BBA lecturer(762 Views)
About Karwan University
Karwan University is the leading private university in Kabul, Afghanistan. It was established in 2008 and by the end of 2009 it was awarded license from Ministry of Higher Education of Afghanistan for bachelor degree courses. Its main objective is to educate, support, prepare and encourage the young generation of Afghanistan. Karwan University has built its own state of the art campus meeting all international university standards plus our educational quality is Karwan University’s major asset.
The lecturer is expected to plan, organize, and teach in a manner that encourages learning and development in association with the university/faculty mission, and values. He/ She is responsible for overall teaching and administration of the subjects and classes assigned with display of high quality of teaching performance and class leadership.
Preferred qualifications PhD or 5 years of teaching experience
Salary range High
Total working hours per week 24 hours
Required documents at the time of application 1. Letter of interest / Cover letter
2. Updated Curriculum Vitae (CV) / Resume
3. Description of teaching purpose
4. 3 references
:Full Time and Part Time
|Date Posted:||02 Oct 2017||Reference:||KU/FT-2017-6|
|Closing Date:||18 Oct 2017||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||2||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Education||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per company salary scale|
|Contract Type:||Long-term||Years of Experience:||3 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||0 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||No|
Duties and Responsibilities
• The primary responsibility of a lecturer is to conduct assigned courses.
• The lecturer is responsible for lecture planning, preparation and research
• The lecturer is to serve as academic advisor to students
• Lecturer’s responsibility is to prepare lecture notes and handouts to the students and any other type of teaching materials.
• Where appropriate, the professor is to participate in curriculum development activities
• He/ She shall and as required will interview course applicants
• Checking and assessing students' work
• The lecturer is responsible for invigilating examinations
• The lecturer shall be required to attending staff meetings
• He/she will be assisting as and when required in general administration to the dean of the faculty.
• Lecturer will be required writing research proposals, papers and other publications
• Engage in scholarly activities, and/or creative endeavors which contribute to the academic mission of the University
• In addition to teaching, faculty are required to provide service to the university in some capacity, either by serving on a committee, advising students on academic affairs, or in other ways
• The lecturer will be needed to support the research activities in the campus as well.
• Working as per the Karwan University rules, policies and regulation and following all the procedures with strong consideration to its privacies & norms.
• Evaluating and giving feedback on the subjects, curriculums and other related tasks to the HOD.
• Perform such other related tasks and duties as assigned.
• Demonstrate high quality teaching performance
• Highly motivated
• Excellent presentation skills
• Excellent research skills
• Written and verbal communication skills
• Expertise in a particular subject area or areas
• Exhibit professional and academic leadership
• Master’s degree in business administration required or Ph.D. degree (Highly preferred).
• Three (3) years teaching experience.
• Excellent verbal, written, organizational and interpersonal skills.
• Ability to work in a team environment.
• When hired, the successful applicant is expected to provide official proof of academic documents
Afghanistan - Kabul
To apply, please send a cover letter, updated curriculum vitae, statement of teaching purpose, and contact information for three references in one PDF document to below email address. Applications are accepted in English only. Please include “BBA lecturer, Vacancy no:” “in the subject line of the email.
All applications must be submitted on or before July 5, 2017. After reviews of the applicants, formal interviews for the finalists will be set up in Kabul.
|More jobs in this category|
|Manager for Curriculum Development at ASDP/DMTVET/MOE||Kabul||05 Nov 2017|
|Higher Education Curriculum Development Advio.. at HEDP / MoHE||Kabul||07 Nov 2017|
|English Language Instructor at Bo Ali Seena English Language Center||Kabul||17 Nov 2017|
|Project Coordinator at Just for Afghan Capacity and Knowledge (JACK)||Kabul||29 Oct 2017|
|Course facilitator (trainer) at Just for Afghan Capacity and Knowledge (J..||Kabul||29 Oct 2017|
|English Language Instructor at Ama-E-Shamal Institute of spoken English||Kabul||15 Nov 2017|
|IT Officer at Ama-E-Shamal Institute of spoken English||Kabul||25 Oct 2017|
|Call for Resume at Afghanistan Center for Excellence||Kabul||13 Nov 2017|
|BBA Lecturer at Jahan University||Kabul||31 Oct 2017|
|WIE - Scholarship Microsoft Office Certificat.. at USAID Promote: Women i..||Kabul||01 Jan 2018|
|Adobe Creative Cloud Certification in digital.. at USAID Promote: Women i..||Kabul||01 Jan 2018|