Network Operations Director(1845 Views)
About Asia Consultancy Group (ACG)
Asia Consultancy Group (ACG) is a privately-held international telecommunications service company engaged in facilitating the development of infrastructure solutions for disperse populated areas.
Our aim is to provide a range of premier services encompassing cell tower co-location, operation and management, network planning and design, and Over-The-Air device management, to Telecommunication and ISP services providers facings a challenging environment.
Network Operations Manager’s primary function is to provide operational and maintenance support for the O&M team to ensure the network stability and achieve the required SLA and KPI. He will be responsible for the daily performance and availability of the ACG network, its analysis and recommendations for performance enhancements and necessary modifications.
|Date Posted:||28 Sep 2017||Reference:||ACG-008|
|Closing Date:||30 Oct 2017||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Telecom/Engineering||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per company salary scale|
|Contract Type:||Permanent||Years of Experience:||7 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||0 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||No|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
• The Network Operations Director will be responsible for managing the operations and maintenance of the entire ACG network.
• Manage and lead the team of Engineers and Technicians to maintain the stability of ACG network.
• Planning, implementing and monitoring the routine Preventive Maintenance activities for BSS, MW, DG and solar system all sites.
• Perform Corrective Maintenance for all critical and emergency issues.
• Resources allocation for all planned and emergency obligations.
• Preparing and tracking daily, weekly & monthly reports on regular basis.
• Coordination with the administrative team to ensure the on time deliverables.
• Provide first and second level support to the field team in any critical/important activity.
• Managing the regional warehouses and spare parts inventory.
• Should lead crisis management and be responsible for the appropriate internal and external communication, post mortal crisis analysis and damage control.
• Be responsible of maintaining and organizing operational review meetings.
• Responsible for coordinating, scheduling and communicating all the configurations and change/modification requests.
• Perform Acceptance and Testing Process for all new deployments in the existing network and takeover for the operations responsibilities.
• Responsible for all the performance management tasks and make sure that targeted KPIs and SLA are met within agreed budget, scope and timelines.
• Preparing and reporting Root Cause Analysis for all outages in the network.
• The Operations Director will assist the planning and implementation teams for any new changes in the network.
• Manage contractors and sub-contractors for the implementation of the outsourced tasks/projects and their performance evaluation.
• Driving and implementing operations services strategy in order to achieve performance, cost goals and quality in alignment with ACG Standards.
• Manage setting targets for the team and monitoring the results.
• Arrange on field trainings for team career development.
• Establish and maintain regular communication with staff, set development objectives and give performance feedback in order to create a high performance culture within the team.
• Ensure best utilization of the available human, material and financial resources
• Work closely with engineering, Telecom, power, IT, and field operations on development, design and implementation of new services.
• Assist on network audit and optimization.
• Make sure the safety measures are met in field activities.
• To ensure day to day operations are in line with the ACG established processes and Telecom Standards.
• Defining and developing O&M related Standard Policies and Procedures
• Advanced knowledge of Telecommunication and mobile network fundamentals, standards, specifications and generations.
• Depth of understanding of common troubleshooting procedures.
• Extensive experience on Incident and problem management.
• Make technical and process recommendations.
• Strong leadership, interpersonal and communications skills
• Strong technical knowledge & experience on different monitoring tools.
• Proven experience of operation and maintenance management
• Understanding of Digital Communications Networks: protocols (IP, TCP, UDP, routing, etc.) and architecture (routers, switches, firewall, etc.)
• Strong understanding of human resources management principles
• Excellent project management and negotiation skills
• High level of self-motivation, attention to detail, analytical and problem-solving abilities.
• Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high pressure environment.
• Ability to clearly present ideas to a variety of audiences — technical and non-technical.
• Ability to calculate budgets, business-cases, capacity planning etc.
• Experience of Network Management Systems.
• Able to travel and work throughout the country, including remote locations.
• Self-disciplined, self-motivated and the ability to organize and prioritize time effectively.
• Willingness and ability to learn new products and network technologies.
Bachelor’s degree in Telecommunications / Computer Science / Electrical / Electronic engineering with a minimum of 7 years of professional experience in Telecom industry , particularly in the field operations and maintenance.
Afghanistan - Kabul
Bachelors Degree, Telecom/Engineering
Please submit your cover letter and C.V to below email address, providing 3 last including current reference is required. Also, indicate clearly in the subject of your e-mail for the position your applying (for this post use “Network Operations Director “as subject of your email).
Only those who have the above mentioned qualification are invited to send their applications and CVs electronically to the above mentioned email!
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview.
|More jobs in this category|
|Contract Specialist (Re announce) at Asia Consultancy Group (ACG)||Kabul||23 Jun 2018|
|NETWORK ENGINEER at Insta Telecom||Multi Cities||24 Jul 2018|