Provincial Cricket Development Officer (Multi Cities)(1446 Views)
About Afghanistan Cricket Board
Afghanistan Cricket Board,
The rise of cricket in Afghanistan over the last decade has been an extraordinary story in the world of sports. The rapid growth of cricket in the country and the simultaneous success of the National Cricket Team has resulted in cricket being the most popular sport in Afghanistan. Cricket fans across Afghanistan and beyond have developed immense interest in the game of cricket and the National Cricket Team’s participation in both domestic and international cricketing events is closely followed and draw large crowds at the grounds and followers on Television, print media and the internet.
The Afghanistan Cricket Federation was established in 1995 and Afghanistan was granted affiliate membership by the International Cricket Council (ICC) in 2001. Afghanistan was granted associate membership of the Asian Cricket Council (ACC) in 2003. The president of the country issued a decree on 2nd June 2009 which made Afghanistan Cricket Board (ACB) an independent governing body for the development and promotion of the game of cricket in the country. In 2013, Afghanistan was granted Associate Member status of ICC following notable progress in different areas of administration and development of the game. Afghanistan obtained Full Membership of ICC in June 2017 to become one of the 12 Full Member nations.
Provincial cricket development officer is responsible for managing overall provincial domestic cricket development issues. He/she is expected to provide management support to his relevant provincial teams and to ensure applicability of all provincial activities set-forth for provincial cricket development.
The Provincial cricket development officer will report to region manager
|Date Posted:||30 Sep 2017||Reference:||026-2017|
|Closing Date:||15 Oct 2017||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||11||Gender:||Male|
|Functional Area:||Management||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per company salary scale|
|Contract Type:||Contractor||Years of Experience:||2 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||12 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
Duties & Responsibilities:
Contribute to the development of provincial cricket development strategy
• Implement Provincial development strategy and achieve its targets
• Work in partnership with Regional Manager in implementing and reviewing development policies
• Develop annual and monthly work plan and activities reports
• Provide strategic leadership for relating provincial teams
• Manage development, coordination, and implementation of a range of cricket projects and to increase participation and performance levels from the school playground to Provincial competitions.
• Deliver high quality, in school, university, club, and academy and disabled cricket programs.
• Carry out appropriate administration and reporting tasks as required.
• Come up with different capacity building approaches for provincial related teams
• Arrange inter-provincial tournaments for Age group, school, university, academy, Disabled and club level players
• Ensure that effective evaluation and reporting takes place with regard to all development planning targets
o Monthly reporting meetings with the ACB Regional Manager
o 6- interim and annual performance appraisals with the ACB Regional Manager
• Collect information for the database to maintain records of players, rankings, grounds, and pictures for T-20, one-day and two-day matches.
• Frequently monitor and assist cricket academies, age group cricket, clubs, schools, universities and Disabled Cricket at Provincial level
• Come up with capacity building plans for volunteer development
• Ensure regular reporting on fundraising at Provincial level to ACB Domestic Cricket Regional Manager
• Co-ordinate girls and women’s development involving schools, clubs, development groups, local authorities and other partner agencies.
• Prepare, submit and/or present reports/presentations, as and when required by the Domestic Cricket Regional Manager
• Perform any other duties may be assigned by the Regional Cricket Manager
• The provincial cricket officer may be required to travel extensively around the country.
Writing skills and demonstrated the ability to develop written reports and action plans in both English and Pashto.
• Considerable interpersonal skills, including the ability to establish and maintain
effective working relationships
• Considerable experience and demonstrated the ability to serve the ACB in a courteous and professional manner.
Graduation from 12 Grade with 7-year Experience in Cricket Development
• Bachelor Degree with 2-year work experience
• Strong understanding of theoretical and practical cricket issues including familiarity with ICC and ACC rules
• Ability to use personal computers and related software’s
• Ability to express ideas concisely and clearly preferably in English, Pashto, and Dari
Afghanistan - Badghis
Afghanistan - Bamian
Afghanistan - Farah
Afghanistan - Ghowr
Afghanistan - Jawzjan
Afghanistan - Kabul
Afghanistan - Kapisa
Afghanistan - Nimruz
Afghanistan - Oruzgan
Afghanistan - Panjshir
Afghanistan - Sar-e Pol
Interested qualified candidates should submit a copy of their CV along with the cover letter to the below mentioned email address.
shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview/written test.
Afghanistan Cricket Board is an equal employment opportunity for all.
Note: Please mentioned the vacancy number and the province you are applying in subject line of your email.
|More jobs in this category|
|Coordination Manager (Re-Advertised) “Indi.. at MOIA||Kabul||20 Dec 2017|
|LARP Specialist at DABS||Kabul||20 Dec 2017|
|Advocacy Manager at Afghanistan Women Chamber of Commerce and Industry (A..||Kabul||16 Dec 2017|
|Senior Coordinator Officer (Coordinator Deput.. at Ministery of Energy an..||Kabul||16 Dec 2017|