Procurement Advisor(1217 Views)
About Colombo Plan
The Drug Advisory Programme (DAP) is a leading intergovernmental association established to address drug use in the Asia Pacific region. One of its key initiatives is institution building that aims to assist the Ministry of Counter Narcotics (MCN) of the Government of the Islamic Republic of Afghanistan fulfill its mandate as the leading government agency in the field of counter-narcotics.
MCN provides policy coordination for the government’s counter narcotics activities and programs in cooperation with other ministries, independent bodies, and relevant organizations.
MCN and DAP entered into a mutual agreement to improve the capacity of the MCN to perform its institutional tasks more efficiently and to carry out its legally mandated roles and responsibilities more effectively. In support of MCN’s Institution Building Project, DAP invites qualified and experienced individuals to apply for the position of Procurement Advisor for the Finance and Administration Directorate. The assignment shall be for a period of one year subject to a probationary period of six months and is renewable subject to satisfactory performance and availability of funds.
|Date Posted:||03 Oct 2017||Reference:||007|
|Closing Date:||21 Oct 2017||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Administrative||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per company salary scale|
|Contract Type:||Long-term||Years of Experience:||10 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||1 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||No|
Duties and Responsibilities
• To review and advise on MCN’s asset management policy compliance;
• To analyze MCN’s procurement work-flow process, and provide actionable recommendations for increased efficiency while ensuring compliance with all relevant laws and guidelines.
• To assess the MCN logistics and asset management manual and develop a single repository for all policies, procedures, forms, and guidelines;
• To act as a mentor to the director of Finance and Administration to provide efficient procurement services;
• To assist DAP in identifying the training needs of their assigned directorates and recommend suitable courses, including distance learning
• To support MCN on how to procure goods and services and establish the systems, processes, and organization to ensure “Value for Money;”
• To review and suggest improvements on bidding documents, RFPs, TORs, technical specifications, bid evaluation reports, technical evaluation reports, draft contracts, and other related documents;
• To train MCN procurement staff on reviewing contractors monthly and quarterly reports and advise them identifying on contractual issues (potential claims, liabilities, etc.) and contractor non-performers. Mentor procurement staff on providing timely, accurate, and concise information to
• the Director of Procurement with appropriate and actionable actions that can be taken to resolve the issue in question;
• To assist the Procurement Director in contract compliance reviews and audit activities, and to monitor and report on implementation of audit report recommendations;
• To mentor staff in producing regular updates of procurement plans and contract rosters for procurement of goods, works, and consulting services;
• To build the capacity of MCN staff regarding National Procurement of Afghanistan procurement guidelines for goods, works, non-consulting services. At the end of the assignment, at least four employees should be able to independently run the complete cycle of procurement functions;
• To mentor the Procurement Director in preparing a two- to three-page monthly executive brief to the Deputy Minister Administration and Finance office and the Project Manager on the status of the procurement plan and highlight any proposed changes;
• To submit monthly activity reports to Colombo Plan using the appropriate template approved by INL;
• To perform other duties as instructed by authorized supervisor in accordance with laws and regulations and Ministry/Department goals
• Master’s degree in Business or Public Administration, Communications, Economics or other related fields required.
• Minimum of 10 years of relevant professional experience including at least five years at the national or international level.
• Experience and substantial knowledge of logistics and asset management within government.
• Experience of reforming logistics and asset management functions in a developing country environment preferred but not required.
• Experience of public administration reform work in Afghanistan preferred but not required.
• Good knowledge of English and Dari (reading/writing/speaking).
• Certification in procurement and supply is an asset.
Afghanistan - Kabul
Deadline for expressions of interest: 21 October 2017. Expressions of interest should be submitted via a Cover Letter and. The email title should clearly mention: “Procurement Advisor”. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview.
CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
|More jobs in this category|
|عضواداری آمریت امنیت at DABS||Kabul||27 Feb 2018|
|صفا کار at Afghan Hind||Kabul||28 Feb 2018|
|Administrative Officer at National Procurement Authority||Kabul||28 Feb 2018|
|Admin/HR Assistant at National Procurement Authority||Kabul||28 Feb 2018|
|Admin & Finance Officer at National Procurement Authority||Kabul||28 Feb 2018|
|Cleaner at ACD||Kabul||25 Feb 2018|
|Senior Administrative Specialist at National Procurement Authority||Kabul||28 Feb 2018|
|Electrical Technician at National Procurement Authority||Kabul||28 Feb 2018|
|Stock Keeper at National Procurement Authority||Kabul||28 Feb 2018|
|Receptionist at National Procurement Authority||Kabul||28 Feb 2018|
|Finance and Administrative Associate- Anti-Co.. at UNDP Afghanistan||Kabul||07 Mar 2018|
|Admin/HR Officer at GPI||Kabul||23 Feb 2018|
|Intern, Career Center at FHI 360 - USWDP Project||Multi Cities||24 Feb 2018|
|Administration Coordinator at Afghanaid||Kabul||24 Feb 2018|
|Administrative and Finance Officer at ASCEND Leadership Through Athletic||Kabul||27 Feb 2018|
|Cook at Aziz Group||Kabul||28 Feb 2018|
|Administrative Assistant (MALE ONLY) at DK - German Medical Diagnostic Ce..||Kabul||07 Mar 2018|
|Secretary, FSN-07 (Multiple Vacancies) at USAID/Afghanistan||Kabul||21 Feb 2018|
|Receptionist at Jahan University||Kabul||28 Feb 2018|