Finance / Administrative Assistant(2451 Views)
-The International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies (IFRC) is the world's largest humanitarian network, reaching 150 million people each year through its 189 member National Societies. The Organisation acts before, during and after disasters and health emergences in order to meet the needs and improve the lives of vulnerable people. Our work is guided by seven fundamental principles (humanity, impartiality, neutrality, independence, voluntary service, unity and universality) and by Strategy 2020, which voices our collective vision and determination to move forward in tackling the major challenges that confront humanity in the present decade.
The International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies ("the International Federation") is an international humanitarian organisation and active in Afghanistan since 1991. In its assistance programme to the Afghan Red Crescent Society it provides humanitarian relief mainly through community based health programmes, disaster preparedness and institutional development. The International Federation operates through its main delegation in Kabul and three Sub Office in Herat, Jalalabad, Mazar-e-Sharif.
The administration department as provider Professional service and support to the programmes and departments in delivering its priorities Under operational plan 2015 –in accordance Strategy 2020.
The IFRC Admin/welcome officer, with support from the IFRC’s Senior Support Service Manager and Finance/Admin delegate and by extension, the Programme Coordinator, will be responsible for managing the Administrative obligations of the IFRC Afghanistan office. The key requirements for this position include careful management of the data recording, filling system, working to ensure quality service that is delivered on time, every time. This will require working with programme departments, sub-offices and Admin/HR team members to ensure collective engagement in the related process.
The Admin/welcome Officer is expected to contribute energy, enthusiasm and commitment to the Administration/HR team. A strong team-player ethos is demanded as the Admin/welcome officer role will be expected to be a rapid responder to programme Administrative and HR information needs, especially in times of emergency and events and operations.
1. Assist the Office in financial reporting, asset management and day to day cash flow
2. Assist the NorCross in maintaining effective admin support
|Date Posted:||05 Oct 2017||Reference:||N/A|
|Closing Date:||20 Oct 2017||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Account/Finance||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per company salary scale|
|Contract Type:||Fixed-term||Years of Experience:||3 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||0 Year(s) & 12 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Provide adequate administrative technical support to NorCross staff.
2. Responsible for all travel arrangements of the delegation staff (national and delegates).
3. Ensure proper welcome arrangements for staff, delegate, visitors/consultants including pick up/drop from/at airport in coordination with the fleet, scheduling meetings and sharing of their ToR with relevant colleagues.
4. Liaise with ICRC for possible flights, accommodation for delegates; obtaining security green lights for field trips as well as arrangement for security situation updates in cooperation with CM.
5. Coordinate visa issues and other arrangement for travelling and visitors with International Department in ARCS
6. Maintenance of office inventory including NorCross items in the accommodation(s) of NorCross delegates.
7. Undertake local procurement prepared by program staff and approved by the CM.
8. Process all visa requests (Pakistan and others) for national and international staff.
9. Establish and maintain delegation standard filling system and back-up system.
10. Ensure proper filing of all admin documents including registration of internal & external correspondence and other records.
11. Assist delegation with writing memo’s, invitation letters, email as well as translation of the documents related to admin, when needed
12. Responsible for arrangement of meetings/workshops and any gatherings scheduled by NorCross or instructed by management when needed
1. Responsible for handling petty cash & preparation of cash related payment after obtaining required supporting documents, verification with approved budget and authorization signature by the relevant personnel.
2. Prepare and maintain petty cash journals with supporting documentation.
3. Under take weekly or daily (when required) cash count with petty cash journal with Line Manager.
4. Record all transactions in Agresso – including, but not limited to, travel advances to NorCross staff.
5. Responsible for month end cash reconciliation with the help of Line Manager.
6. Cross checking of ARCS Finance docs and contact with ARCS finance department for further action and/or supporting docs/ acknowledgment of payment.
7. Keep record of working advances of Local staff, Delegate & National society and reconcile it.
8. Assist line manager to ensure cash flow and cost control as well as the management of the payments, cashier, bank signatory and working advances.
9. Any other task assigned by line manage
Thorough understanding of Admin & Finance
Open to work with others with different cultural backgrounds
Self-supporting in computers (Windows, Microsoft Office)
Ability to produce written documentation on a daily, weekly and monthly basis
Core competencies - a high degree of competence in Teamwork; commitment to the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement; integrity & personal conduct; flexibility; imitative & direction; interpersonal skills; resilience
-University degree in the field of Finance/Administration
Afghanistan - Kabul
Bachelors Degree, Business Administration
Applications should be submitted online following below link
IFRC is an equal opportunity organization, female and male candidates are encouraged to apply
|More jobs in this category|
|Finance Assistant (Female) at Unique Atlantic Telecommunication LTD||Kabul||28 Dec 2017|
|Monitoring & Capacity Building Officer at Alfalah Consulting Service (ACS..||Kabul||23 Dec 2017|
|(Financial Reporting Officer) کارمند ر.. at DABS||Kabul||23 Dec 2017|
|مدیر جنسی at DABS||Kabul||23 Dec 2017|
|DATA PROCESSING OFFICER - Re announced at Alfalah Consulting Service (AC..||Kabul||17 Dec 2017|
|Accounting Associate at Afghanistan Holding Group||Kabul||16 Dec 2017|
|Cashier at Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF)||Kabul||20 Dec 2017|
|Internal Audit at SDROA||Kabul||21 Dec 2017|
|Sr. finance assistant and voucher examiner at IFRC||Kabul||16 Dec 2017|
|Finance Assistant at Jahan University||Kabul||15 Dec 2017|
|Machinery Controller Officer at Aziz Group||Kabul||31 Dec 2017|
|Finance Analyst at Youth in Action Consulting Company||Multi Cities||15 Apr 2018|
|Female Finance Analyst at Youth in Action Consulting Company||Multi Cities||15 Aug 2018|