Senior M&E Officer(1129 Views)
About Joint Monitoring and Evaluation Committee(MEC)
In 2010, the Government of the Islamic Republic Afghanistan (GIRoA) invited the international community to form the Independent Joint Anti-Corruption Monitoring and Evaluation Committee (MEC), to provide anti-corruption policy advice, and monitor and evaluate progress against specific anti-corruption benchmarks. The MEC was established jointly by the GIRoA and the international community, following the London and Kabul Conferences in January and July 2010, respectively, and by Presidential Decree 61, 2010.
The MEC is an independent agency, and is not subject to direction from either the Afghan government or from the international community. Following the London Conference, the Government of the Islamic Republic of Afghanistan invited the international community to form a joint Afghan-International monitoring and evaluation committee. On September 18, 2016, the Afghan president issued Presidential Decree No. 115. This changed the legal status, duties, scope of activities and authorities of the Independent Joint Anti-Corruption Monitoring and Evaluation Committee which abrogates all previous Presidential Decrees. The MEC focuses on:
• Developing anti-corruption recommendations;
• Monitoring and evaluating the anti-corruption efforts of the Afghan government and the international community; and
Reporting on a regular basis to the President, Parliament, and people of Afghanistan, as well as to the international community about the state of the fight against corruption
The M&E Senior Officer will work under the overall supervision of the Executive Director and the direct supervision and guidance of the M&E Team leader and M&E Advisor of MEC Secretariat. She/he will be in charge of following up MEC’s recommendations with the government institutions and international community and reporting on the implementation of these recommendations.
|Date Posted:||02 Oct 2017||Reference:||MEC1022017|
|Closing Date:||13 Oct 2017||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||M & E||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per NTA Salary Scale Policy|
|Contract Type:||Long-term||Years of Experience:||5 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||1 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
Duties and Responsibilities
• Follow up MEC’s recommendation with government institutions
• Collect the necessary information for the update of the implementation status of MEC’s recommendations
• Analyze and verify the collected information
• Update the implementation status of the recommendations in the M&E Tool accordingly
• Officially communicate the newly approved recommendations with the relevant government institutions and international organizations.
• Enrich the current M&E Tool and Framework for MEC
• Closely work with the Research and Vulnerability to Corruption Assessment (VCA) teams to develop new recommendations based on the findings of researches and VCAs.
• Prepare a report (every 6 month) on implementation status of MEC recommendations
• Policy analysis on anti-corruption related issues
• Update Chair and the Members of MEC Committee on M&E progress, achievements, challenges and suggesting proposal for solutions
Fulfilled any other tasks given by Executive Director
Travels to Provinces
Require Travels to Provinces
• University degree on law, political science, economy and/or similar field.
• At least 5 years of experience in governance, rule of law, Monitoring & Evaluation or similar fields.
• Highly desirable that a significant proportion of this experience be related to Anti-Corruption.
• Analytical and report writing skills as well as excellent Pashto, Dari and English language knowledge are absolutely crucial.
Afghanistan - Kabul
Candidates can apply for the position by sending their cover letter and CV in one PDF or Microsoft Word document, named in the following way: "LAST_NAME_first_name.pdf" or "LAST_NAME_first_name.doc." Supplementary documents - degrees, certificates, etc. - should not be sent at this time. The single PDF or Word file should be emailed to below email address with the subject line "Senior M&E Officer” by Oct 13, 2017.
|More jobs in this category|
|Data Quality Control Officer / M&E Officer at MSI-ARTF||Kabul||27 Feb 2018|
|Senior M & E Advisor at Ministry of Education (MoE)||Kabul||26 Feb 2018|
|Conducting Evaluation of Strengthening Commun.. at Afghanaid||Kabul||22 Feb 2018|