Project Coordinator(705 Views)
About Afghanistan Centre at Kabul University
Afghanistan Centre at Kabul University (ACKU) was established in 1989 in Peshawar, Pakistan, as semi-independent part of ACBAR (Agency Coordinating Body for Afghan Relief). One of the main programs of ACKU includes an outreach program called ACKU Box Library Extension (ABLE) that provides libraries in a box to rural communities and high schools throughout the country. ABLE is a pioneer of Box libraries in Afghanistan that aims to enhance and encourages reading culture among all ages and communities. ABLE currently runs more than 252 community and school libraries in 34 provinces of Afghanistan located in Schools and operated by partner NGOs. Also ABLE has published more than 357 books in Farsi and Pashto languages.
About the project:
Afghanistan Center at Kabul University (ACKU) is going to conduct a nationwide fiction writing contest under various themes and publish six fictional books in Farsi and Pashto for the children aged 9 to 12 under its project titled
The Project Coordinator will be responsible for planning, implementation, and organizing, securing and managing resources to bring about the successful completion of several key tasks for the project ““Literature with Positive Messages for Afghan Youth.”
|Date Posted:||30 Sep 2017||Reference:||05|
|Closing Date:||15 Oct 2017||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Literature||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per company salary scale|
|Contract Type:||Fixed-term||Years of Experience:||3 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||1 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||No|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Plan, implement, monitor and supervise the project activities on a regular basis.
2. To identify the potential authors from different provinces as well as to from different Farsi and Pashto literary associations and make sure that the judging committee is formed on best criteria
3. Sorting and collecting of received works and submitting them to the Judge committee for evaluation and assessment.
4. Track the project activities and coordinate with the writers and the judging committee
5. Identifying of best editor (s) illustrator (s) Layout and designer (s) for publication process of six titles books.
6. Maintain cordial contacts with implementing partners and other interested agencies.
7. Arrange the judge committee meetings and keep the records of the documents and meeting proceedings for the further report-writing process.
8. To identify the appropriate locations for distribution of books in different communities and schools in Afghanistan targeting MG and supervise the ABLE field team in operation of books dissemination process
5. Assist the M&E team to conduct regular evaluation the project and its impact on the distribution of books.
6. Prepare and submit reports to the ABLE Manager and Program Manager and assist in preparing quarterly reports to be submitted to the donors.
3. Advance computer skills in MS office (Word processing , Spread sheet , Access and power point)
4. Good communication skills, rapport building skills and working in a challenging environment.
5. Be a team player who can work with multiple partners.
6. Fluency in English, Pashto and Dari language is essential.
7. Preference will be given to the candidates who have prior work experience in the field of project management in Afghanistan or any other developing country.
Master’s Degree in Literature, Journalism or Education from a reputed Institution or a Bachelor’s Degree in the aforementioned fields with minimum 3 years’ of work experience in the field of management, particularly managing cultural and educational projects in Afghanistan.
Afghanistan - Kabul: PROVINCIAL CENTER (KABUL)
Bachelors Degree, Literature
Qualified candidates may send their application, including a letter of interest (must) and CV to: Afghanistan Centre at Kabul University (ACKU), Kabul University campus, ACKU Office, besides faculty of Science. Or to the email address
|More jobs in this category|
|Writer at Afghanistan Holding Group||Kabul||31 Oct 2017|