Senior Finance Advisor(1911 Views)
About Colombo Plan
The Drug Advisory Programme (DAP) is a leading intergovernmental association established to address drug use in the Asia Pacific region. One of its key initiatives is institution building that aims to assist the Ministry of Counter Narcotics (MCN) of the Government of the Islamic Republic of Afghanistan fulfill its mandate as the leading government agency in the field of counter narcotics.
MCN provides policy coordination for the government’s counter narcotics activities and programs in cooperation with other ministries, independent bodies, and relevant organizations.
MCN and DAP entered into a mutual agreement to improve the capacity of the MCN to perform its institutional tasks more efficiently and to carry out its legally mandated roles and responsibilities more effectively. In support of MCN’s Institution Building Project, DAP invites qualified and experienced individuals to apply for the position of Senior Finance Advisor for the Finance and Administration Directorate. The assignment shall be for a period of one year subject to a probationary period of six months and is renewable subject to satisfactory performance and availability of funds.
The Senior Finance Advisor will work in support of MCN’s Finance Section to advise on budget processes and develop work plans with MCN’s strategy.
|Date Posted:||03 Oct 2017||Reference:||008|
|Closing Date:||21 Oct 2017||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Account/Finance||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per company salary scale|
|Contract Type:||Long-term||Years of Experience:||7 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||1 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||No|
Duties and Responsibilities
• To assist in the development of work plans in compliance with MCN strategy;
• To advise MCN on its current financial and budget process;
• To advise and provide guidance in the budgeting process, including on preparing requests, developing a decision-making process, and implementing budget execution of the Ministry of Counter Narcotics;
• To advise and provide guidance in preparing short- and long-term plans for the financial and budgetary sections of MCN;
• To consult, work with and mentor Financial Management staff and consolidate the capacity of the Finance and Administration Directorate;
• To mentor the Director of Finance and Administration on providing efficient services relating to administration and finance management;
• To assist DAP in identifying the training needs of their assigned directorates and recommend suitable courses, including distance learning;
• To advise and provide guidance on how to review administrative and financial documents to evaluate compliance with all laws for approval of the Deputy Minister Finance and Administration;
• To prepare and present monthly and quarterly activity reports to the Deputy Minister Finance and Administration, Colombo Plan, and the donor;
• To build directorate finance capacity in the finance department through on-the-job training;
• To participate as an observer in selection of the Evaluation Panel;
• To advise on the maintenance of accounting records in accordance with international accounting standards;
• To advise on proper storage and accessibility of all documents, information, and supporting materials, so they are made readily available, including to auditors;
• To perform technical assessments of staff capacity in Finance and Administration at the beginning and end of the contract, and advising on training to upgrade skills as required;
• To advise and provide guidance on revising the existing financial management manual in accordance with the international best practices, national laws, and regulations;
• To advise on best practices to cooperate with the donor and implementing partner to improve project financial management;
• To submit monthly activity reports to Colombo Plan using the appropriate template approved by the donor;
Advanced experience in the use of computers and Microsoft office programs (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.) and advanced experience in QuickBooks is required.
• Proven leadership qualities and experience at advisory level.
• Ability to work both independently and in a team; proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
• Good knowledge of English and Dari (reading/writing/speaking).
• Training in relevant fields, including management, financial management, accounting (CA, CPA, ACCA) is preferable.
• Excellent communication, interpersonal, and team-building skills.
• An advanced university degree (Master’s or equivalent) in accounting, finance, or a closely related field.
• Minimum of seven years’ experience in finance, accounting, or auditing with three years at a supervisory level, preferably with government.
• Duties require broad conceptual judgment, initiative and ability to deal with a wide range of finance issues; ability to work with confidential data, which if disclosed, would have significant internal and/or external impact.
• Ability to write and speak clearly and concisely in English.
• Attention to detail and strong numeracy skills; strong organizational and prioritization.
Afghanistan - Kabul
Deadline for expressions of interest: 21 October 2017. Expressions of interest should be submitted via a Cover Letter and CV to.Submission e-mail The email title should clearly mention: “Senior Finance Management Advisor”. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview.
|More jobs in this category|
|Senior Financial Management Specialist at ASDP/DMTVET/MOE||Kabul||02 Jul 2018|
|Financial Analyst at MOBY Group||Kabul||19 Jun 2018|
|Finance Officer at FHI360/GOLDOZI||Kabul||23 Jun 2018|
|Resident Advisor Pashtany Bank (PB) at Ministry of Finance||Kabul||26 Jun 2018|
|Resident Advisor New Kabul Bank (NKB) at Ministry of Finance||Kabul||26 Jun 2018|
|Supervisory Financial Analyst FSN-12 (Single .. at USAID/Afghanistan||Kabul||28 Jun 2018|
|Internal Audit Director at AFTEL||Kabul||25 Jun 2018|
|Operation Officer at Afghanistan Women Chamber of Commerce and Industry (..||Kabul||22 Jun 2018|
|Finance Officer at Kakar Advocates LLC||Kabul||11 Jul 2018|
|Finance Expert for MoMP/PSU at Ministry of Mines and Petroleum (MoMP)||Kabul||23 Jun 2018|
|Senior Administration and Finance Officer at AISS||Kabul||30 Jun 2018|
|TDFکارمند امور بانکی at ATRA||Kabul||29 Jun 2018|
|Financial Specialist FSN-10 at U.S. Embassy||Kabul||22 Jun 2018|
|Audit Manager at Afghan Green Gate Co||Kabul||22 Jun 2018|
|Billing Officer at Global Entourage Company Ltd.||Kabul||21 Jun 2018|
|Finance Officer at Malika and Refa Solution||Kabul||20 Jun 2018|
|Financial Accountant at Smart Telecom Co, Ltd||Kabul||02 Jul 2018|
|Finance Analyst at Youth in Action Consulting Company||Multi Cities||29 Nov 2018|
|Female Finance Analyst at Youth in Action Consulting Company||Multi Cities||29 Nov 2018|