Risk Manager(1476 Views)
About FINCA Afghanistan
The Mission of FINCA Afghanistan is to provide financial services to the lowest-income entrepreneurs, so they can create jobs build assets and improve their standard of living.FINCA International is one of the world's leading micro finance institutions, provides financial services to more than One Million clients through 23 wholly-owned and operated subsidiaries in Africa, Eurasia, Latin America and the Middle East and South Asia (MESA)
FINCA Afghanistan has over 350 employees and among one of the leading Microfinance providers in the country with its Islamic and enterprise friendly products. It is rapidly growing and is currently operating in Kabul, North and West Regions.
The major purposes of the role is to establish, implement and enforce a robust enterprise-wide risk management framework and systems (policies, processes and tools) covering Strategic risk, Operational risk, Market risk, Liquidity risk, Reputational risk and Credit risk. Risk Manager assists Management to create and maintain Risk that supports the FINCA Microfinance Afghanistan, in pursuing its mission with a minimum of risk and a maximum of efficiency. S/he will assist Management to improve the overall performance and activities of the FINCA Afghanistan, and in making decisions on the issues of risk identification, analysis, mitigation and prevention. Working within the framework of the Company's regulatory and in coordination with corporate functional heads, Risk Manager will manage and monitor control activities and recommend corrective actions. S/he will also develop regular semi/-annual work plans in coordination with Management and Regional Risk Manager that are aligned with the company's strategic and operational goals and any requirements by external governance bodies.
|Date Posted:||03 Oct 2017||Reference:||FA-KBL-HQ-154|
|Closing Date:||26 Oct 2017||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Banking||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per company salary scale|
|Contract Type:||Permanent||Years of Experience:||5 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||0 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||No|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Support business in developing appropriate Risk Management strategies/tools and disseminating appropriate risk management practices in line with developments in the market/industry, laws, regulations, etc.
2. Overseeing and enforcing risk management policies and limits to close significant gaps in risk management capabilities (policy monitoring).
3. Conduct analysis of operations of the Company to identify risks and make recommendations for preventive actions.
4. If fraud or negligence occurs, detect violations at an early stage; conduct analysis of the reasons and circumstance that lead to the fraud/negligence, provide Management with recommendations on the changes needed to protect Company from such incidents.
5. Manage evaluation of the possible risks (including third-party risks associated with vendor selection and management, as applicable) for the proposed new products, procedures and functions, set up and manage internal control tools and instruments during implementation.
6. Create and regularly revise Risk functional procedures to ensure efficiency and sufficient risk-management approach.
7. Develop and implement annual Compliance function work plan.
8. Manage control activities and reporting of the Department, based on the approved Work Plan and requests from Management, including the monitoring and reporting of progress against corrective action plans that address control deficiencies/findings identified by management self-assessment or internal/external audit activities
9. Providing an independent view of proposed business plans and appropriate reporting on risks identified to the Management,
10. Manage regular evaluation process of all Company's regulatory documentation to ensure completeness, accuracy and efficiency.
11. Establish a system for the effective communication / training of regulatory documentation to the appropriate personnel at all levels, incl. verification of understanding.
12. Supervise and monitor Department Staff.
13. Visit to the Branches/field to monitor/check risk/internal control functions and train the staff onsite/offsite
University Degree in Business, Finance, Economics, Management or equivalent qualification.
• -Candidates with additional qualification/certification in Risk Management, Compliance/AML/KYC & Internal controls will be preferred
• -Afghan Nationals only eligible.
• - Fluency in Pashto, Dari and English languages; both written and spoken
• - Outstanding interpersonal, communication and training skills
• - Strong business management and negotiating skills
• - Excellent technical report writing skills and computer literacy
• - Strong analytical and organizational skills
• - Strong knowledge of banking/Microfinance operations and controlling mechanisms
• - Ability to Travel inside & outside Afghanistan
• - Minimum 5 years of experience in best-practice risk management such as internal audit, independent audit, compliance, risk management in Financial/ Banking/Microfinance sectors. Preference will be given having experience in Microfinance Sector
• - Minimum 3 years of experience as a Manager, supervising the team of not less than 3 direct reports
Afghanistan - Kabul
Bachelors Degree, Administrative
All interested and qualified candidates should submit their CV along with application letter also please mention the position title and Vacancy number clearly in the subject line of your email (FA-KBL-HQ-154 Risk Manager ), otherwise your CV will not be considered for mentioned position. It is to mentioned that those CV"s Will consider who send Locally from mentioned province.
|More jobs in this category|
|مامور مرکزی (IT Operation Assistant.. at Pashtany Bank||Kabul||23 Jun 2018|
|عضو عرضه خدمات مشتریان at Pashtany Bank||Nangarhar||20 Jun 2018|
|SME Credit Analyst(Re-Advertised) at FMFB||Kabul||27 Jun 2018|
|Security Support Officer at FMFB||Kabul||27 Jun 2018|
|Executive Assistant at FMFB||Kabul||27 Jun 2018|
|Credit Administration Manager(Re-Advertised) at FMFB||Kabul||27 Jun 2018|
|Compensation and Benefits Manager at FMFB||Kabul||26 Jun 2018|
|Deputy Branch Manager at FMFB||Balkh||26 Jun 2018|
|Talent Acquisition Manager at FMFB||Kabul||26 Jun 2018|
|Client Relationship Officer at FMFB||Nangarhar||24 Jun 2018|
|Customer Service Officer for Helmand at Bank-e-Millie Afghan||Helmand||20 Jun 2018|
|Branch Manager at FMFB||Sar-e Pol||20 Jun 2018|
|Junior Officer Compliance at Afghanistan International Bank||Kabul||30 Jun 2018|
|CFO(Chief Financial Officer) at Arian Bank||Kabul||23 Jun 2018|
|Senior IS Audit Officer at FINCA Afghanistan||Kabul||31 Dec 2018|