ANIM Faculty (Violin & Viola)(2375 Views)
The Afghanistan National Institute of Music (ANIM), inaugurated on the 20th June
2010, is Afghanistan’s first institute of music where talented children regardless of their gender, social circumstances and ethnic background are trained in Afghan traditional and Western classical music, while obtaining high quality academic core education. ANIM is operating under the Ministry of Education and has been supported by the World Bank, German Foreign Office, Goethe Institute, and the Embassies of the United States, Canada, Denmark, Finland, India, and Germany.
The institute requires a music teacher to teach violin/viola from beginning to tertiary levels, to teach music academic courses, and to assist with daily duties within the school
|Date Posted:||28 Sep 2017||Reference:||DMTVET/ C-7.4|
|Closing Date:||19 Oct 2017||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Education||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Any||Salary Range:||As per company salary scale|
|Contract Type:||Consultant||Years of Experience:||3 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||0 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||No|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
The violin/viola instructor will be required to teach violin and viola in both individual and group lessons, and be prepared to teach from beginner through to tertiary levels.
• The violin/viola instructor will be required to teach music academic courses (music theory, ear training, music history, etc.) to a variety of grades and levels. He/she should be prepared and flexible to teach at beginning , intermediate , a n d advanced levels.
• The violin/viola instructor will be asked to assist with the development of string ensembles, including the main string ensemble and various chamber groups. He/she will take an active part in forming smaller ensembles for students. He/she will also be asked to arrange music for these ensembles in order to fit the needs of the institute.
• The violin/viola instructor will also oversee the participation of violin/viola students in various ensembles, groups and orchestras.
• The violin/viola instructor will take an active role in performing in recitals and concerts in collaboration with his/her fellow faculty members.
• The violin/viola instructor will be required to assist with the general duties of the school, such as monitoring of students' behavior and discipline.
• All members of the teaching staff are required to execute their responsibilities with professionalism, courtesy and dignity, as well as an appreciation of and fondness for their students.
• The successful applicant will report directly to the School Director, who will monitor the work of the teaching staff and discuss strengths and weaknesses of the staff on a regular basis.
• The violin/viola instructor will be required to instruct junior staff in different facets of pedagogy, particularly for their field of expertise.
All candidates should possess a Bachelor’s Degree in music education or music performance from an accredited university, college of music, or college of education. In the case of the latter, applicants must have studied music to an advanced level within the education course that they pursued. Evidence of qualifications will be required.
• All candidates should possess at least 3 years teaching experience with positive references. All candidates should have proven ability to actively engage students in their learning process and be a positive role model and mentor for their students.
• All candidates should provide evidence that they are cleared by the police in their country of origin to work with children.
• All candidates should have excellent communication and inter-personal skills as well as strong cross-cultural skills.
• All candidates should have the ability to use music software, specially the Sibelius program
Afghanistan - Kabul
Applications should include their curriculum vitae with a passport-sized photograph and a single A4-size letter, stating the reasons why you are attracted to the post for which you are applying. Your application should be submitted electronically to the following two Emails.
Please make sure you write the title of position and the reference code at title of your Email.
|More jobs in this category|
|English Instructor at Yasna Development and Support Organization||Kabul||03 Nov 2017|
|Manager for Curriculum Development at ASDP/DMTVET/MOE||Kabul||05 Nov 2017|
|Higher Education Curriculum Development Advio.. at HEDP / MoHE||Kabul||07 Nov 2017|
|English Language Instructor at Bo Ali Seena English Language Center||Kabul||17 Nov 2017|
|Project Coordinator at Just for Afghan Capacity and Knowledge (JACK)||Kabul||29 Oct 2017|
|Course facilitator (trainer) at Just for Afghan Capacity and Knowledge (J..||Kabul||29 Oct 2017|
|English Language Instructor at Ama-E-Shamal Institute of spoken English||Kabul||15 Nov 2017|
|IT Officer at Ama-E-Shamal Institute of spoken English||Kabul||25 Oct 2017|
|Call for Resume at Afghanistan Center for Excellence||Kabul||13 Nov 2017|
|BBA Lecturer at Jahan University||Kabul||31 Oct 2017|
|WIE - Scholarship Microsoft Office Certificat.. at USAID Promote: Women i..||Kabul||01 Jan 2018|
|Adobe Creative Cloud Certification in digital.. at USAID Promote: Women i..||Kabul||01 Jan 2018|