Procurement Advisor(699 Views)
About Colombo Plan
The Drug Advisory Programme (DAP) is a leading intergovernmental association established to address drug use in the Asia Pacific region. One of its key initiatives is institution building that aims to assist the Ministry of Counter Narcotics (MCN) of the Government of the Islamic Republic of Afghanistan fulfill its mandate as the leading government agency in the field of counter-narcotics.
MCN provides policy coordination for the government’s counter narcotics activities and programs in cooperation with other ministries, independent bodies, and relevant organizations.
MCN and DAP entered into a mutual agreement to improve the capacity of the MCN to perform its institutional tasks more efficiently and to carry out its legally mandated roles and responsibilities more effectively. In support of MCN’s Institution Building Project, DAP invites qualified and experienced individuals to apply for the position of Procurement Advisor for the Finance and Administration Directorate. The assignment shall be for a period of one year subject to a probationary period of six months and is renewable subject to satisfactory performance and availability of funds.
|Date Posted:||03 Oct 2017||Reference:||007|
|Closing Date:||21 Oct 2017||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Administrative||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per company salary scale|
|Contract Type:||Long-term||Years of Experience:||10 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||1 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||No|
Duties and Responsibilities
• To review and advise on MCN’s asset management policy compliance;
• To analyze MCN’s procurement work-flow process, and provide actionable recommendations for increased efficiency while ensuring compliance with all relevant laws and guidelines.
• To assess the MCN logistics and asset management manual and develop a single repository for all policies, procedures, forms, and guidelines;
• To act as a mentor to the director of Finance and Administration to provide efficient procurement services;
• To assist DAP in identifying the training needs of their assigned directorates and recommend suitable courses, including distance learning
• To support MCN on how to procure goods and services and establish the systems, processes, and organization to ensure “Value for Money;”
• To review and suggest improvements on bidding documents, RFPs, TORs, technical specifications, bid evaluation reports, technical evaluation reports, draft contracts, and other related documents;
• To train MCN procurement staff on reviewing contractors monthly and quarterly reports and advise them identifying on contractual issues (potential claims, liabilities, etc.) and contractor non-performers. Mentor procurement staff on providing timely, accurate, and concise information to
• the Director of Procurement with appropriate and actionable actions that can be taken to resolve the issue in question;
• To assist the Procurement Director in contract compliance reviews and audit activities, and to monitor and report on implementation of audit report recommendations;
• To mentor staff in producing regular updates of procurement plans and contract rosters for procurement of goods, works, and consulting services;
• To build the capacity of MCN staff regarding National Procurement of Afghanistan procurement guidelines for goods, works, non-consulting services. At the end of the assignment, at least four employees should be able to independently run the complete cycle of procurement functions;
• To mentor the Procurement Director in preparing a two- to three-page monthly executive brief to the Deputy Minister Administration and Finance office and the Project Manager on the status of the procurement plan and highlight any proposed changes;
• To submit monthly activity reports to Colombo Plan using the appropriate template approved by INL;
• To perform other duties as instructed by authorized supervisor in accordance with laws and regulations and Ministry/Department goals
• Master’s degree in Business or Public Administration, Communications, Economics or other related fields required.
• Minimum of 10 years of relevant professional experience including at least five years at the national or international level.
• Experience and substantial knowledge of logistics and asset management within government.
• Experience of reforming logistics and asset management functions in a developing country environment preferred but not required.
• Experience of public administration reform work in Afghanistan preferred but not required.
• Good knowledge of English and Dari (reading/writing/speaking).
• Certification in procurement and supply is an asset.
Afghanistan - Kabul
Deadline for expressions of interest: 21 October 2017. Expressions of interest should be submitted via a Cover Letter and. The email title should clearly mention: “Procurement Advisor”. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview.
CV to email@example.com
|More jobs in this category|
|Professional Services Administrator at French Medical Institute for Mothe..||Kabul||04 Nov 2017|
|Grants Assistant - LTTA at DAI/ACE-II||Kabul||31 Oct 2017|
|Admin Specialist at Afghanistan Cricket Board||Kabul||02 Nov 2017|
|Cook/Cleaner at Hawk Vision Consultancy Services||Kabul||31 Oct 2017|
|Administrative Assistant at Just for Afghan Capacity and Knowledge (JACK)||Kabul||29 Oct 2017|
|Admin/Finance Assistant at Seyyam International Limited||Kabul||18 Nov 2017|
|Grade man at Ministry of Agriculture Irrigation and livestock (MAIL)||Kabul||04 Nov 2017|
|Accountability & Gender Officer _ MEAL at ACTION CONTRE LA FAIM||Kabul||31 Oct 2017|
|Operation Officer at UNESCO Kabul||Kabul||05 Nov 2017|
|Administrative Assistant at KAWUN Institute of Higher Education||Balkh||02 Nov 2017|
|Help Desk Person (Customer Service) at PIU/ACD/SCRTFP-AF||Kabul||29 Oct 2017|
|Customer Service Officer at PIU/ACD/SCRTFP-AF||Kabul||29 Oct 2017|
|Customer Service Specialist at PIU/ACD/SCRTFP-AF||Kabul||29 Oct 2017|
|Residence Hall Coordinator at American University of Afghanistan||Kabul||25 Oct 2017|
|Receptionist at NETLINKS||Kabul||30 Oct 2017|
|Admin HR Manager at Galaxypharma Company||Kabul||30 Oct 2017|
|Executive Associate at UNDP Afghanistan||Kabul||25 Oct 2017|
|سکرتریت ریاست عملیاتی at DABS||Kabul||09 Nov 2017|
|Admin/Finance Assistant at PG Global Group||Multi Cities||03 Nov 2017|