Strengthening Mechanism (SM) Coordinator(865 Views)
About Ministry of Public Health
The System Enhancement for Health Action in Transition (SEHAT) is following the Strengthening Health Activities for the Rural poor (SHARP, 2009-2013) project, increasing the focus on systems development of the regular structures in the Ministry of Public Health (MoPH) at central and provincial levels in order to make them more responsive to the present and emerging needs of the sector. SEHAT is a 5-year program funded through International Development Association (IDA) and Afghanistan Reconstruction Trust Fund (ARTF). The project includes support for Basic Package of Health Services (BPHS) and Essential Package of Hospital Services (EPHS). Given the excellent opportunity provided by the ARTF for donor coordination, other development partners will be kept informed as they may join the partnership. The project development objective is to expand the scope and coverage of health services provided to the population, particularly for the poor, and will enhance the stewardship functions of the MoPH.
The MoPH-SM is a unit in the Ministry of Public Health responsible for coordinating the implementation of BPHS in the three provinces of Afghanistan (Parwan, Kapisa and Panjshir) called SM provinces.
Job Purpose: To ensure BPHS and EPHS policies implementation in targeted areas through a well-designed and on time plan, support and strength via regular supervision and sound control, and coordinating projects related issues to improve health status and mitigate estimated risks during period of contract.
|Date Posted:||03 Oct 2017||Reference:||SM/Co|
|Closing Date:||17 Oct 2017||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||General||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per NTA Salary Scale Policy|
|Contract Type:||Consultant||Years of Experience:||7 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||0 Year(s) & 9 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
Responsibilities: • Responsible for providing technical and management support for implementation of BPHS and EPHS in the SM provinces;
• Follow all task related to the MOPH-SM to ensure that the health services are delivered based on MoPH policy, and maintain quality of services;
• Coordinate matter technical and financial issues between government and the NGO who is responsible for management of SM provinces
• Liaise MOPH-SM in GCMU
• Maintain administrative process to ensure that all the procedures and documentation relating to the SM management contract and other contracts under SEHAT project SM provinces are effectively managed;
• Review Technical Quarterly Reports of SM provinces submitting by provincial technical team and the NGO who is responsible for management of SM provinces and provide necessary feedback;
• Assist SM provinces on all health matters including but not limited to; improving quality of health care services, efficient use of resources, improve patient satisfaction;
• Ensure that all medical and non-medical supply are provided to the health facilities;
• Assist Provincial Public Health Department (PHD) staff in carrying out systematic and supportive supervision of health service delivery;
• To undertake at least one field missions per month to related provinces;
• Primary responsible to follow up on the project success in reaching performance targets as stipulated in the contract;
• Ensure overall effective and timely completion and implementation contract in mechanism in three SM provinces;
• Strategically align and ensure that all health activities in the SM provinces are in line with the overall health sector goals and strategies;
• Ensure key program activities and milestones are on course to achieve results;
• Assess and formulate recommendations on measures for efficiency gain and performance improvement toward achieving desired outcomes;
• Maintain the coordination at the implementation level with the national and international stakeholders.
• Coordinate SM technical and supportive issues within MoPH General directorates and departments for better implementation of the project.
Have excellent computer and good internet knowledge
Excellent command of English and local languages and strong interpersonal, writing and communication skills Good team player.
Qualifications and experience: • Graduate from a Medical University. Candidates having postgraduate study will be preferred.
• At least 7 years working experience in management of Health Service at the management level with the government or UN agencies or NGOs or donor agencies.
• Have excellent computer and good internet knowledge
• Excellent command of English and local languages and strong interpersonal, writing and communication skills Good team player.
Deliverables: • Conducted at least one per month field visit of BPHS/ EPHS in the related
• Timely completion of the management contract in SM provinces
• All medical and non-medical supply are provided to the related health facilities on quarterly basis
Afghanistan - Kabul: PROVINCIAL CENTER (KABUL)
Bachelors Degree, Health/Medical
Submission Guide line: (I) Electronic applications will be sent to: sub e-mail which corresponds if any of following 2 items is missing, your application will be considered as ineligible/incomplete.
1. In your emails please specify the title of the position as well as vacancy number for electronic submissions and please do the same in the hardcopy submissions.
2. Updated Curriculum vitae (CV)/Resume (Please attached your recent photo and mention in your CV exact date/periods of your work experience, graduation Day, Month, and Year).
If you are shortlisted and invited for written test/interview you will be required to present the original, the following:
A. Education Documents: Your recent education degree/diploma
Copy of verified Baccalaureate (12 passed) degree by Ministry of Education
Copy of verified 14 or 15 passed degree by related Ministries
Copy of verified Bachelor Degree by Ministry of Higher Education
Copy of verified Medical Doctor Degree by Ministry of Higher Education
Copy of verified Master degree by Ministry of Higher Education
B. Copy of National Identity Card (Tazkira: Only the pages that show picture and Tazkira number, pages, place of issue and date of issue)
• Electronic applications will be sent to: sub e-mail
• Hard copies will be sent to: HR Container, Second floor, at the Ministry of Public Health, Great Masoud Square Kabul Afghanistan.
• The Contact Person at Human Resources is: Mr. Mustafa Sirat, HR Officer, MoPH-GD HR. Phone number: 0093- (0)-794-217733
Only shortlisted candidates will be invited to written test/interview and subsequent process. Please contact the person in charge (Mr. Mustafa Sirat) for confirmation.
• No CVs will be accepted after the closing date.
• Any persuade will be threat as disqualification.
• Candidate who applies for the same position in last six months and was unsuccessful (Obtained less than 60% marks), will not be short listed.
• Fraudulent documents and or fraudulent claims in CVs and or documents will result in disqualification at any stage of the recruitment process.
|More jobs in this category|
|جنراتورکار at Ministry of Public Health||Kabul||05 Mar 2018|
|مسول بازار کار at Afghan Hind||Kabul||28 Feb 2018|
|Program Assistant (Vulnerable Populations) FS.. at U.S. Embassy||Kabul||25 Feb 2018|
|Finance and Admin Specialist at Ministry of Public Health||Kabul||02 Mar 2018|
|Policy Analyst SME at MOIA||Kabul||03 Mar 2018|
|Head of Environment and Social Management at MPW-NRAP inc||Kabul||04 Mar 2018|
|Data Entry Officer at NSDP | MOLSAMD||Kabul||23 Feb 2018|
|TRANSLATOR FSN-08 at U.S. Embassy||Kabul||21 Feb 2018|
|کارمند تعقیب طلبات دوایر.. at DABS||Kabul||22 Feb 2018|
|Business Development Manager at IDS Afghanistan||Kabul||26 Feb 2018|
|کارمند تعقیب قطع لین at DABS||Kabul||22 Feb 2018|
|Interns ( General ) at HEDP / MoHE||Kabul||04 Mar 2018|
|Emergency Response Officer at Coordination of Rehabilitaion and Developm..||Badghis||24 Feb 2018|
|Technician at Afghan Cyber ISP||Kabul||25 Feb 2018|
|Environmental Officer at ASDP/DMTVET/MOE||Kabul||25 Feb 2018|
|Editor/Proofreader at MCM Learning||Kabul||02 Mar 2018|
|کار زده کړه/حرفوي زده کړه at USAID Promote: Women in ..||Multi Cities||12 Apr 2018|
|کارآموزی/کارآموزی حرفه ی.. at USAID Promote: Women i..||Multi Cities||12 Apr 2018|
|Intern/Apprentice at USAID Promote: Women in the Economy||Kabul||16 May 2018|