications.
Afghanistan - Kabul
Bachelors Degree, General
Procedure for submission of applications:
Interested and qualified candidates should submit a DACAAR Job Application Form along with introduction letter and CV online to bellow or a Hard copy to HR Department in DACAAR main office Kabul.
• Applications without DACAAR Job Application Form will not be considered.
• DACAAR job application form can be obtained from; DACAAR website www.dacaar.org/, acbar website www.acbar.org/; jobs.af website www.jobs.af / and DACAAR Main Office kabul.
• Only Short-listed candidates will be contacted and called for the written test/ interview.
• The salary would be paid in AFN according to the actual exchange rate.
DACAAR is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome applications from all sections of the society. While all applicants will be strictly assessed on their individual merit, qualified women, people with disabilities and members of minority communities are especially encouraged to apply.
Kabul Office Address:
DACAAR, Main Office, Paikob-e-Naswar, Wazirabad, Kabul, Afghanistan
Postal address: Central P.O. Box 208, Kabul, Afghanistan
Phone: (+93) 0202230752/ (+93) 0202230753
Web site: www.dacaar.org
|More jobs in this category|
|Creative Specialist (Graphic, Style and Brand.. at UN-Habitat||Kabul||06 Nov 2017|
|CHIEF OF PARTY at TETRA TECH||Kabul||13 Nov 2017|
|Warehouse Operation Assistant at Ministry of Public Health||Multi Cities||05 Nov 2017|
|Gate Guard at Social and Educational Services Organization||Kabul||31 Oct 2017|
|Hydro geologist at DACAAR||Kabul||11 Nov 2017|
|مدیرتعلیمات صحی at Ministry of Public Health||Kabul||01 Nov 2017|
|Business Development Manager at Zwakman Nabizai Construction Company||Kabul||15 Nov 2017|
|اعلان نشریه پامیر at Kabul Municipality||Kabul||05 Nov 2017|
|نرس جراحی at Ministry of Public Health||Kabul||28 Oct 2017|
|آمر کلینک at Ministry of Public Health||Kabul||28 Oct 2017|
|CBHC Coordinator SM at Ministry of Public Health||Parwan||28 Oct 2017|
|CLASS B CASHIER (FSN-08) at U.S. Embassy||Kabul||25 Oct 2017|
|Re-Announce Social Safeguards Officer/PMO at DABS||Kabul||25 Oct 2017|
|کار زده کړه/حرفوي زده کړه at USAID Promote: Women in ..||Multi Cities||12 Apr 2018|
|کارآموزی/کارآموزی حرفه ی.. at USAID Promote: Women i..||Multi Cities||12 Apr 2018|
|Intern/Apprentice at USAID Promote: Women in the Economy||Kabul||16 May 2018|