Financial Management Specialist(1074 Views)
About HEDP / MoHE
Afghan policy makers perceive higher education as a vital engine of growth and development. The higher education system produces a pool of high level human resources, including policy makers, administrators, managers, entrepreneurs, engineers, medical personnel, highly skilled technicians, as well as qualified teachers and academics, that are essential for economic development. The availability of such a pool of well-educated human resources will be of central importance for the overall future development of the country. Recognizing this, the Government of Afghanistan and the World Bank (WB) have agreed to support the higher education sector through a Higher Education Operation that will succeed the previous Strengthening Higher Education Project (SHEP). The new Higher Education Development Project (HEDP) will support the overall Government’s own effort to expand and strengthen its higher education sector.
The proposed project contains two components: (1) A program component that finances strategic initiatives to develop the higher education sector. The strategic initiatives are (a) increasing participation in universities in priority degree programs for national economic development, (b) modernizing and enhancing the quality and relevance of teaching and learning; (c) expanding the professional qualifications and skills of academic and technical staff; (d) strengthening governance, quality assurance and accreditation; and (e) stimulating development orientated research. And (2) a program operations and technical support component that would support project coordination, implementation, monitoring and evaluation, research activities, human resource development for academic managers and administrative and technical staff, policy studies, beneficiary satisfaction surveys, communications and policy dialogues. The Director of the Operations and Monitoring Support Team (OMST) in the Ministry of Higher Education (MoHE) will coordinate and facilitate the implementation of HEDP in close collaboration with its relevant departments.
OPERATIONS AND MONITORING SUPPORT TEAM
Support under OMST will cover coordination, technical assistance (TA), monitoring and evaluation, research and policy studies, and communication. The technical assistance and capacity building activities of this component will assist the MoHE to implement the development initiatives of the NHESP-II. Policy studies could include tracer studies of graduates to analyze their job search and labor market experience, as well as beneficiary satisfaction surveys of staff and students of institutions and programs supported by HEDP. Resources for communication would enable higher education authorities to disseminate development initiatives to political authorities, policy makers, academics, students, and the general public. The team would help MoHE to fine tune policy reforms, such as piloting and evaluating innovative approaches to promote female enrolment in priority programs. Component 2 of the Projectwill also finance the incremental operating costs of an Operations and Monitoring Support Team (OMST) in the MoHE.
The position is for the duration of the project, subject to satisfactory performance. There will be a probation period of three months. Annual performance evaluations will be organized by the Director of the OMST.
|Date Posted:||02 Oct 2017||Reference:||HEDP MoHE/ 016|
|Closing Date:||15 Oct 2017||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Account/Finance||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per NTA Salary Scale Policy|
|Contract Type:||Short Term||Years of Experience:||5 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||0 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
• Support and facilitate work of the Kabul based finance team and operations officers in the universities and support them to build their capacity to manage and report on funds received from the Mastufiat/Treasury Department of the Ministry of Finance.
• Manage, plan, supervise, and control overall financial management activities related to the program.
• Follow up on all financial issues and ensure the MOF and World Bank FM procedures and guidelines are being implemented.
• Work closely with the Special Disbursement Unit (SDU) of MoF in making sure that the funds are being disbursement to the program related activities.
• Having full command of the Tax law and its implementation.
• Prepare budget and do budgetary controls on a monthly basis
• Prepare monthly cash flow and cash forecasting.
• Report any mismanagement and misuse of the funds and assets to the management.
• Keep records of all M16s and any related documentation to the disbursements.
• Keep records of all financial documents for the internal and external auditors and facilitate the auditor missions in OMSU and in the partner universities.
• Provide full support for the section staff through development of weekly action plans.
• Support and facilitate the audit process both internal and external.
• Liaise with the Ministry of Finance relevant departments on financial issues.
• Prepare financial plans and their revision if necessary
• Any other tasks assigned by the supervisor.
• Thorough knowledge of laws and regulations relevant to the finance discipline and national policies and procedures
• Ability to speak, read and write excellent English, and produce project reports in English for regular and continuous presentations
• Ability to interact with senior academics and administrative staff in the university system
• Ability to work with and be a partner of a team of diverse backgrounds
• Ability to work efficiently, and to meet deadlines
• Ability to function effectively in a team environment inspiring trust and cooperation of other team members
• Strong communication, negotiating skills and good interpersonal relations
• Good quantitative skills and computer literate
The candidate is required to hold a master’s degree or CA/ACCA/CPA or a chartered accountant from a recognized accounting Minimum of 5 years of relevant work experience in financial management and previous experience in a donor funded development project, a university or in the public or the private sector would be an advantage.
Afghanistan - Kabul: PROVINCIAL CENTER (KABUL)
Masters Degree, Account/Finance
Interested national candidates should submit their applications in writing to Administration & HR Department Higher Education Development Program (HEDP) at the Ministry of Higher Education located in Karta-e-4, MoHE, Kabul, Afghanistan or e-mail their application (indicating in the subject line the Vacancy Announcement number and the title of the post applied to) to the Following email address.
given consideration. Only short-listed candidates whose applications correspond to the above criteria will be contacted for written test / interview.
Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply.
|More jobs in this category|
|Finance Assistant (Female) at Unique Atlantic Telecommunication LTD||Kabul||28 Dec 2017|
|Monitoring & Capacity Building Officer at Alfalah Consulting Service (ACS..||Kabul||23 Dec 2017|
|(Financial Reporting Officer) کارمند ر.. at DABS||Kabul||23 Dec 2017|
|مدیر جنسی at DABS||Kabul||23 Dec 2017|
|DATA PROCESSING OFFICER - Re announced at Alfalah Consulting Service (AC..||Kabul||17 Dec 2017|
|Accounting Associate at Afghanistan Holding Group||Kabul||16 Dec 2017|
|Cashier at Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF)||Kabul||20 Dec 2017|
|Internal Audit at SDROA||Kabul||21 Dec 2017|
|Sr. finance assistant and voucher examiner at IFRC||Kabul||16 Dec 2017|
|Finance Assistant at Jahan University||Kabul||15 Dec 2017|
|Machinery Controller Officer at Aziz Group||Kabul||31 Dec 2017|
|Finance Analyst at Youth in Action Consulting Company||Multi Cities||15 Apr 2018|
|Female Finance Analyst at Youth in Action Consulting Company||Multi Cities||15 Aug 2018|