Branch Manager(1661 Views)
About FINCA Afghanistan
The Mission of FINCA Afghanistan is to provide financial services to the lowest-income entrepreneurs, so they can create jobs build assets and improve their standard of living.FINCA International is one of the world's leading micro finance institutions, provides financial services to more than One Million clients through 23 wholly-owned and operated subsidiaries in Africa, Eurasia, Latin America and the Middle East and South Asia (MESA)
FINCA Afghanistan has over 350 employees and among one of the leading Microfinance providers in the country with its Islamic and enterprise friendly products. It is rapidly growing and is currently operating in Kabul, North and West Regions.
The Branch Manager/Credit Coordinator will manage FINCA – Afghanistan Branch Office and implements established policies, procedures, and internal controls for the loan portfolio and operating accounts. He or she will directly supervise the Branch Accountants, Credit Supervisor and Administration and Logistics Officers and will ensure that all front and back offices and support personnel accurately implement FINCA Afghanistan policies and procedures. The BM/CC will ensure that all required operational and financial reports are produced and submitted on time and assist the Regional Manager whenever needed.
|Date Posted:||28 Sep 2017||Reference:||FA-KBL-HQ-152|
|Closing Date:||19 Oct 2017||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Male|
|Functional Area:||Banking||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per company salary scale|
|Contract Type:||Permanent||Years of Experience:||5 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||0 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||No|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
In order to achieve FINCA’s goals, the Branch Manager/Credit Coordinator will work closely with his team of Credit Supervisors and Credit Officers (CS and CO’s) to provide the following services:
• Develop a plan to hit FINCA’s portfolio targets. Get the plan approved by the Management.
• Manage the portfolio of clients, and ensure that all clients have a CS/CO assigned to them at all times. If a CO/CS is absent, make sure another is assigned to all clients during the absence. Make sure a repayment authorization form to collect repayments is filled out if necessary.
• Undertake daily scheduling of CS/CO’s to ensure transportation is available and clients are served in a timely manner.
• Prepare inauguration report for Finance Department 1 week in advance.
Monitoring and Reporting 40%
• Monitor how clients use their loans. Make sure all loans are used for business purposes.
• Monitor the application, preparation and disbursement for new loans: attend group information meetings, assist in approval of all new loans, review registration forms, credit request forms and loan agreement between FINCA and the credit group or individual, supervise loan disbursements.
• Monitor weekly collections and ensure that the CS/CO’s are following FINCA procedures.
• Conduct frequent field visits to clients.
• Supervise the performance of CS/CO’s at client meetings and provide immediate feedback about their performance (at informational meetings, disbursements, weekly collection meetings, and end of cycle meetings).
• Conduct weekly meetings with the team of CS/CO’s, review weekly progress report and make sure all members of the credit team are reaching their goals. Discuss problems and help the CS/CO’s design solutions.
• Monitor passbooks/treasurer books, CS/Credit Officer reports, and other FINCA documentation.
• Prepare and compile a weekly report for the Regional Manger on the progress of the credit team.
• Act as a liaison between management and CS/CO’s; reporting issues to Management and informing the Credit Team of all policy changes and management memos.
• Assist in preparing and presenting programming issues at staff meetings.
• Monitor weekly payments of the team’s portfolio of clients to prevent these groups from failing into arrears.
• Oversee the Kunduz Branch in case of arrears and sometimes attend the credit committees
• In the absence of Regional Manager monitor the north regional branches
Internal Control 15%
• Check business places of all arrears clients, and spot check businesses of all clients.
• Report all late payments. Explain the cause of the arrears, explain what action is being taken and when the CS/CO expects the late payments to be recovered.
• Report all breaches of methodology by clients or CS/CO’s. Identify cause of the breach and recommend a response to the RM (information, training, discipline, etc).
• Complete inauguration files for the CS/CO’s. Verify that all paperwork is in order; loan application and agreement contain all necessary signatures, and everything is properly and completely filled-out.
• Check and compare payment receipts of Finance Department and Credit Group Treasurers of COs, to prevent fraud or accidental incorrect payments.
• In addition, regularly meet with different groups to verify that there are no complaints about FINCA or violations of FINCA methodology.
Training (15 %)
• Make sure that the team of CS/COs has the training, information, materials and skills to complete their jobs. Discuss what CS/COs need and identify the most cost effective way of providing it. Work with management to organize the training or provide the information.
• Assess the need for in-service training within Credit team and provide such training as needed with the help from the HR/Training Department
• Stimulate and motivate CS/CO’s to achieve the goals of FINCA. Help the RM draft graphical charts to track FINCA’s progress.
• Assist in carrying out the annual & semiannual performance evaluation of CS/CO’s and all the branch personnel and provide input for improvements.
• Assist the CS/CO’s in evaluating the credit risk of solidarity groups and clients.
• Evaluate current policies and procedures and recommend ways to make operations safer, more efficient and more productive.
• Experience in team management and supervision essential.
• University Diploma essential (university degree in economics, banking or finance is an advantage).
• Experience in private business, credit, trade, or manufacturing desirable
• Initiative, integrity, self-management, and ability to work independently (while consulting with senior management)
• Experience working in the field, bazaars, or markets an advantage
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• Knowledge of English is essential
• Computer skills (word processing, data entry and data base management) an advantage
• Ability to evaluate, recruit, train, motivate and support personnel
Afghanistan - Takhar
AF AF 12
Bachelors Degree, Administrative
All interested and qualified candidates should submit their CV along with application letter also please mention the position title and Vacancy number clearly in the subject line of your email (FA-KBL-HQ-152 Branch Manager), otherwise your CV will not be considered for mentioned position. It is to mentioned that those CV"s Will consider who send Locally from mentioned province.
|More jobs in this category|
|Deputy Chief Islamic Banking Officer at Afghan United Bank||Kabul||05 Oct 2018|
|Loan Officer at Mutahid Development Finance Institution||Herat||30 Sep 2018|
|Senior IS Audit Officer at FINCA Afghanistan||Kabul||31 Dec 2018|