Sales Officer(716 Views)
About TURQUOISE MOUNTAIN
Turquoise Mountain (TM) is a non-profit, non-governmental organization specializing in urban regeneration, business development, and education in traditional arts and architecture. It provides jobs, skills, and a renewed sense of national pride to Afghan women and men. Turquoise Mountain is registered as an NGO with the Government of Afghanistan’s Ministry of Economy. It is also a registered charity in the United Kingdom.
Turquoise Mountain aims to transform the Afghan craft industry into a significant driver of national economic growth and job creation. In November 2015 Turquoise Mountain will begin a three year program dedicated to creating a self-sustaining and diverse Afghan artisan sector that is able to flourish independently of foreign aid, employing thousands, empowering women, instilling pride, and creating a new more positive image of Afghanistan around the world. The program aims to support at least 115 Afghan artisan businesses.
One of the key areas in which Turquoise Mountain will assist these businesses is through international and domestic sales support.
|Date Posted:||04 Oct 2017||Reference:||TM104|
|Closing Date:||17 Oct 2017||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Sales/Marketing||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per company salary scale|
|Contract Type:||Fixed-term||Years of Experience:||2 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||1 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
Roles and Responsibilities
Reporting directly to the Head of Sales the sales officer will:
- Production management of orders from allocated accounts. This includes communicating with artisans, checking cost sheets, interrogating costs, checking production and ensuring deadlines for delivery are met.
- Working closely with Turquoise Mountain’s technical assistants, communicate with Head of Sales the production of new product lines for jewellery, ceramics, textiles and woodwork. Along with the Head of Sales, the sales officer is the ‘on the ground’ coordinator for such collaborations relaying information from the workshops as designs are produced, samples made and quotations formed.
- Work with international designers to interpret their instructions for artisans. Good communication skill are essential to translate international designer’s ideas into easily understood terms for artisans to follow.
- Help carry out targeted research on products and markets, both domestic and international. This may involve a survey of local businesses in Kabul, as well as web-based research on potential new markets abroad.
- Aid the development and management of Turquoise Mountain’s brand.
- Collaborate with the External Affairs Officer to ensure Turquoise Mountain’s external communications lead to the effective generation of sales.
- Manage orders and production processesthrough timely and professional communication.
- Coordinate and plan local sales (also known as exhibitions) with Embassies and NGOs in Kabul. This includes being responsible for selecting and liaising with artisans who will be attending, communicating with the contact at the event organisation, arranging logistics (transport, security details, tables and equipment), and recording sales figures post event.
Skills and Experience
• Citizen of Afghanistan
• English language proficiency, with strong writing skills.
• Experience communicating with international clients and businesses, an advantage.
• Understanding and familiarity with Afghanistan’s artisan sector preferred.
• Experience and skill in working with SMEs and not-for-profit organisations.
• Ability to work with a diverse team based in different locations.
• Knowledge of InDesign or Photoshop would be beneficial but is not essential.
• An adaptable and energetic problem solver with good communication skills and a sense of humour.
• Self starting, committed, flexible and loyal.
Bachelor degree in business administration
Afghanistan - Kabul: PROVINCIAL CENTER (KABUL)
Bachelors Degree, Sales/Marketing
Please send CV and covering letter to:
Further information about the work of Turquoise Mountain is available at www.turquoisemountain.org
|More jobs in this category|
|Marketing Manager at Afghanistan Cricket Board||Kabul||08 Nov 2017|
|MARKETING MANAGER at Exchangerzone, Inc.||Kabul||31 Oct 2017|
|فروشنده/sales reps at J&Z Ltd||Multi Cities||17 Nov 2017|
|Marketing Manager at Galaxypharma Company||Kabul||30 Oct 2017|
|Sales Executive at Big Bear Company||Balkh||30 Oct 2017|
|Marketing Specialist at Afghanistan Cricket Board||Kabul||25 Oct 2017|
|Sales Supervisor at Habib Gulzar Non - Alcoholic Beverages Limited||Herat||31 Oct 2017|
|Marketing saleman at sayara international ltd||Kabul||26 Oct 2017|